Bluvshtein and Roussel-Roozmon in Hungary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluvshtein and Roussel-Roozmon in Hungary

GM Mark Bluvshtein and IM Thomas Roussel-Roozmon are playing in the June First Saturday tournament in Budapest.

They are ranked 1st and 3rd in the 14-player round robin.

Results at:
    http://firstsaturday.freeweb.hu/0806/gm.htm

I am overjoyed to see Mark back in chess. Probably my favourite Canadian GM of all time.
    The link leads to a Hungarian website that I can't decipher.
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Sorry, forgot to look at the date of your post!!
      Paul Leblanc
      Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

The organizer of Rigochess passed away quite recently so there will be no RRs on the 3rd Saturday each month. He was quite successful with his Budapest RRs and had a long standing series of tournaments at Lake Balaton. There is no face to face team chess in the Budapest league this season and no real face to face play in the city now, but perhaps there might be some in the new year. The city is in lockdown, no sit-down service in coffeeshops and restaurants, masks needed everywhere and I think quite strict quarantine restrictions for anyone incoming. Somehow First Saturday keeps going, I don't know how. in December there was no GM group. The IM group always has FM Mark Lyell who is a Budapest resident so the requirement for a minimum number of foreign player is easier to meet. I have not played in a tournament since the last Budapest Open. Things are pretty bleak here right now for chess. Public health is the top concern now due to the virus. I would urge common sense if are planning a chess trip to Europe in the next year. I would wait for as long as possible. I only go out for food, pay rent at the bank or the the Post Office to pay bills. It is simply too risky for unnecessary exposure. Hopefully things are going better in Canada. Anyway happy new year everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Yip View Post
          The organizer of Rigochess passed away quite recently so there will be no RRs on the 3rd Saturday each month. He was quite successful with his Budapest RRs and had a long standing series of tournaments at Lake Balaton. There is no face to face team chess in the Budapest league this season and no real face to face play in the city now, but perhaps there might be some in the new year. The city is in lockdown, no sit-down service in coffeeshops and restaurants, masks needed everywhere and I think quite strict quarantine restrictions for anyone incoming. Somehow First Saturday keeps going, I don't know how. in December there was no GM group. The IM group always has FM Mark Lyell who is a Budapest resident so the requirement for a minimum number of foreign player is easier to meet. I have not played in a tournament since the last Budapest Open. Things are pretty bleak here right now for chess. Public health is the top concern now due to the virus. I would urge common sense if are planning a chess trip to Europe in the next year. I would wait for as long as possible. I only go out for food, pay rent at the bank or the the Post Office to pay bills. It is simply too risky for unnecessary exposure. Hopefully things are going better in Canada. Anyway happy new year everyone!
          Michael, excuse my ignorance, who was that passed Organizer?

Comment

IM Janos Rigo I never met him personally but I have heard good things about him

Comment

Happy New Year Michael!

Comment

Working...
              X