Kasparov is coming to Canada!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kasparov is coming to Canada!

He will be in Toronto in October and in Montreal in November. Complete details can be found at the site below...

http://powerwithin.com/4105/speakers...garry-kasparov

Tickets for Montreal....

I was able to get a special price of $185 per ticket (because of a quantity discount) for the Montreal event.

I have 5 extra tickets, so if you want one, please contact me at bevand@chess-math.org.

First come, first served.

Larry

Comment

Re: Kasparov is coming to Canada!

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
      He will be in Toronto in October and in Montreal in November. Complete details can be found at the site below...
      http://powerwithin.com/4105/speakers...garry-kasparov
      Garry Kasparov

Innovation and Success

In a listing of top chess champions formed in 1988, Casablanca, Karpov and Fischer were named; however above all sat twenty-five year old Russian, Garry Kasparov. A World Champion until his retirement in 2005, Garry went on to open The Kasparov Chess Academy near the campus of Tel Aviv University. Also since retirement, he has devoted his time to politics and writing. In 2007, he entered the Russian Presidential race receiving 379 of 498 votes at a congress held in Moscow. In addition Kasparov has authored several books on chess and is a regular contributor to the Wall Street Journal, TIME Magazine and Forbes.

Comment

Something new to do with your time, Larry, now that we've hit Freedom 55. It's good for me. I hope it's good for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Berry View Post
          Something new to do with your time, Larry, now that we've hit Freedom 55. It's good for me. I hope it's good for you!
          You called me "Larry" ?

That's OK but only if you will call Larry "JPR" ;)

Comment

Will Kasparov give simul to chess players in Montreal?

Comment

Re : Kasparov is coming to Canada!

Hahaha! Nice mistake between Capablanca and Casablanca :D

Comment

Casablanca est la plus grande ville du Maroc .. plus que 5 millions d'habitants .. Merci pour la correction ..

Je pense que c'est trop dispendieux d'assister à cet évènement .. il n'y a pas de gratuité quelque part ? :D Peut être devant le portail du palais de congrès ..

Comment

You may look at Kasparov's online show on September 19. (Probably it'll be in Russian)
                  http://www.blogtv.com/people/kasparov

Comment

Subway Ad of Kasparov coming to Canada!

I was surprised to see Kasparov's name and photo in the subway station. It was part of ad for the Power Within Leadership conference that Larry mentined in this thread (Oct 21, $229). The keynote speaker is Barbara Walters, but Kasparov was next in the list of speakers, and swimmer Michael Phelphs was also added. Often Anthony Robbins headlines these events.

http://www.powerwithin.com/4105/even...sp?event_id=61

Leadership
                    Garry Kasparov
                    Innovation and Success

In a listing of top chess champions formed in 1988, Casablanca, Karpov and Fischer were named; however above all sat twenty-five year old Russian, Garry Kasparov. A World Champion until his retirement in 2005, Garry went on to open The Kasparov Chess Academy near the campus of Tel Aviv University. Also since retirement, he has devoted his time to politics and writing. In 2007, he entered the Russian Presidential race receiving 379 of 498 votes at a congress held in Moscow. In addition Kasparov has authored several books on chess and is a regular contributor to the Wall Street Journal, TIME Magazine and Forbes.

Comment

Re: Subway Ad of Kasparov coming to Canada!

Casablanca?

Comment

Re: Subway Ad of Kasparov coming to Canada!

spelling typo, i'm sure he meant Capablanca!

Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse View Post
                        Casablanca?

Comment

Tickets for this are still available at the special price of $185. It is a full day event with headliner Bill Clinton and many other speakers including Garry Kasparov. Contact me if you are interested.

bevand@chess-math.org

Comment

Re: How was Kasparov in Toronto?

Hi Larry,

I see you posting Kasparov coming to Montreal. How was his speech in Toronto? Is it really worth $185?

I was thinking of the event as I was working at the Royal York Hotel, only a block away.

It was worth it to buy a newer Hirarcs/Fritz for my newer computer. At first I just thought it was finding the same moves faster, but it is finding deeper mates and perpetual checks that the old program didn't find.

Comment

No Kasparov in Montreal...

I just got back from the full day of speeches by various folks at the Palais des Congrès in Montreal. Kasparov was a no-show and the organizers neither announced that on-site nor did they replace him...they simply had a long pause before Clinton got up to speak. Nonetheless it was an interesting day.

Comment

Working...
                              X