COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brazil 4 million cases, just ahead of India who should pass them soon. Mexico just passed 600,000.

Comment

• Brazil, India and USA combined have more than half the world's cases.

Comment

• Nancy Pelosi the latest clown world politician.
        "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
          Nancy Pelosi the latest clown world politician.
          Yes, I found this to be absolutely hilarious. She confesses to being "set up" but not to her abject hypocrisy. I other words, I made no mistake by being a total hypocrite, my only mistake was trusting my accomplice in the crime not to reveal my hypocrisy to the general public and keep it to himself so that I would keep spending a lot of money on my vanity in his establishment.

Comment

• Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1301297127780478981

This is Nancy Pelosi’s district.

Nancy Pelosi has been in office for over 30 years!

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
              Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this.

This is Nancy Pelosi’s district.

Nancy Pelosi has been in office for over 30 years!
              If you're trying to make a point, Neil, you've fallen short imo because you didn't provide any context. The video might cover a city in Pelosi's district but it could have been taken in almost any large American city (some Canadian cities, too), including cities that are represented federally by Republicans. State and local governments also have a hand in dealing with the issues pertaining to poverty; it's not just the federal representative's 'fault'. Did you try to find Pelosi's voting record on issues relating to poverty and marginalized people in general, or do you think that a short video sponsored by Republicans says everything there is to say about Pelosi's career?
              "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
              "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
              "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

If you're trying to make a point, Neil, you've fallen short imo because you didn't provide any context. The video might cover a city in Pelosi's district

Might???

That clip was shot along Hyde St., also along Leavenworth St. etc..

Those streets are located in California's 12th Congressional District ... Representative: Nancy Pelosi.

Sad.

We will soon see if Trump pulls federal funding from disastrously run Democratic cities.

Comment

We will soon see if Trump pulls federal funding from disastrously run Democratic cities.
                  Name some large American cities run by Republicans which have no poverty-related problems.

p.s. You didn't answer my question:

Did you try to find Pelosi's voting record on issues relating to poverty and marginalized people in general, or do you think that a short video sponsored by Republicans says everything there is to say about Pelosi's career?
                  Last edited by Peter McKillop; Thursday, 3rd September, 2020, 08:14 PM.
                  "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                  "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Might???

That clip was shot along Hyde St., also along Leavenworth St. etc..

Those streets are located in California's 12th Congressional District ... Representative: Nancy Pelosi.

Sad.

The people that this stuff actually works on is quite telling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post

The people that this stuff actually works on is quite telling.

These are Nancy Pelosi's people ... you know ... the ones she cares so much about???

These are her streets of frustration, anger, sorrow, suffering & pain.

Sorry Lucas ...this isn't Netflix.

Comment

These are Nancy Pelosi's people ... you know ... the ones she cares so much about???

These are her streets of frustration, anger, sorrow, suffering & pain.

Sorry Lucas ...this isn't Netflix.
                        Even if you look at the upper range of the margin of error, Pelosi's district is below average in poverty compared to the rest of California, and well below average compared to the rest of the United States: https://censusreporter.org/profiles/...istrict-12-ca/

Homelessness was prevalent in San Francisco well before she took office: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homele...re%20programs.

Poverty increased significantly more in Republican districts compared to Democrat districts from 2000 to 2010-2014: https://nlihc.org/resource/fact-week...onal-districts

By Tulsi Gabbard's own admission, homelessness increased by close to 20% in the past 5 years in Hawaii while she's been a representative, and it now has the highest per capita rate of homelessness in the country: https://gabbard.house.gov/housing

You said that you supported her for president, but you criticize Pelosi based on a video that provides zero data, but instead shows some poor and homeless people while sad music plays. Did you maybe think to consider stuff like: what policies has Pelosi supported or not supported that have actually affected poverty in her district? How does poverty in her district compare to others? What are the major factors that have contributed to this poverty? Is this video actually representative of a significant part of her district, or did they just cherry pick the absolute worst parts? Is a Twitter account called "Students for Trump" an unbiased source, or should I maybe try to do a little research before I post this dumb Republican propaganda?

Comment

• America has a fantastically serious problem. George Washington owned slaves, so did Thomas Jefferson. The country has been nuts from the beginning. But now all of the problems that have ever existed in America are either Trump's fault or Biden's, depending upon which side of the radical polarization you ask. A house divided against itself will not stand. America is imploding and there is no stopping it now. It will cease to be a "democracy" very soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
                            America has a fantastically serious problem. George Washington owned slaves, so did Thomas Jefferson. The country has been nuts from the beginning. But now all of the problems that have ever existed in America are either Trump's fault or Biden's, depending upon which side of the radical polarization you ask. A house divided against itself will not stand. America is imploding and there is no stopping it now. It will cease to be a "democracy" very soon.
                            I agree. And from a prosperity perspective, with roughly 3/4 of the world's population living in areas (Asia & Africa) which are likely to be less and less interested in kowtowing to the U.S., and with no giant economic freebie boons on the horizon (like slavery and the theft of indigenous lands and resources), the U.S. may be in for a long slow decline in prosperity. And if America can elect a Trump once, they can do it again (and again....). And now the world should be thinking about the military might of an authoritarian America.

p.s. The next "Trump" America elects may not be a dangerous buffoon. He or she may simply be dangerous.
                            Last edited by Peter McKillop; Friday, 4th September, 2020, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• France has reached 300,000 cases, maybe less worrisome than Spain on the verge of 500,000.

Comment

• California, Florida and Texas have case numbers that would put them amongst the top 5 countries in the world!

Comment

Working...
                                X