Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

Trump will not lose the election.
    Trump is going to get crushed ... as he should.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
      I think they should just hold the RNC in Death Valley.
      Another option would be Tombstone, Arizona. With any luck at all they might even run into Doc Holliday just when they need him.

Comment

• California has gone ahead of New York state! (total cases) Never thought any state would catch up with New York.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

Do you mean that he'll win the election or are you 'masking' something with your choice of words?
          Hi Peter, I noticed that distinction also. He isn’t saying Trump will win, just that he won’t lose the election. The following scenarios will see Trump not winning the election, but not losing it either.

He could avoid getting humiliated by simply quitting the campaign. Many have speculated on this possibility, but mostly just wishful thinking. The Republicans could turn on him and finally hold an impeachment trial, or toss him out with a 25th amendment, or chose a new candidate at the upcoming convention. But all of these are long shots and really just wishful thinking.

On a darker note, Trump may try and cancel the election. He may cite the pandemic, rioting by the radical left terrorists (communists), or widespread election rigging by the deep state. It could be one or all of the above. None would be legitimate reasons to cancel an election, but why would that stop him.

Putting all that aside for the moment, all the polls suggest a big win for Biden. But we need to consider the worst-case scenario. The polls maybe understating Trump support as some are lying to the pollsters. So, to be overly cautious, let’s count all states where Biden leads by less than 5 points as Trump states.
          I calculate the electoral college vote as:
          Clinton won in 2016 – all the polls say Biden should win them easily = 232
          States flipping to Biden – Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania = 46
          Total = 278 – Biden wins in a close one (278 – 260).
          Biden leads by less than 5 points in Arizona, North Carolina, and Ohio. Total 44.
          Adding these gives Biden a more convincing win of 322 to 216.
          I have not included Florida 29, and Texas 38, as these two are way too easy for Trump loyalists to steal. But they are also the new epicentres for the COVID19, so who knows. Image if Biden wins these as well, for a landslide win of 389 to 149.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
            California has gone ahead of New York state! (total cases) Never thought any state would catch up with New York.
            California will soon be joined by Florida in a few days and Texas in a week or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

Trump is going to get crushed ... as he should.

Orange Crush?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                ... On a darker note ...
                I feel like I did in 1968: MLK Jr. assassinated; RFK assassinated; Vietnam War raging; pressures of racism/anti-racism at the boiling point; violent student demonstrations in Europe; violent student demonstrations in USA incl. Chicago Democratic Convention; young people 'dropping out' by the thousands; prospect of Nixon being President; constant Cold War/possible nuclear war tensions; etc. I didn't have much faith that anything could improve.
                "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

I feel like I did in 1968: MLK Jr. assassinated; RFK assassinated; Vietnam War raging; pressures of racism/anti-racism at the boiling point; violent student demonstrations in Europe; violent student demonstrations in USA incl. Chicago Democratic Convention; young people 'dropping out' by the thousands; prospect of Nixon being President; constant Cold War/possible nuclear war tensions; etc. I didn't have much faith that anything could improve.
                  And yet in 1969, Neil Armstrong walked on the moon!
                  Hopefully the moon shot for 2021 will be a jail cell for Donald Trump.

Comment

• Oklahoma ranked 32nd and doing relatively well til now has 1000+ new cases in one day! Is it spreading from Texas?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                      Oklahoma ranked 32nd and doing relatively well til now has 1000+ new cases in one day! Is it spreading from Texas?
                      Wonder if some of this is still fallout from Trump's Tulsa rally?
                      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                      "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

I was a child then, but remember those days very well, and was affected by them very deeply. Despite the difficulties of those times, there was nonetheless a sense of hope and optimism, a mood of peace, love and real prospects for social change and the development of a better world. Now the only sense I feel is impending doom. We are in fantastically serious trouble. I do not expect mankind to survive this in an civilized form. A few cave men may remain, but not the structured society we are now in the process of destroying. As the disease spreads more and more, we open up more and more?! We seek a balance between lives and the economy?! This is suicidal, we need to say to hell with the economy and hunker down for as many years as it takes. But we won't. Mankind is a deeply sick, and completely hopeless species. Nature has had enough of our irresponsible, arrogant and stupid conduct, so we are being snuffed. And we deserve it.
                        Last edited by Brad Thomson; Wednesday, 29th July, 2020, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

I was a child then, but remember those days very well, and was affected by them very deeply. Despite the difficulties of those times, there was nonetheless a sense of hope and optimism, a mood of peace, love and real prospects for social change and the development of a better world. Now the only sense I feel is impending doom. We are in fantastically serious trouble. I do not expect mankind to survive this in an civilized form. A few cave men may remain, but not the structured society we are now in the process of destroying. As the disease spreads more and more, we open up more and more?! We seek a balance between lives and the economy?! This is suicidal, we need to say to hell with the economy and hunker down for as many years as it takes. But we won't. Mankind is a deeply sick, and completely hopeless species. Nature has had enough of our irresponsible, arrogant and stupid conduct, so we are being snuffed. And we deserve it.

