Does your chess club have its own in-club rating system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does your chess club have its own in-club rating system?

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    I used to use an excel spreadsheet to calculate the ratings. Our tournaments were round robins so I just entered the ratings and players into an input range and then the spreadsheet would do all the calculations and the crosstable could even be published in a newsletter with a copy and paste. We used the old calculation which was (W-L)*16+0.04(Rating Difference up to 350 points in each game) so you always got at least two points for a win.
    I recognize that formula! Back in the '60s to '80s at the Central Y CC/ Toronto CC we had a file card for each player (2 drawers of names = 1,000 players?) And each event (Sat. 5-minute Speed, Wed. 15-min, and Novice (20 min?) entered by the TD after the event or by the Rating Stat. whose only executive task was ratings. I also had a separate rating system for the Sunday Junior tournaments.

Surely it should be easier to maintain a database these days. Is the problem getting the results from the rating calculator back to update the database?

Comment

Working...
    X