X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oakville Winter Open - Feb 2-4, 2018

Originally posted by Alex Ferreira View Post
    Hello,

A big congratulations to the "Elevate My Chess" team in running an excellent tournament:

- 185 players
    - Big Hotel, great playing site, proximity to several food options, skittles spaces, water service, lounge spaces for parents and guests, lots of available free parking
    - GO Train 200 metres away from playing site, for those who don't drive
    - Rounds starting on-time. 5-10 minutes late on a couple of occasions that could not be avoided
    - Two & Three days options, longer time controls for those who prefer it
    - Proper advertising and coverage during the event. Photography, live games, etc...
    - Many volunteers and staff on-site all the time

All of that while taking a chance at a different format of prizes distribution, fees structures, and combining 2 & 3 days options, which are not a common type of tournament in Canada. And... in a weekend tournament! And... as a first time organizers' team on such an ambitious project!

Thanks and Congrats to Gary Hua, Mikhail Egorov, Ken & family, all who ensured a very smooth tournament throughout. Kudos also to the arbiter Danny Goldenberg for making it all look easy. Well done.
    I very much enjoyed playing in the Oakville Winter Open, and can only hope for more.

Alex Ferreira
    Hi Alex,

Thanks for your kind words. It was definitely a lot of hard work and lots of preparation was done to ensure the success. Having said that, IA Danny Goldenberg and Mikhail Egorov made a lot of difference in making the tournament a huge success. Thanks so much to both of them in the operation of the 2.5 days event.

Having said that, we feel that we have a lot to learn and will continue to think of ways to make the tournament a much better one the next time

Cheers for Chess in Canada

Gary Hua

Elevate My Chess Canada
    Last edited by Gary Hua; Wednesday, 7th February, 2018, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X