COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    I think the China covid numbers are as fake as adjusted temperature numbers used to support climate change. Fox News scoop that the virus originated in the Wuhan lab and not the wet market which was not selling the type of bats which the virus originated in is now also being reported on CNN after many weeks of saying such reports were racist. President Trump did not confirm or deny the reports at yesterday's news conference. He declined to comment which felt very much like a confirmation. It is news that is leaking from many sources.
    So CNN says only that the lab-source possibility is being investigated, which seems totally plausible, and also doesn't appear to be a "hot lead", but rather straightforward intelligence prudence.

I'm also unaware that bats had been definitively identified as the animal source, but that it may be pangolins. If bats have indeed been "convicted", I would love to read up on that source, thanks.

Finally, if by some brutal chance this pandemic was not an accident, or The Orange One convinces people that must be the case, then I fear that we are in for a genuine super-powers conflict.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
      So the Worldometer site seems to have changed some denominators, and one effect of that is that the U.S. is now firmly in 13th place in numbers of deaths per million people of population. It's now sitting at 99, and if you exclude the 4 tiny countries in the top 12, the 8 countries worse than the U.S. for deaths per million are (in worsening order): Sweden(132), Switzerland(147), Netherlands(193), U.K.(202), France(263), Italy(358), Spain(409), Belgium(419). Canada is at 28, and has been regularly tracking at about 2/7 of the U.S. numbers.
      Canada has now 1,191 dead, over my 1,000 prediction, while the US is barelling along at 33,460 to my 50,000 conservative prediction. Canada would be much lower if not for the spread in senior homes caused mostly by part-time labour jumping from place to place and lack of testing available for staff. A month ago probably infected casual workers said on tv that they can't afford to stay home. Infected permanent staff can't stay home as there is a worker shortage. Meanwhile, brutally, families can't visit.

Comment

Finally, if by some brutal chance this pandemic was not an accident, or The Orange One convinces people that must be the case, then I fear that we are in for a genuine super-powers conflict.
        Trump will do whatever he perceives to be in his own self interests, the truth is for him completely irrelevant. For now he seems content to deem this to have been an accident, but if he believes that it would serve himself to change this opinion then he will. His supporters (sycophants) will change their opinions with him for they are just as uninterested in the truth as he is.

Comment

Interesting timing to release suspicious about nuclear tests.

Comment

• Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

Interesting timing to release suspicious about nuclear tests.
            Where's that? Thanks

Comment

Where's that? Thanks
              https://www.google.com/search?q=china+nuclear+tets

Comment

• Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                Here. We. Go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                  I think the China covid numbers are as fake as adjusted temperature numbers used to support climate change. Fox News scoop that the virus originated in the Wuhan lab and not the wet market which was not selling the type of bats which the virus originated in is now also being reported on CNN after many weeks of saying such reports were racist. President Trump did not confirm or deny the reports at yesterday's news conference. He declined to comment which felt very much like a confirmation. It is news that is leaking from many sources.
                  My favourite recent CNN stories are the ones with Chris Cuomo confined to his basement home in quarantine.

Seems like "his basement" and "quarantine" depends on one's exact meaning of these words.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/14/long-i...ign=SocialFlow

My second favourite CNN story is the Tara Reade story that mysteriously seems to be very hard to find there.
                  Last edited by Tom O'Donnell; Thursday, 16th April, 2020, 08:26 PM.
                  "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
                    My favourite recent CNN stories are the ones with Chris Cuomo confined to his basement home in quarantine.
                    Nice article! Personally I dislike Don Lemon much more however. Sean Hannity, of FOX, just referred to him as a jackass. Agreed. But I cannot think of a single one of these people that I do like. All of them, as I have suggested before, are paid to be hopelessly biased in their opinions. They all appeal to emotion rather than reason. The truth has got to be somewhere in the middle, and America is done a great disservice by all of them.

Comment

• Relax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Ficzere View Post
                        What a delicious prescription for our times. Thanks Dr. Tony.

Comment

• Analysis Paralysis by Anete Melece

Anton’s head is bursting with thoughts.
                          The gardener is seething with anger: who has trampled her flower beds?
                          In the park Anton is looking for someone to play chess with. For someone who plays a better game than his dog. The gardener is looking for a mysterious serial vandal who has lost a yellow boot. But what if both of them are looking for the same thing?

https://vimeo.com/404554165

Screened at over 65 film festivals. Winner of Animation Grand Prix at Encounters (2016) and Swiss Audience Award and Swiss High Risk Jury Award at Fantoche (2016)

:))))

Comment

• New Jersey is the second state to reach more than 1% of the population infected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                              New Jersey is the second state to reach more than 1% of the population infected.
                              How many people have access to testing will affect the totals, and people without symptoms are not being tested. Just as many people dying at home aren't counted in the deaths.

But I really would like to know which state has the highest per cent of the population who are USCF members/rating.

Comment

• I am coping by listening to Lord Trump's suggestion of ingesting disinfectants in order to be pro-active with respect to COVID-19. I have discovered that two teaspoons of Comet blended into three ounces of bleach and topped off with a dash of Windex works best for me. We are fortunate to have a genius in charge.

Comment

Working...
                                X