X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

...... it is now being noted .......
    By whom? Links please.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

YESSS!!!

And remember the episode with the one-man street musician?! That's actually Cam Cole, a genuine one-man musician who plays some of the hardest dirty blues one man can play. It's not easy, but you can order his first two CDs from Kansas. They absolutely blow up my car every chance I get. Besides CDs, you can find him on YouTube, great music for a frustrating time in our lives!! ;)
      For anyone who has not seen it, there is no way you can watch it and not be entertained. Highly recommended.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

By whom? Links please.

I thought I had lost the link, but I found it in my browser history:

Coronavirus transmission among vaccinated people could raise the risk of an even more dangerous variant (msn.com)

Comment

Well, I hope you are not suggesting that we abandon vaccines because maybe a new variant will come along and be resistant to the current vaccines!

I much prefer we try to save ourselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

Well, I hope you are not suggesting that we abandon vaccines because maybe a new variant will come along and be resistant to the current vaccines!

I much prefer we try to save ourselves.
            Hey, I'm not suggesting anything, I didn't write the article. But it seems you didn't read it very well, because the point that was being made is that the greatest effort should be to get as many people vaccinated as possible. Apparently the scenario they are talking about needs a large pool of unvaccinateds, that is the part that I didnt' really get, but that is what they are saying.

And the other point they make is that until we do have some very large percentage of people fully vaccinated, we shouldn't be reopening up everything, because the virus gets more chances to move around.

Just down a bit from the top of the article, this is what is written, and I will underline the important parts:

"First, a large portion of a population is vaccinated, but not everyone. Second, there's a lot of virus circulating. And third, no measures are in place to curb potential viral transmission from vaccinated people. Sound familiar?"

Vaccinated people are now going out without masks, not doing social distancing, etc. They are helping to create the next strain that will resist the vaccines.

It could be (if this is all correct) that we in the freedom-loving West are doomed because we can't do what is necessary. We are too individual, we care more about ourselves than about society at large. Time will tell.

Nowhere does the article suggest or even mention abandoning vaccines. Where you got that i don't know.

Comment

Nowhere does the article suggest or even mention abandoning vaccines. Where you got that i don't know.
              I am delighted you are in support of vaccines. There appears to be a narrative forming in some right wing circles that not only do vaccine not work, but that they are making things worse. I fear the emphasis on "everyone" plays into that argument. You don't see that possibility?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                The good news is there are only 15 more letters in the alphabet.
                Even better news, the Greek alphabet has only 24 letters!!

Comment

Everyone who is fully vaccinated is getting comfortable because even though they can GET covid, if they do then it is very likely they will only suffer mild symptoms. But the failure of the vaccines to actually PREVENT infection with the virus is possibly going to cost us long term, because it is now being noted that it is the many vaccinated who are carrying the virus around in their system who are likely to bring on the more deadly and infectious new mutated strains that will resist the vaccines.
                  after posting here, I realized all my points had been better covered by others already
                  Last edited by Aris Marghetis; Friday, 6th August, 2021, 08:34 PM.

Comment

I am delighted you are in support of vaccines. There appears to be a narrative forming in some right wing circles that not only do vaccine not work, but that they are making things worse. I fear the emphasis on "everyone" plays into that argument. You don't see that possibility?
                    Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                    There appears to be a narrative forming in some right wing circles that not only do vaccine not work, but that they are making things worse
                    No, that is a "narrative" among the medical and scientific community, not "left" or "right".

A question was asked here about international Adverse Event Reports given the sugar coating the CDC report asserting that only 3 deaths could be attributed to the Vax although 40% of deaths occurred within three days of administration of the vax in otherwise healthy people who suddenly died from very rare conditions for their cohort that are typical of the side effects one would expect from a cytotoxic spike protein that the Mrna or Dna in the case of AZ or J&J vax codes for as a way to induce antibodies.

So let me share with you this report from the Euro adverse Events reporting database.

