Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vadim Tsypin
    replied
    The 2019 Canadian Youth champions and medalists.

Leave a comment:

• Vadim Tsypin
    replied
    Originally posted by Graham Sorgard View Post
    it is the Canadian Youth Chess Championship. So I think it really should move around.
    Hear, hear!

I, too, believe that it is very important that young chess players be able to visit all parts of the country and make new friendships with kids from other provinces. The formal mechanism that I suggested to the CFC a while ago is to introduce a mandatory four-year rotation cycle:
    Year Y - the West
    Year (Y+1) - Ontario
    Year (Y+2) - Quebec
    Year (Y+3) - the East,
    with the right of first refusal to be included in the regulations.

Leave a comment:

• Graham Sorgard
    replied
    I realize more players will play if you have it in Ontario and Quebec every year, but it is the Canadian Youth Chess Championship. So I think it really should move around. As a parent from Saskatchewan,with 3 kids playing, it is nice to have a national event in Saskatchewan as chess here is making a resurgence. The organizers are doing a great job and events like this really do help chess grow in other parts of the country.

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Brodie
    replied
    Total player count is 177. Last year in Quebec City there were 365 players. Location, location, location!

Leave a comment:

• John Coleman
    replied
    Thanks, Steve

Leave a comment:

• Steve Douglas
    replied
    Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
    The event starts today. Does anyone know if pairings/results will be on the internet anywhere. It's too much to hope for live games.
    The CYCC website shows event information, but not the pairings/results, as far as I can see. I couldn't find anything on Facebook.
    I emailed the organiser, but received no reply.
    It appears they are posting stuff to Chess-Results.

http://chess-results.com/fed.aspx?lan=1&fed=can

Steve

Leave a comment:

• John Coleman
    started a topic Cycc 2019

Cycc 2019

The event starts today. Does anyone know if pairings/results will be on the internet anywhere. It's too much to hope for live games.
    The CYCC website shows event information, but not the pairings/results, as far as I can see. I couldn't find anything on Facebook.
    I emailed the organiser, but received no reply.
Working...
X