Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hart House Holidays Open

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    Clicking two times (not too fast), it forces to open a page :)
    I found a way to do it by "opening it in a new page" and it tells me error when I submit it but it's actually working so... will keep that going until I can.
    Thanks guys.

Couple of withdrawals but even more registrations places us over 120 at the moment.

Alex F.

Comment

Re: Hart House Holidays Open - FIDE Rating

Originally posted by Alex Ferreira View Post
      Hi Bob,
      We rated the Spring Open at Hart House top 3 sections with FIDE. We may yet rate the U1900 with FIDE for the Reading Week Open in February. With 6 rounds, it's more appealing to attempt FIDE rating a section where a good number of players will still not have a rating.
      I will study the players' pool and consider it again.
      Alex F.
      Hi Alex:

Thanks to Egis' post in this thread, it seems that for a section to be FIDE-rated, the tournament/section must be registered with FIDE in advance.

I know you have no intention of FIDE rating the current U 1900 section for the HHHO - but what is the latest date you could have done it (Or can do it)?

My research on the U 1900 section for the HHHO shows the following re FIDE rating:

1. 42% of the pre-registered's have a FIDE rating (8/19). I was somewhat surprised that it was so high.

2. The average FIDE rating of these 8 pre-registrations is 1621.

If this can't do anything re the HHHO, I hope it may help with the decision to FIDE-rate the U 1900 section in the 2017 6-round HHRWO.

Bob A

Comment

Re: Team Prize

Hi,

We will have a team prize, $400.
        Teams will be composed of 4 players, representing 3 (or 4) different playing sections.
        This is completely optional. Please do not send me e-mails registering teams, do so on-site *after* you've confirmed that all your team-mates have arrived and you may register your team with me 30 minutes after the start of Round 1 / anytime after during Round 1.

Winning team will be the highest number of points scored, tabulating all 4 players total scores in the tournament.

Alex Ferreira

Comment

Re: Team Prize

The team 'Eurasia' took first place in the team competition. It consisted of IM Kaiqi Yang, NM David Southam, William Hongyu Li and myself. 'Team Noritsyn' came in second (Nikolay, Sergey, Max Chen and Tigran Ghazarian). I believe Eugene Hua's team came in third (Eugene, Michelle Hua, maybe Alberto Ranola and Ferdinand Supsup). It was a very tight race right up until the end!
          Last edited by Glenn Giffen; Monday, 19th December, 2016, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X