To Peter and Brad and anyone else who may be feeling some variation of this "impending doom", I highly recommend checking out a particular website, but before I give the link, let me explain it a bit. It is an organization that calls itself a church, BUT it clearly states right up front the following: "Spiritualism has no founding prophet, no dogma, creed or scriptures."

That is very important so that you know you won't be asked to "be born again" or to be baptized or any such thing, and I should add that the fact that I am even posting about Spiritualism here does NOT earn me brownie points with God. My only incentive to make this post is to explain some concepts about human existence in this physical universe that are not widely taught.

The first concept is that yes, we are eternal spirits created by a loving God. The resemblance to most of Christianity pretty much ends there however. God is not a god of wrath who will judge us for our sins, that was invented to sow fear so that the early Christian church could grow its membership, and it worked.

The second concept is that it wasn't God who decided that you, Brad Thomson, would be born into this world as the person you know yourself to be. God didn't make anything happen in your life. It was in fact you who made these decisions, before you incarnated on Earth. This is a huge point, because it means we can stop blaming God (or Satan who doesn't exist) for our life predicaments.

The third concept that is very pertinent to this thread and to Peter's and Brad's sense of doom for this planet is that Earth was always intended to be a place of sadness, grief, illness, suffering, pestilence, disease, hunger, thirst, torture, war, etc. These things are all necessary to teach us the things we need to learn, because is eternal spirits residing in a world of bliss, we need context to appreciate what we have. God gives us all the opportunity, which we can accept or reject, to incarnate on Earth to learn. We come here to be schooled. This is why mankind cannot achieve peace or heaven on Earth. The underlying mechanism which allows this to continue is.... human greed.

All these concepts are backed by testimonies of people who have had near death experiences and have gone to the other side and come back. If you want to research this fully, google near death experience and find out what you may be missing.

So hopefully you can now breathe easier about the fate of mankind and of the Earth. People live and people die. Sometimes they die by the millions, a mass culling as it were. It is all part of what Earth is meant to be and will be for as long as God decides Earth should still exist.

Here is the link:

https://www.spiritualistchurchofcanada.com/

There is a menu bar at the top, and I would begin by examining each item under "Spiritualism". And if you are already some other religion and want to keep following it, that is fine, I provide this only because Peter and Brad seem to be expressing a sense of hopelessness. Spiritualism, unlike other religions, doesn't require faith or belief. There will be no judgement, we all remain under the love and care of God, and we all have our own individual path to learning which goes on forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

To Peter and Brad and anyone else who may be feeling some variation of this "impending doom", I highly recommend...

I reclaim my time.

Comment

• The difficulty with maintaining a sock puppet is that you inevitably lapse back to your default and recognizable self.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

To Peter and Brad and anyone else who may be feeling some variation of this "impending doom", I highly recommend checking out a particular website, but before I give the link, let me explain it a bit. It is an organization that calls itself a church, BUT it clearly states right up front the following: "Spiritualism has no founding prophet, no dogma, creed or scriptures."

The second concept is that it wasn't God who decided that you, Brad Thomson, would be born into this world as the person you know yourself to be. God didn't make anything happen in your life. It was in fact you who made these decisions, before you incarnated on Earth. This is a huge point, because it means we can stop blaming God (or Satan who doesn't exist) for our life predicaments.

The third concept that is very pertinent to this thread and to Peter's and Brad's sense of doom for this planet is that Earth was always intended to be a place of sadness, grief, illness, suffering, pestilence, disease, hunger, thirst, torture, war, etc. These things are all necessary to teach us the things we need to learn, because is eternal spirits residing in a world of bliss, we need context to appreciate what we have. God gives us all the opportunity, which we can accept or reject, to incarnate on Earth to learn. We come here to be schooled. This is why mankind cannot achieve peace or heaven on Earth. The underlying mechanism which allows this to continue is.... human greed.

So hopefully you can now breathe easier about the fate of mankind and of the Earth. People live and people die. Sometimes they die by the millions, a mass culling as it were. It is all part of what Earth is meant to be and will be for as long as God decides Earth should still exist.

There is a menu bar at the top, and I would begin by examining each item under "Spiritualism". And if you are already some other religion and want to keep following it, that is fine, I provide this only because Peter and Brad seem to be expressing a sense of hopelessness. Spiritualism, unlike other religions, doesn't require faith or belief. There will be no judgement, we all remain under the love and care of God, and we all have our own individual path to learning which goes on forever.
                                This sounds like my chess games, "a place of sadness, grief, illness, suffering, pestilence, disease, hunger, thirst, torture."

Although I appreciate the love in your message, I found your statements full of dogma and assumptions of the motivation of God. I tend to think that there is some sort of balancing act going on, as human life gets better in one area, like medicine, it gets worse in another, like weapons.. Although I'm pessimistic about the future of mankind and feel sad about Covid-19 deaths and the coming mass culling, I don't think peace on earth is impossible. I think looking at causes more than greed (fear, pain, self-entitlement, selfishness, lack of connection) need to be addressed to get there, We can have hope by fighting to make things better for each other on many different fronts, not to throw up our arms up and say it's God's plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X