Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fundraising Drive for Canada's teams at the 38th Chess Olympiad 2008

Fundraising Drive for Canada's teams at the 38th Chess Olympiad 2008

I was hired by the CFC to approach corporations for sponsorship for our National and Women's teams at the 38th Chess Olympiad this November in Dresden. The deadline for registering our teams is July 12. The CFC set a budget and a fundraising goal for the teams of $20,000. Of this amount, $6,000 is for the travel expense for each team. We need to make significant progress towards these goals by July 12.

My first step was to improve the CFC's web site, keeping in mind that potential sponsors may visit it. These changes are mostly implemented thanks to the CFC's dedicated staff. Check out the main page, the Olympiad page, and the contact page. You can help by sending me your photo and bio (current Canadian Champions, CFC Governors and Committee volunteers).

The second step is where you come in. I can only approach corporations with some chance of success if we show that we the Canadian chess community support our own teams. We've raised almost $2,000, and the list of our donors is posted on the CFC's web site (names only). I would like to raise some more money from a long list of donors who are chess fans - you who are reading this. I suggest a donation of $25. I think it's affordable for most of you. Please call the CFC now, or send in your cheque today. The sooner we make progress towards the goal, the sooner I can demonstrate that we're behind our teams, the sooner the CFC can make its funding decisions, and the more likely we are to obtain a sponsor so we can send 2 teams with full funding.

Finally, there is a third way in which you can help. If you would like me to approach your employer for sponsorship, or if you would like my help for you to approach your employer, please contact me at the e-mail address below.

Thanks,

David

David Cohen, MPPM, IA
    bw998@freenet.carleton.ca
Working...
X