Toronto Star promotes CFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Star promotes CFC

Last Wednesday Star columnist Joe Fiorito had his column on 8-year-old Joseph Bellissimo (CFC rating 1346 but a recent 1752 performance rating). Bellissimo “whipped” the reporter in a casual game.

The kid likes Karpov, Tal and Pillsbury and the Italian and Nimzo-Indian openings. He says chess helps his school marks. The Grade 3 Ontario Champion will go to Vietnam, but there aren’t enough sponsors to send a team of coaches.

The online version mentions donating to the CFC!

http://www.thestar.com/comment/colum...article/496409

Re: Toronto Star promotes CFC

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post
    Last Wednesday Star columnist Joe Fiorito had his column on 8-year-old Joseph Bellissimo (CFC rating 1346 but a recent 1752 performance rating). Bellissimo “whipped” the reporter in a casual game.
    I got a chuckle out of the Saturday chess column. Just below the Saturday column is the word Jumble. They will publish the answer in tomorrows paper. The answer to the jumble is Ghost Writers. I solve the jumbles. Is it a sneaky plot to sabotage the chess column? Enquiring minds and all that.
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

I like that dangle: If chess were hockey ...

Nice move also putting in the coach donation address for the online version.

Comment

If chess were hockey, Canada would be Egypt, anyway.
        everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Working...
        X