COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

Fall of 1969 when I last took a course in logic, but, isn't the above called a reductio ad absurdum? Here's a silly-ass answer for your silly-ass question: *of course* it would be a pandemic of the unvaccinated - half of the world's population of unvaccinated people is in hospital with covid!
    Perfect answer! Thanks Peter.
    and thanks to all our fact checkers.

Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Saturday, 5th February, 2022, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 8.17.45 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	535.7 KB ID:	217987
      Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

Perfect answer! Thanks Peter.
      and thanks to all our fact checkers.

Hey Bob, please ask your "fact checkers" to fact check the actual content of the article that "gasp" was published The Gateway Pundit.
      https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...n-people-week/
      Here is how I "fact check" articles. I look at the source of their facts!

The first thing they do is show a graph of deaths going through the roof in Israel after the roll out of the fourth booster shot. Here is the link to the actual data
      https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus
      I reproduced the same graph and even added Canada for good measure. So common Bob, you better rush to your "fact checkers" and debunk this ASAP!

Here is where the "fact checked" media confirms that Israel was about to roll out the fourth dose and indeed did.

https://news.yahoo.com/expert-panel-...132725941.html

Here is more "fact checked" media confirming that Isreal has administered at least 17,879,314 doses of COVID vaccines so far. Assuming every person needs 2 doses, that’s enough to have vaccinated about 98.7% of the country’s population.
      https://graphics.reuters.com/world-c...tories/israel/

Israel now has the highest COVID number of COVID deaths per one million people in the world.

COMMON ALL YOU BRILLIANT FACT CHECKERS REFUTE IT!!!!!!! HOW BRILLIANT, YOU DON'T LIKE THE POLITICS OF THE PUBLICATION THAT SHOWS VACCINES DID MORE HARM THAN GOOD IN THE WORLD'S MOST VACCINATED COUNTRY SO YOU RUSH OUT AND IGNORE THE FACTS AND MAKE PFIZER ET AL EVEN RICHER BY INJECTING THEIR POISON. I THOUGHT CHESS IS SUPPOSED TO TRAIN YOU TO THINK!

Lets look at this next article and check their facts via looking at the content of the article and not shooting the messenger.

https://newspunch.com/smoking-gun-mo...uence-in-2018/

Here is the actual article that "newspunch" refers to.

https://arkmedic.substack.com/p/how-...y-to-the-truth

The author of this article uses this "fact checked" genome database put out by the US govt that shows that the unique sequences of the SARSCOV2 contrary to the narrative in the "fact checked" media is not recorded in nature and in fact corresponds with patented sequences done several years prior to the sarscov2 scamdemic by none other than one of the worlds largest COVID vaccine manufacturers, Moderna.

https://blast.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Blast...ST_PAGE=blastn

By the way one of your posters here back on page 179-180 of this thread already tried to refute this but manages in fact to reproduce the results the author of the article claimed. At least he attacked the content of the article although even he initially cited an article that was mostly an ad hominem attack on the author.

As for Peters "perfect answer", as you can see Israel has almost achieved "reductio ad absurdum" and truly do have a pandemic of the vaccinated.

WAKE UP BOB!!!!! I want you and everyone here to be around for a long time, I enjoy the discussions!
      Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Saturday, 5th February, 2022, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

WAKE UP BOB!!!!! I want you and everyone here to be around for a long time, I enjoy the discussions!
        I am just relieved the pandemic appears to be ending. I think most of us are mentally exhausted thinking about it.
        It was nice change going out for dinner last night, then off to the chess club. Normal again almost, except for the masks.

It is very unfortunate that the pandemic got so political. It should have been treated as a health issue alone.
        But we live in a complex world. If I was a young PHD student in Statistics / Medicine, I would choose how the world dealt with COVID as my doctoral thesis.

I think it will take years of analysis to truly understand it all. Lots of books to read about it in the coming years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

I am just relieved the pandemic appears to be ending. I think most of us are mentally exhausted thinking about it.
          It was nice change going out for dinner last night, then off to the chess club. Normal again almost, except for the masks.

It is very unfortunate that the pandemic got so political. It should have been treated as a health issue alone.
          But we live in a complex world. If I was a young PHD student in Statistics / Medicine, I would choose how the world dealt with COVID as my doctoral thesis.

I think it will take years of analysis to truly understand it all. Lots of books to read about it in the coming years.
          We Failed’: Danish Newspaper Apologizes For Its COVID Coverage

This is from one of Denmark's largest Newspapers, number 9 website in Denmark.

https://fee.org/articles/we-failed-d...ovid-coverage/
          Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Saturday, 5th February, 2022, 02:12 PM.

Comment

This is from Denmark's largest Newspaper.
            Do you search "facts" in The Sun for your references too? Let us know when Bild will issue an apology.

Comment

• Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

Do you search "facts" in The Sun for your references too? Let us know when Bild will issue an apology.
              Correction "One of Denmark's largest Newspapers."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekstra_Bladet

In January 2012, the paper's website had an Alexa Internet global rank of #2061 and a rank of #5 in Denmark.[21] As of July 2018, the site held ranks of #3359 globally and #9 in Denmark.[22]
              Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Saturday, 5th February, 2022, 02:11 PM.

