COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Francis, Duane Allman is my single favourite musician in history and his music is my greatest inspiration in life. Stay safe! I am also listening to lots of John Coltrane, as usual. The late chess player, IM Michael Schleifer spent dozens of tournament weekends with me over the years and always requested...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWG2dsXV5HI

What are others listening to?

Comment

Currently working on some graphics for our free giveaways! >>> Isolani COVID-19 tees & masks ...whilst groovin' to the vibes of house music master ... Moodyman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KrFelB-0Hw

Thanks Tom O'Donnell for Isolani concept :))))

Comment

Streetwear face mask industry is booming :)

Grailed brand director Lawrence Schlossman. “It’s funny how now that this is top of mind for a global population, this is the one thing the global streetwear community was ahead of the curve on.”

https://www.gq.com/story/streetwear-...sk-coronavirus

Comment

COVID-19 chess game!?

Opening: Social Distance

1.Nf3 Nc6
          2.Ng1 Nb8

1/2-1/2

:))))

Comment

Just signed up to Lichess dot org and I figure since I'm Canada's strongest CFC Class C player (haha!) I can sac my light squared B on move 3 to just about anyone.

So I do :))))

Here's one for your viewing pleasure...I'm chessfool_13

https://lichess.org/n4FmCRoS/white#1

:))))

Share a game.

Comment

Make your own face mask / covering :))))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPx1...ature=emb_logo

...from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post
                Now up to 39.

Comment

Holy crap. I just realized that the US passed France in the last couple of days, regarding number of deaths. And if today is as bad as yesterday's 2000 deaths, they'll also pass Spain. Brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post

Now up to 39.
                    Yikes. Thanks Erik. It isn't me. Just getting cabin fever.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
                      Holy crap. I just realized that the US passed France in the last couple of days, regarding number of deaths. And if today is as bad as yesterday's 2000 deaths, they'll also pass Spain. Brutal.
                      USA is going to easily grab that #1 spot in all categories. It must be that "stable genius" thing.

I have been watching closely the Ontario numbers. I give Ontario government credit for coming out on Friday and giving projections. Doug Ford gave the deer in the headlights performance but he does appear to be sincere and scared. Has everyone absorbed the Ontario projections yet? I am interested to hear opinions.

Specifically they predicted the following for Ontario

Total deaths ( 18 months to 2 years) - 3,000 to 15,000 deaths

Predictions to end of April with current actions - 1,600 deaths.
                      Every afternoon, a couple of doctors come out and give the daily numbers.

Comment

Daily numbers for Ontario - Monday April 6

Cases - 4,347
                        Deaths - 132
                        Recovered - 1,624
                        Hospitalized - 589
                        In ICU - 216
                        In ICU on ventilators - 160

Daily numbers for Tuesday April 7

Cases - 4,726
                        Deaths - 153
                        Recovered - 1,802
                        Hospitalized - 614
                        In ICU - 233
                        In ICU on ventilators - 187

Are we seeing the numbers starting to plateau? Are we flattening the curve?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

USA is going to easily grab that #1 spot in all categories. It must be that "stable genius" thing. ...
                          Nope. Now it's WHO's fault. Apparently he's running out of Americans to blame. But hey, look at the economy!. ; )
                          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

Nope. Now it's WHO's fault. Apparently he's running out of Americans to blame. But hey, look at the economy!. ; )
                            If Hillary had won and implemented all of the Democrat policies this current economy would not be very much different from the economy that she would have created. Ditto for Bernie and Joe.

The WHO does bear responsibility for spreading the lie that the virus was not transmissible from person to person. There's lots of blame to go around but now is not the time to be assessing blame while the situation is ongoing. The bad thing from your point of view is that Trump is going to win the election for sure now.

Comment

I don't blame WHO. They are a propaganda arm of the real culprits, the Chinese government.
                              "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

I blame mankind. We have disrespected our planet, now it is disrespecting us. We are all in a fight for our lives. The last time something like this took place was about 100 years ago, the Spanish Flu. It took three years to go away, and the second wave was far more lethal than the first. This is just getting started, all of us need to wake up and smell the coffee, before it is too late. We are all in this together.

Comment

Working...
                                X