Pictures on the CFC website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures on the CFC website

Hi Everyone. Well this is my first post on the new chesstalk. So hopefully I get it right.

I just wanted everyone to know about some changes on the CFC website.

David Cohen is helping us with fundraising efforts for Olympic team. He immediately asked us all to get our pictures taken. Some of them have been uploaded onto the website. We still have a few camera shy types, but eventually. Check out the fundraising thermometer ! Vince has been working with David with week to make it happen. Great work guys.

Let us know what you think.

Re: Pictures on the CFC website

Maybe my eyes are tired, but I don't see any photos.

Comment

The photographs are on the "contact us" page...really unflattering photographs.... taken from driving licenses?

Comment

Well John, do you really feel the need to criticize everything CFC. I am not really happy with my picture, but then I am not very photogenic.

But I think you owe most of the others an apology.

Comment

I don't criticize "everything" CFC. However, most of the work of the CFC is done poorly... (the work by yourself is mostly outstanding, btw, and a marked contrast to former EDs. Everyone says so, as you have probably noticed.).

As regards the photographs, it could be that the people aren't very photogenic, but I've met a few of them, and they look much better in the flesh. So, you want me to apologise to Hal Bond because you posted an unflattering photograph of him?

In case you are wondering, I am one of the less attractive members of humanity, and leave a trail of broken cameras and cracked mirrrors behind me.

Comment

Let he (John) who cast the first aspersion show his picture...

Seriously, I don't think the pictures are at all bad; it would make sense to rescale all of them to a specific "thumbnail" size though... I think it is absolutely great to have pictures (although I am not looking forward to the day when/if my picture appears; I am sure many others who have or haven't met me will agree )
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
              Let us know what you think.
              I would move "The contact information" table from "About us" to "Contact Us"

Use the same abbreviation everywhere (www.chess.ca)- CFC or C.F.C.

Somewhere include Olympiad logo.

Make alive a message board or hide better.

Change color in Canadian Youth Chess Championships table from green to "blue" (probably color="#336699")

Comment

I'll agree to this. The pictures should be less serious - wider smile and shoot not from the front (for me it looks like passport photos)

Bonnie and Vincent's photos are fine, but quality could be better.

Where is Stijn's bride?

Bob,
                If you will find any useful photo at my website, take it or let me know and I'll provide originals.
                Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Wednesday, 11th June, 2008, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                  Let he (John) who cast the first aspersion show his picture...
                  I wasn't casting no nasturtiums, it seems to me that the people implying that Hal Bond looks like a member of the Kruschev's cabinet are the aspersers.

I avoid cameras, but sometimes I get caught... how do you post pictures on this board... let's see...

Comment

Working...
                  X