Comment

We Failed’: Danish Newspaper Apologizes For Its COVID Coverage

This is from Denmark's largest Newspaper.

https://fee.org/articles/we-failed-d...ovid-coverage/
                The paper you referred to is Ekstrabladet and, yes, I saw your correction that it is 'one' of Denmark's largest papers. It is also a tabloid but, in line with your frequent message/messenger comments, tabloidism doesn't void this article's message. Since spring 2020 I have frequently had the feeling that the mainstream media has been doing an incomplete job, sloppy even, of covering the pandemic. I tend to be cynical and skeptical so it seemed intuitively correct that large, supposedly high-integrity media orgs might not always be on the high road; might not always be reliable. And yet where was one to turn for the truth? The basic choice seemed to be mainstream versus scumstream. Add to this the various questions that have arisen regarding the reliability of government-reported covid data and you have a mess. How does one decide what's true and what isn't? I wish now that I'd kept a little notebook recording mainstream media inconsistencies, gaps, etc. Like Bob G. said, it's going to take years, decades, to sort this crap out.
                "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

Ευχαριστώ πολύ Aris!!
                  Neil, that joke out of left field made me laugh out loud, thanks!!

Comment

The paper you referred to is Ekstrabladet and, yes, I saw your correction that it is 'one' of Denmark's largest papers. It is also a tabloid but, in line with your frequent message/messenger comments, tabloidism doesn't void this article's message. Since spring 2020 I have frequently had the feeling that the mainstream media has been doing an incomplete job, sloppy even, of covering the pandemic. I tend to be cynical and skeptical so it seemed intuitively correct that large, supposedly high-integrity media orgs might not always be on the high road; might not always be reliable. And yet where was one to turn for the truth? The basic choice seemed to be mainstream versus scumstream. Add to this the various questions that have arisen regarding the reliability of government-reported covid data and you have a mess. How does one decide what's true and what isn't? I wish now that I'd kept a little notebook recording mainstream media inconsistencies, gaps, etc. Like Bob G. said, it's going to take years, decades, to sort this crap out.
                    Well said Peter. I think many would agree regarding reporting imperfectness. But in the face of sloppy-incomplete vs. conspiracy-outlandish, of real math vs. shell games, I also choose the former.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

Well said Peter. I think many would agree regarding reporting imperfectness. But in the face of sloppy-incomplete vs. conspiracy-outlandish, of real math vs. shell games, I also choose the former.
                      Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
                      math vs. shell games

Please be specific.

Comment

• https://jewishjournal.com/cover_stor...-therapeutics/

Comment

• Excellent article. Thanks, Sid.
                          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Excellent article. Thanks, Sid.
                            Frankly, I disagree with quite a few statements in the article about the vaccine's efficacy and that majority of cases/hospitalizations are unvaccinated, however, the overall theme of suppressing therapeutics is very valid and the suppression of therapeutics to ensure all roads lead to vaccines is valid. The reality is these therapeutics already exist and "operation warp speed" was not necessary. Operation anticensorship of science was and is sorely needed.
                            Probably the most disturbing fact for me is that of all the COViD task forces in the Western World and their assemblage of so-called heavily conflicted "experts" not one task force ever had Dr's or clinicians that successfully have treated many high risk, COVID+ patients, even though many exist.
                            Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Monday, 7th February, 2022, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• From the article "According to a prominent epidemiologist I spoke to, Pfizer had Paxlovid sitting on the shelf for years."

It was only synthesized in 2020...

"Why didn’t Pfizer bring Paxlovid to market in 2020 and why didn’t our task forces push them to do so?"

Human trials only in 2021...

Side-effects - who cares, skip...

Industrial scale manufacturing - every mom can cook it and spice with ritonavir.

Comment

• To our mathematicians: https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...-why-1.5770226
                                Most COVID-19 hospitalizations in provinces are among the vaccinated: Here's why

Some conclusions:

"By getting vaccinated, Conway said, this further reduces community transmission of the virus. The virus primarily circulates among unvaccinated people in an uncontrolled manner, he said. From there, it can spread to the small proportion of vaccinated individuals who are more susceptible to infection and hospitalization because of age, comorbid conditions, and pre-existing issues with the immune system, he said.

“The reason community-based transmission is staying so high is because the pool of unvaccinated individuals is also remaining stubbornly high,” said Conway. “If we reduce the number of unvaccinated individuals, we will reduce the ability of the virus to spread and we will reduce infections and hospitalizations.

“This is not a sign that vaccines don't work – it's a sign that we aren't yet vaccinating fast enough.”

imho, the death statistics amongst vaxx and unvaxxed would shed more light into it. We see dead numbers regularly, however they are not categorized. (unless hidden deep in the tables) While we see ICU and hosp. numbers decreasing it is not clear the mechanism - treated or passed away.

Comment

Working...
                                X