• Show
Clear All

Tom Waits - Chocolate Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wfa...ature=youtu.be

Happy Easter :))))

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
      Okay then. Back to some numbers.

Canada released some projections this morning.
      Most interesting are their 1 week forecasts.

Forecasted for April 16

Confirmed cases - 22,580 to 31,850
      Deaths - 500 to 700

These numbers translate to about a 6.5% daily increase from now thill then.
      I will be interesting tracking this vs the daily updates.

Nevertheless, credit to Health Canada for the transparency.
      Canada - The death toll today stands at 717. Surpassing the projection for April 16 of 500 - 700.
      Total confirmed cases today is 24,383 remains in range for April 16 of 22,580 - 31,850.
      So, that's not so good. It appears Quebec is faring much worst than expected.

Meanwhile, Ontario seems to be on target or better.
      New confirmed cases for last 5 days: 550, 483, 478, 411, 401.
      The curve is being flattened out. The death toll stands at 274. Hopefully that will come in lower than the projected April 30 target of 1,600.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

Your sentence is not right too. Rats can get rabies. However, the transmission to human from them is almost unheard as infected rats don't survive very long.
        Rats can get rabies if injected with the rabies virus in a Wuhan lab. Rabies is a disease which is largely limited to large or medium sized mammals.

People can die by tying helium balloons to a lawn chair with a BB gun to shoot the balloon and then rising up high into the sky when they cut the anchor line. When this happened the person who undertook this adventure survived because the local air force sent a fighter jet to investigate an airliner crew's report of a man with a gun in jet airliner travel lanes. Apparently the jet fighters sent a helicopter to rescue the individual who hopefully learned his lesson.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH0Wwl0A7QY

Comment

Now over 2 million cases world wide. US has 600,000+ and New York state 200,000+ (more than any other country)

Comment

The good news is no country has reached 1% of population infected (except for San Marino which is tiny and has only about 30,000 in population)

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                The good news is no country has reached 1% of population infected (except for San Marino which is tiny and has only about 30,000 in population)
                It seems that most experts believe that actual infection rates are already much higher than that, but due to testing lagging, we can't be sure. On the other hand, I believe we should almost be HOPING that infection rates are already higher, because within 2-3 years, especially given no pre-existing natural immunity, it's estimated that 60%-70% of people will eventually be infected.

So the more that are already infected would actually bode better for the eventual increase in deaths ...

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't consider your statement to be good news, so hoping 1% is wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
                  That's thirty seconds I will never get back. Things once seen can never be unseen.

Comment

I am on my 14th book since the shelter at home started. I am on book two of a free books for reviews service. The first book was on Stoicism. The second book is a not very good one on neurolinguistic programming. Lifetime I have read about thirty books on the topic of NLP but this one seems to be the worst one I have ever read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

That's thirty seconds I will never get back. Things once seen can never be unseen.
                      On the one hand I agree, but I couldn't stop watching, some of the scene ideas were addictive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
                        At first I didn't like this video because they were wasting food. Then I realized they were wasting McDonald's "food" and I didn't feel bad anymore. They may have saved a few lives by tossing the fries and burgers on the floor. Could have saved even more lives by filming this in a Popeyes.
                        "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post

At first I didn't like this video because they were wasting food. Then I realized they were wasting McDonald's "food" and I didn't feel bad anymore. They may have saved a few lives by tossing the fries and burgers on the floor. Could have saved even more lives by filming this in a Popeyes.
                          lol - agreed.
                          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

• Develop your pieces? Soooo old fashion, HA!

Here's another gem from my - Sac the B on move 3 - series:

https://lichess.org/ocn3eQBX/white#1

Share a game!

:))))

Comment

• So the Worldometer site seems to have changed some denominators, and one effect of that is that the U.S. is now firmly in 13th place in numbers of deaths per million people of population. It's now sitting at 99, and if you exclude the 4 tiny countries in the top 12, the 8 countries worse than the U.S. for deaths per million are (in worsening order): Sweden(132), Switzerland(147), Netherlands(193), U.K.(202), France(263), Italy(358), Spain(409), Belgium(419). Canada is at 28, and has been regularly tracking at about 2/7 of the U.S. numbers.

Comment

• I think the China covid numbers are as fake as adjusted temperature numbers used to support climate change. Fox News scoop that the virus originated in the Wuhan lab and not the wet market which was not selling the type of bats which the virus originated in is now also being reported on CNN after many weeks of saying such reports were racist. President Trump did not confirm or deny the reports at yesterday's news conference. He declined to comment which felt very much like a confirmation. It is news that is leaking from many sources.

Comment

Working...
                                X