VACCINE STATS
                    • 12284 deaths
                    • 775789 AE Reports of which 46% SEVERE
                    • 1960607 AE of which 49,4% SEVERE
                    Vaccine # Vaxxed * # AE Reports # SAE Reports % AE/ # Vaxxed # Deaths % Deaths / # Vaxxed # Deaths
                    < 65
                    % Deaths
                    < 65
                    x Deadlier flu vaccine **
                    Pfizer 188847787 324749 127932 0,17% 6015 0,003% 754 12,5% 31,9
                    Moderna 25048760 84521 42423 0,34% 3118 0,012% 686 22,0% 124,5
                    AstraZeneca 37372255 346622 179407 0,93% 2838 0,008% 1028 36,2% 75,9
                    Janssen (J&J) 10895444 19897 6002 0,18% 313 0,003% 157 50,2% 28,7
                    262164246 775789 355764 0,296% 12284 0,005% 2625 21,37% 46,9
                    * 262,2M people received at least 1 dose; assume equal distribution among the 3 vaccines (Janssen requires only 1 dose)
                    ** About 1 in 1M die after flu vaccination
                    As you can see although 12,284 deaths out of 262,000,000 vaxed is a low percentage but far worst than any vaccine in history of reporting where one would expect only 262 deaths were reported to this system with flu vaccinations. Noteworthy is 21% of deaths is under 65 and this percentage is increasing.

Even more horrifying close to 400,000 of the 775789 adverse events is severe ie hospitalization, paralysis, permanent damage to the cardiovascular system, neurological deficits, etc.

That being said as I have said all along no long-term data exists that is normally required for a vaccine to be approved administered widespread. This is still an experimental injection and it is against international law to coerce people into getting this treatment.

Here is an interesting report by ex NY Times reporter Alex Berenson on adverse events with the Moderna vaccine

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/...tm_source=copy

Let me show you the results I did for vaccine deaths within 28 days of administration in Scotland.

here is the link that Public Health Scotland offers to the spreadsheet with the data of all deaths in the last 6 months within a month of getting vaxxed.
                    https://publichealthscotland.scot/pu...-23-june-2021/

I took the liberty of summing the data for each of the vaccines and came up with 1877 Pfizer vaccinations +3843 Astra Zenica vaccine+2 Moderna Vaccine for a total of 5522 deaths occurring within 28 days of the vaccine administration. This is an astronomical number for a population of only 5.5 million people.

​​​​​
                    A few "back of the napkin" calculations," 54% percent of the population is vaccinated 62,500 deaths from all causes in 2020, so over 6 months
                    you would expect approximately 15625 deaths from all causes among the vaccinated group. The chances are 1 in 6 that among the deaths are those vaccinated within that month you would get a total of 2604 deaths. So taking out the background deaths (2604) excess deaths within this group appear to be 5522-2604= 2918 deaths that might be related to the vaccine.
                    https://www.gov.scot/publications/foi-202000128465/

No vaccine in history has had internationally such huge numbers of serious adverse events or deaths occurring within days of administration. If we extrapolate Soctlands numbers to the US we could expect upwards of 210,000 deaths.

A CDC whistleblower has recently stepped forward and in a lawsuit filed in Alabama under criminal penalty of perjury reported that the Medicaid server alone that reports vaccine-related deaths shows 45000 deaths. Allegedly the CDC has not disclosed these numbers. The whistleblower also reported there are eleven reporting servers from various institutions into the CDC and he has only analyzed the Medicaid server so far with the 45000 deaths. It is very possible that the US death tally will be similar to numbers in Europe and Scotland when properly reported.

https://renz-law.com/45k-whistleblower-suit

So clearly the vaccine has serious safety issues and no long-term data, hence, it is not yet approved.

Earlier I substantiated with both Israel and UK results that the vaccine no longer has efficacy against the delta variant. A variant that by the way is now over 80% of the viruses that are out there
                    So the vaccines that were designed for a virus from 16 months ago are of no use because they induce an antibody against a spike protein that is now different. That is why the Vax does not stop infection or transmission and in fact, does not induce sn antibody that stops the variant. In short, the vax is rapidly approaching zero efficacy as the original virus disappears entirely that the vax was made for and is replaced by the variants.
                    By the way, a "booster shot" will not work if it is still the same vaccine. Here is an analysis of the US results in the State of Massachusetts 74% of fully vaccinated people infected, I would say this vaccine is now quite dead and useless.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-...accinated.html

And that is why the article in the Atlantic is rubbish written by someone who is scientifically ignorant and very politically biased.

As many have said since the beginning therapeutics that have efficacy against a wide variety of variants are the way to go.

https://www.jpost.com/health-science...er-1day-675612

So now if you want to risk your health with vaccines now that you have the data and if it does not work out and you want to shun proven therapeutics that work, it is on you.

Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Friday, 6th August, 2021, 10:32 PM.

Comment

I had expected you to apologize for not correctly reading the article, and instead you make some point about right wing circles and then ask me about emphasis on "everyone".... I really don't know what you are up to, but it's not good and it's not too smart.

I'm not part of any right wing circle. I don't think that article was part of any right wing circle. Emphasis on "everyone" -- what are you getting at?

You seem like a good guy, so I'm not going to press this any further. I understand you are leery of right wing circles, we all are after Trump! Just try and understand that we are still in a very precarious position. Sid is making some good points, even if he goes a lot overboard. His latest point is that the vaccines were made for an earlier strain and are already becoming not very effective against the new strains. That's possibly a very valid point. Things are very much in flux. That means things are changing very quickly, and these new strains and the overall mutation rate of this virus is continuing to surprise even the experts. We have to consider that things can still change for the worse, and so we need to be vigilant and still very restrictive in our activities (unfortunately).

There's another thread here about opening up chess clubs... no, it is too soon. "Everyone" (except Sam Sharpe, lol!) needs to stop getting so comfortable that things are returning to normal. That is dangerous thinking. Just my 2 cents.... which by the way, we can't get 2 cents change any more in Canada LOL

Comment

I had expected you to apologize for not correctly reading the article, and instead you make some point about right wing circles and then ask me about emphasis on "everyone".... I really don't know what you are up to, but it's not good and it's not too smart.

I'm not part of any right wing circle. I don't think that article was part of any right wing circle. Emphasis on "everyone" -- what are you getting at?

You seem like a good guy, so I'm not going to press this any further. I understand you are leery of right wing circles, we all are after Trump! Just try and understand that we are still in a very precarious position. Sid is making some good points, even if he goes a lot overboard. His latest point is that the vaccines were made for an earlier strain and are already becoming not very effective against the new strains. That's possibly a very valid point. Things are very much in flux. That means things are changing very quickly, and these new strains and the overall mutation rate of this virus is continuing to surprise even the experts. We have to consider that things can still change for the worse, and so we need to be vigilant and still very restrictive in our activities (unfortunately).

There's another thread here about opening up chess clubs... no, it is too soon. "Everyone" (except Sam Sharpe, lol!) needs to stop getting so comfortable that things are returning to normal. That is dangerous thinking. Just my 2 cents.... which by the way, we can't get 2 cents change any more in Canada LOL

Pargat, I find your statements about not re-opening too much too soon to be quite insightful. Whether things get worse because of the anti-vaxx unvaccinated, and/or the ability of the delta variant to replicate through the vaccinated, and/or future worse variants from countries unfortunately struggling to vaccinate enough, and so on and so on ... I agree that humanity is still very much in danger (I think that's what you're warning). In a previous post I wrote I feel like I'm walking on a frozen lake in March, that it could break through at any moment. So yes, I fully agree that, until this thing is genuinely beat down, that we all need to be vigilant and self-restrictive. That probably doesn't sit well with everyone, but it is what it is, with 4.29 million lost souls and counting.

Regarding restarting OTB, that would entail being indoors for hours in a row, right across from someone else, kinda breathing the same air. I guess I just don't see how that's the right move yet.

P.S. I also think Bob is a good guy, and yeah, many of us are very leery of deliberate faking of info, etc.
                        Last edited by Aris Marghetis; Saturday, 7th August, 2021, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

Pargat, I find your statements about not re-opening too much too soon to be quite insightful. Whether things get worse because of the anti-vaxx unvaccinated, and/or the ability of the delta variant to replicate through the vaccinated, and/or future worse variants from countries unfortunately struggling to vaccinate enough, and so on and so on ... I agree that humanity is still very much in danger (I think that's what you're warning). In a previous post I wrote I feel I'm walking on a frozen lake in March, that it could break through at any moment. So yes, I fully agree that, until this thing is genuinely beat down, that we all need to be vigilant and self-restrictive. That probably doesn't sit well with everyone, but it is what it is, with 4.29 million lost souls and counting.

Regarding restarting OTB, that would entail being indoors for hours in a row, right across from someone else, kinda breathing the same air. I guess I just don't see how that's the right move yet.

