X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trump - The NEW, New Thread

Originally posted by Mavros Whissell View Post
    Hi Bob,

I wonder if you have read about Milankovic Cycles. This is completely valid and topical science, and also uses ice-core data as a support. This ice-core data would place us smack in the middle of an Ice Age (3,000 years overdue in fact). Maybe this is worth looking into.
    I see you are doing some research on the topic. Good for you. Yes, I did read about Milankovic Cycles, and much much more. It is several years ago now, but I did spend considerable time researching climate change. I did visit many websites. I listened to the arguments on both sides with an open mind, and there was considerable debate, lots and lots of good and false information out there. I eventually concluded that climate change was real and man-made. I was convinced 100% then, and everything since has reinforced my conclusion. It may take you some time to be convinced, but enjoy the journey. I would direct you to one youtuber, potholer54. I found his series of videos to be very useful and entertaining. No doubt there will some skeptics who will claim he is a quack, but make up your own mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavros Whissell View Post
      Also what is the current status of the disastrous ozone hole? Where did it go?
      Somewhat better, last I heard, the holes had diminished significantly. Go ahead, do some research yourself.
      The improvements are due to international agreements that limited the use of various gases causing the problem.
      Proof that global solutions can help solve our environmental problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
        Bob, just as a word of advice, don't use weather as evidence of climate change. This is a trap too many climate change supporters and deniers fall into. In this example, last year one could have used the lack of significant hurricanes as evidence against climate change. Did the cool, wet summer in Ontario mean climate change is not real?

You have to use long term changes over years/decades to support climate change. Sea ice levels in the arctic make for good evidence. Rising sea levels are another. Individual hurricanes don't.
        Thanks Garland, you are correct. There are lots of faulty analysis on the web that confuses weather with climate. You do not see credible climate scientists claiming climate change is the cause of Harvey or Irma. We have had hurricanes long before man-made climate change. Climate change science does predict that hurricanes will become more frequent and severe. Is that not exactly what we are seeing?
        Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Sunday, 10th September, 2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Tonight Trump hosts a working dinner. So, what's for dinner?

Swamp critters!!!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...e-house-dinner

The symbolism is unmistakable ... The Donald is serving up the swamp. This, after his rating approval surges upward!

MAGA!

Comment

Bernie Sanders will be introducing his Healthcare for all plan tomorrow with a dozen or so Democratic co-sponsors.
            A plan that will be a whole lot more popular than the brutal Republican plan that failed recently.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.b14a6b64f136

If Trump wants to really boost his ratings, he should get behind Bernie's plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
              Bernie Sanders will be introducing his Healthcare for all plan tomorrow with a dozen or so Democratic co-sponsors.
              A plan that will be a whole lot more popular than the brutal Republican plan that failed recently.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.b14a6b64f136

If Trump wants to really boost his ratings, he should get behind Bernie's plan.
              I defer to republican senator (and licensed MD) Rand Paul for all things healthcare. He and Trump don't quite see eye-to-eye ...I sure hope this gets under control right quick.

Comment

Thank goodness for people like Rex Tillerson who know how to do the right thing when Trump doesn't have a clue:

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/...id=mailsignout
                "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Bernie Sanders - Health Care Plan for all Americans.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/13/o...tion%2Fopinion

Comment

Hey Neil baby! How come it took your god six days to call the Mexican president with condolences re Mexico's earthquake and hurricane? Too busy on twitter?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.bfd5def9aee3
                    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                      Hey Neil baby! How come it took your god six days to call the Mexican president with condolences re Mexico's earthquake and hurricane? Too busy on twitter?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.bfd5def9aee3
                      I took that long for Trump's 'think tank' to dream up that lame excuse (no cell signal in Earthquake zone).
                      Trump thought he could leave a voice mail via Twitter... LAME!
                      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

43% approval rating mid-Sept!

Movin' on up.

MAGA!

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
                          43% approval rating mid-Sept!
                          Movin' on up.
                          No. Neil, you are cherry picking poll numbers.
                          43% approval is the latest Rasmussen poll, which is usually the most favourable one for Trump.

But, a little history on the Rasmussen poll approval rating
                          Jan 20 Inauguration day - 56%
                          A week ago - 46%
                          Now - 43%

At least when I report poll numbers they are averages of numerous polls, including Rasmussen.
                          These poll indexes have had Trump approval numbers in a tight band of between 37% - 40%.
                          As of now - 538 (Ned Silver) - 38.8%, Real Clear Politics - 39.7%
                          It has been in this tight band for several months, little change.

You are as bad as CNN, who report only the worst polls for Trump.

Comment

Con Man in Chief

http://www.thedailybeast.com/i-told-...onman-in-chief

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                              An incredibly biased diatribe that forces the reader to the trough before shovel feeding him garbage instead of water.

Comment

Duplicate need to delete
                                Last edited by Mavros Whissell; Wednesday, 20th September, 2017, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X