COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In response to 1,000 Americans dying from COVID every day, Trump says, "It is what it is." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaaTZkqsaxY

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
      In response to 1,000 Americans dying from COVID every day, Trump says, "It is what it is." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaaTZkqsaxY
      Even more incredulous is watching his interview with Axios journalist Johnathan Swan - here is full interview:

https://youtu.be/zaaTZkqsaxY

What a cretin.

...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
        Columbia and Iran have gone over 300,000 cases.
        There was an article in the Windsor Star paper today that indicated that the deaths in Iran had been under-reported by a very large factor.

Comment

• It was always clear that Trump was arrogant, narcissistic, paranoid and delusional. But what has come to light now is how incredibly stupid he is. I suspect his IQ is lower than his age. The man is a disaster, and America has hardly begun to feel the pain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
            It was always clear that Trump was arrogant, narcissistic, paranoid and delusional. But what has come to light now is how incredibly stupid he is. I suspect his IQ is lower than his age. The man is a disaster, and America has hardly begun to feel the pain.
            Here is something related from an article available on August 4th at Rolling Stone's website:

"It might be time to do away with the idea that President Trump is a master media tactician and fully embrace the idea that he is an abject moron who stumbled ass-backwards into the White House."
            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
            "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

Here is something related from an article available on August 4th at Rolling Stone's website:

"It might be time to do away with the idea that President Trump is a master media tactician and fully embrace the idea that he is an abject moron who stumbled ass-backwards into the White House."
              Interesting. Trump is certainly an "abject moron", a blithering idiot. He is a dunce. He makes George "Dubya" Bush look like Einstein. Trump's only "talent" is his ability to baffle brains with bullshit. And unfortunately vast numbers of Americans are fully capable of being baffled. They will continue to pay an enormous price as long as Trump is in power.

Comment

• Can't wait for the debates.

This is pure gold folks ...Biden at his finest.
                https://twitter.com/i/status/1291062194004688898

Barely There Biden
                https://www.barelytherebiden.com/

O M G ... too funny too good.

:))))

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
                  Can't wait for the debates.

This is pure gold folks ...Biden at his finest.
                  https://twitter.com/i/status/1291062194004688898

Barely There Biden
                  https://www.barelytherebiden.com/

O M G ... too funny too good.

:))))
                  I am still astounded that the Dems couldn't come up with anyone better than Biden.
                  Unfortunately for Americans, they have a binary system and they have to choose between two incompetents.
                  I guess it is the battle of the lesser evils. Given how frail Biden seems (mentally, emotionally and physically)
                  his choice of V.P. takes on extra significance. I say "his choice" knowing full well that such a monumental
                  party level decision is likely made by the back room folks... The V.P. could very easily become the P. and
                  everyone voting for Biden will be more than aware of that. I suspect the importance of that choice will
                  exclude some very capable people who apparently weren't palatable for the main Democratic caucus and
                  would be more of a liability than an asset. I think he should pick Obama as his running mate... that would
                  raise some eyebrows! lol
                  ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

..................I think he should pick Obama as his running mate... that would
                    raise some eyebrows! lol
                    I'm assuming you know that Biden promised to pick a woman, so you mean Michelle Obama and not Barack.

Actually, Biden's promise aside, could he even pick Barack? I guess not because Barack has already served his maximum 2 terms as President and so could not take that office if Donald Trump shot Biden dead on 5th Avenue in New York.

Michelle would certainly be a fascinating pick. She has a Harvard law degree so she's no dummy. I would pay money to see a debate between her and Mike Pence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

Michelle would certainly be a fascinating pick.
                      she has 'low-grade depression'

.... whatever that is.

Comment

• I was hoping that the Dem candidate is Bernie, since I felt he had the most progressive vision for USA, and the best chance to defeat Trump.

Now, I am wondering if Trump may win.

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

I am still astounded that the Dems couldn't come up with anyone better than Biden.
                        Unfortunately for Americans, they have a binary system and they have to choose between two incompetents.
                        I guess it is the battle of the lesser evils. Given how frail Biden seems (mentally, emotionally and physically)
                        his choice of V.P. takes on extra significance. I say "his choice" knowing full well that such a monumental
                        party level decision is likely made by the back room folks... The V.P. could very easily become the P. and
                        everyone voting for Biden will be more than aware of that. I suspect the importance of that choice will
                        exclude some very capable people who apparently weren't palatable for the main Democratic caucus and
                        would be more of a liability than an asset. I think he should pick Obama as his running mate... that would
                        raise some eyebrows! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

I'm assuming you know that Biden promised to pick a woman, so you mean Michelle Obama and not Barack.

Actually, Biden's promise aside, could he even pick Barack? I guess not because Barack has already served his maximum 2 terms as President and so could not take that office if Donald Trump shot Biden dead on 5th Avenue in New York.

Michelle would certainly be a fascinating pick. She has a Harvard law degree so she's no dummy. I would pay money to see a debate between her and Mike Pence.
                          She is not eligible. She has not been domiciled in the U.S. for the requisite number of years prior to the election. She would be eligible next time around or if the election were taking place in 2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

She is not eligible. She has not been domiciled in the U.S. for the requisite number of years prior to the election. She would be eligible next time around or if the election were taking place in 2021.
                            What? No. Of course she is eligible.
                            3 requirement to be President: Natural born US, at least 35 years old, lived in USA for 14 years.

But she has said repeatedly, not interested.

I am surprised not to hear the name of Oprah Winfrey!

But lots of good candidates before going the celebrity route.
                            Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Thursday, 6th August, 2020, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• USA 5,000,000+, Brazil soon 3,000,000, India 2,000,000+

Comment

• https://niemanreports.org/articles/biden-stutter/

That’s why it is even easier to slice up a few video clips from Biden speaking during a debate or in an interview, bumbling over words, and decide that he is in cognitive decline. And as Glenn Greenwald has pointed out, journalists such as NBC News’s Andrea Mitchell, among others, have used those episodes to question Biden’s fitness. Greenwald himself penned a piece about Biden’s fitness and not once mentioned Biden’s battle with stuttering.

Comment

Working...
                                X