P.S. I also think Bob is a good guy, and yeah, many of us are very leery of deliberate faking of info, etc.
                          Being concerned about a rushed, experimental, still under EUA, "vaccine", with many reported side effects does not make me an anti-vaxxer. That term is a slur, pushed by the media and pharmaceutical interests in order to coerce compliance with their $$ agenda.

The notion that the unvaxxed have anything to do with the problems of the vaxxed is absurd. CDC study shows 74% of people infected in the Massachusetts Covid outbreak were fully vaccinated. This was predicted by me and many others last year - as the vaccines were NOT shown to reduce transmission between people in the trials.

The good news is that the delta variant is much milder than the original Sarscov2 with a far lower IFR. This also was predicted by me and many others. The risk of someone healthy and under 70 succumbing to the delta variant that by the way has now almost replaced the original virus entirely is slim to none. (99,997%).

In the USA we have 30,000,000 recorded as recovered by COVID and it is estimated that over 100,000,000 have had COVID and recovered from it totally unaware that they had it therefore not recorded. All of these people have natural immunity with long-lasting TCell immunity against a very wide range of variants and mRNA viruses. To insist that someone that tests positive for Tcell immunity gets vaccinated is ridiculous. ZERO benefits and all risks to ruining their naturally acquired immunity.
                          Natural immunity is far better than experimental "vaccine" induced immunity that only works against a virus that for the most part no longer exists as it has been replaced by variants.

By the way, your so-called "fact-checker" that alleged Dr. Malone did not invent the M-Rna vaccine itself is now being sued for libel by Dr. Malone. Here is the patent awarded to Dr. Malone in 1997 for M-RNA vaccines.
                          https://patents.justia.com/patent/6110898

Yes, the 4.29 million souls you refer to died of NOT being treated. Here is the therapy they were denied and in Canada and the US and continue being denied that many including myself have been talking about for over a year.
                          https://www.jpost.com/health-science...er-1day-675612

Yes, this treatment continues to be banned in Canada and is difficult to find in the US. Many of the Vaxxed cases are far more severe than the unvaxxed cases as they are suffering from ADE. A fully vaxxed colleague of mine from California came down with severe ADE a few days ago and I was able to put him in touch with Dr. Fareed from our c19 forum who got him Ivermectin in combo with other drugs and he is now much better being rescued from a very likely lethal outcome.
                          He is a lucky one, imagine the millions that will now die from ADE untreated that do not have connections to Dr's that have the courage to follow the Hippocratic oath.

https://www.thedesertreview.com/opin...07d6ebc1a.html

By the way, the "standard of care" in Canada and the US is toxic useless Remdeseivr prompted by pharma company Gilead corrupted medical govt bureaucrats. How many do you think died from Remdesevir poisoning.?
                          https://science.sciencemag.org/content/370/6517/642
                          Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Saturday, 7th August, 2021, 10:46 AM.

Comment

I had expected you to apologize....
                            You expected an apology? I would remind you this is chesstalk! LOL
                            Nevertheless, I intended no insult, so if that was the result, I am sorry.

But to risk flogging a dead horse, my concern is a backlash if the case for vaccine is overzealous. Latest forecasts are herd immunity with 80-85% vaccination rates?
                            Insisting on 100% vaccination rates ("everyone") may cause more harm than necessary?

Comment

You expected an apology? I would remind you this is chesstalk! LOL
                              Nevertheless, I intended no insult, so if that was the result, I am sorry.

But to risk flogging a dead horse, my concern is a backlash if the case for vaccine is overzealous. Latest forecasts are herd immunity with 80-85% vaccination rates?
                              Insisting on 100% vaccination rates ("everyone") may cause more harm than necessary?

Ok, so that's what you meant in your previous post about "everyone", I failed to pick up on that.

I have not heard this line of argument before, and it is interesting. I haven't heard any pro-vaccine expert say "let's not be overzealous about vaccination". So what would it mean if we did actually have 100% vaccination, even young children? Does that hurt the chances for herd immunity? I'd be interested to see some experts mentioning that.

I see Sid is saying that "natural" immunity -- from being unvaccinated, getting covid, and fully recovering -- is better than immunity through vaccination. Perhaps this is what you are getting at, but that would mean you are agreeing with Sid and I don't see that happening LOL. But anyway, we already do have quite a large pool of people with natural immunity, or supposed natural immunity I should say.

Comment

... immunity through vaccination.

...plus life long booster shots.

Comment

Working...
                                X