Hart House event looks to be the biggest in Toronto for years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart House event looks to be the biggest in Toronto for years!

This weekend's tournament:) at Hart House, on the University of Toronto campus, looks to be shaping up as the biggest field and the biggest guaranteed prize fund for any event in the Toronto area for a good many years. One GM and four IMs headline the contenders.

I've been hearing stories about a strong bid from this group for the 2010 Post-Secondary Championships, and a potential 2010 Canadian Open bid as well. That would be the first Canadian Open in the Toronto area for over a decade.

Congratulations and best wishes to the Hart House organizers, and keep up the great work!!

Re: Hart House event looks to be the biggest in Toronto for years!

Originally posted by Frank Dixon View Post
    This weekend's tournament:) at Hart House, on the University of Toronto campus, looks to be shaping up as the biggest field and the biggest guaranteed prize fund for any event in the Toronto area for a good many years. One GM and four IMs headline the contenders.
    IMHO, counting listed pre-registered players, the tournament looks similar to Labour day ;)

May you say your source of information? (I can see FIVE IM)
    http://hhchess.sa.utoronto.ca/hhopen...egistered.html

Comment

Woot! GO HART HOUSE
      Shameless self-promotion on display here
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Dixon View Post

I've been hearing stories about a strong bid from this group for the 2010 Post-Secondary Championships, and a potential 2010 Canadian Open bid as well. That would be the first Canadian Open in the Toronto area for over a decade.

Congratulations and best wishes to the Hart House organizers, and keep up the great work!!
        Hello Frank,

We're certainly very pleased with the turn-out this weekend.
        We had 75 players Round 1 and a few people took byes, some of them due to the snow storm. We also did have a few cancellations :(
        The storm did not stop at least one family to drive all the way from Ottawa

You are right about our intention to place a bid to host the 2010 Canadian Universities Chess Championships. I am not aware of any intention from the Hart House Chess Club to bid for the Canadian Open.
        It would definitely be awesome to have it in Toronto, though !

Thanks, we're looking forward to visit QueensU in January

Alex Ferreira

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ferreira View Post
          Hello Frank,

We're certainly very pleased with the turn-out this weekend.
          We had 75 players Round 1 and a few people took byes, some of them due to the snow storm. We also did have a few cancellations :(
          The storm did not stop at least one family to drive all the way from Ottawa

Alex Ferreira
          Hi Alex,

Congratulations on your event! I really thought putting it just before Xmas was a mistake...but what the heck do I know anyway :)

Sincerely,

Larry

Comment

Congratulations to the organizers of such a chess event! Great work! Keep that on.:)

Comment

Working...
            X