How to have fun practicing blindfold chess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to have fun practicing blindfold chess

How to overcome somebodies reluctance to play you? Try offering to play blindfolded. Yesterday evening I did that with my new girlfriend and she soon brought a towel out and wrapped it around my head (definitely no peeking and really warm but I was willing to try something new) I took White and proceeded with 1.e4 Nf6 2.e5 Ne4 3.Bc4 d6 (a bit timid better was ...d5) 4.Qf3 f5?! (better still was d5) 5.e6 d5 (finally but too late) 6.Qxf5 Nf6 (sees the threat Qf7#) 7.Bd3 g6 (everythings protected so attack!) 8.Qxg6+ hxg6 9.Bxg6#. Another game followed in less spectacular but efficient fashion - so she did what any good player would do - if the tactics arent working change your strategy. She took White and proceeded with 1.e4 Nf6 2.e5 Nd5 3.c4 Nb6 4.c5 (attack, attack, attack) Nd5 5.Bc4 c6 6.Nc3 e6 7.d4 Be7 8.Qb3 (a little bit of overkill) 00 9.Nf3 b6 10.Ne4 bxc5 11.dxc5 Bxc5 12.Bd2 (sees Nxc5 Qa5+ but not the rest) Be7 13.Bg5 Bxg5 14.Nfxg5 f5 15.Nd6? (en passant would have saved her) ...Qxg5 16.Nxc8 Rxc8 17.Qb7!? Nb6 18.Ba6 Qd8 Now she realized her queen was trapped so again a change in strategy! - she pulled down my pants and was quickly winning! Its definitely going to be a merry Christmas and dear reader I want to wish you all the best for the season.

Re: How to have fun practicing blindfold chess

I am very happy for you, and amicably envious! :)

Comment

Re: How to have fun practicing blindfold chess

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas. She is a tactical genius !

Great story Hans! I can see this blindfold chess catching on very quickly.
      Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Tuesday, 23rd December, 2008, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X