COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Trump is too stupid for the job, and Biden is too old. May God Bless America.

One of the disgraces of America is that even their liberals, their left, buy into the bullshit that they are God's gift to the planet, and that Trump is the "leader of the free world." America is imploding, and it looks good on them.
    Last edited by Brad Thomson; Thursday, 6th August, 2020, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• Be awesome if during the debates they had an AI script that ran instant fact checking ... buzzer going off when a correction was found, ha!

Every other word from Trump ... buzzer!!

Biden's stumbling would be corrected down in the chyron!!

:))))

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
        Be awesome if during the debates they had an AI script that ran instant fact checking ... buzzer going off when a correction was found, ha!
        Excellent idea. Though rather than a buzzer, every time time Trump bullshits they should play a recording of a fart. And the bigger the lie... They may also need a recording of some snoring to be used with Biden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

Excellent idea. Though rather than a buzzer, every time time Trump bullshits they should play a recording of a fart. And the bigger the lie... They may also need a recording of some snoring to be used with Biden.
          Neil & Brad, brilliant! lol

Comment

• World death rate of CLOSED cases still trending downward, now 5%

And Canada/States ratio REALLY improving, we're now 48% of them

Comment

• Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
              World death rate of CLOSED cases still trending downward, now 5%

And Canada/States ratio REALLY improving, we're now 48% of them
              Aris, I don't understand why you would lump Canada & USA together. They have completely different stat profiles.
              WorldCoronovirus website - data as of yesterday
              USA
              Total cases 5,032,179
              Recovered 2,576,668
              Deaths 162,804
              Closed Cases 2,739,472
              % closed cases 54%
              Mortality rate 6%
              Active cases 2,292,707
              Serious 18,296
              % serious of Active 1%
              Canada
              Total cases 118,561
              Recovered 103,106
              Deaths 8,966
              Closed Cases 112,072
              % closed cases 95%
              Mortality rate 8%
              Active cases 6,489
              Serious 2,263
              % serious of Active 35%

I would love to hear your comments and confirmation of these numbers.

Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Friday, 7th August, 2020, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

Aris, I don't understand why you would lump Canada & USA together. They have completely different stat profiles.
                WorldCoronovirus website - data as of yesterday
                USA
                Total cases 5,032,179
                Recovered 2,576,668
                Deaths 162,804
                Closed Cases 2,739,472
                % closed cases 54%
                Mortality rate 6%
                Active cases 2,292,707
                Serious 18,296
                % serious of Active 1%
                Canada
                Total cases 118,561
                Recovered 103,106
                Deaths 8,966
                Closed Cases 112,072
                % closed cases 95%
                Mortality rate 8%
                Active cases 6,489
                Serious 2,263
                % serious of Active 35%

working just now - I was posting the per capita death rate - Canada is at 48% of the States (haven't looked at your numbers, see: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Comment

• With the lastest wave in the states , California, Florida, Texas, and 15 states over 100,000 as well as 6 other close candidates the death rate will catch up. Count on that - check the stats in 4 to 6 weeks time. You see New Yorks stats (30,000 deaths+) that will be the case of Florida, Texas, and California and probably many others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

There was an article in the Windsor Star paper today that indicated that the deaths in Iran had been under-reported by a very large factor.
                    I was surprised at this (but not so much because of China). I thought more likely Saudia Arabia, Bangladesh, and Pakistan amongst others.

Comment

• Death toll: USA 164,000, Brazil 100,000, Mexico 50,000+, UK 46,000, India 42,000. Canada is 17th with 9,000.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

………………….

The stats that stick out to me are the following:
                        US:
                        % of Active Cases That Are Serious: 1%

Canada:
                        % of Active Cases That Are Serious: 35%

What does this indicate? Firstly, it shows that the vast majority of the U.S. active cases are young people who are gathering in bars, parties, events, protests, etc. because they can and because they don't care. They themselves are at the moment testing positive and for the most part not being hospitalized.
                        Whereas in Canada, the vast majority of active cases are much older and are being hospitalized and in ICU, and the vast majority of young people of Canada are being much more responsible and are not testing positive at all.

For the near term future in the U.S., this should mean that cases will likely spread from the young people to the older people and the U.S. will see cases continue to skyrocket and serious cases will eventually become a very high % of their active cases, and the only thing that would prevent that would be to keep the infected younger people away from the older generations.

For the near term future in Canada, assuming young people continue to act more responsibly than their U.S. counterparts, cases overall should continue to decline gradually.

I wonder if there are stats on the relative ages of active cases? It should bear out that in the US, the much higher % of cases should be in the younger age groups (20's, 30's, 40's) whereas Canada's should mostly be in their 50's, 60's, 70's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

The stats that stick out to me are the following:
                          US:
                          % of Active Cases That Are Serious: 1%

Canada:
                          % of Active Cases That Are Serious: 35%

What does this indicate?
                          What it indicates is that because over 90% of Canada's cases are resolved, a large proportion of the ones that remain unresolved are ones where the patient became seriously ill to begin with. Meanwhile most of the active cases in the USA are new cases, so most of those cases include the milder cases.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garland Best View Post

What it indicates is that because over 90% of Canada's cases are resolved, a large proportion of the ones that remain unresolved are ones where the patient became seriously ill to begin with. Meanwhile most of the active cases in the USA are new cases, so most of those cases include the milder cases.

Yes, that does play into the stats as well. You have to ask, then, why is such a lower % of US cases resolved? In large part it's because the younger generations in the U.S. are much less responsible than the same group in Canada and are congregating in dense groups without regard to the virus. So the new cases there are largely in the younger generations and they are much less likely to be in an ICU.

Garland, you seem to imply that Canada's serious cases have been serious for a very long time ("(cases) where the patient became seriously ill to begin with). I haven't seen any stats as to how long seriously patients survive and remain in the hospital, do you think that in Canada they survive longer than those in the U.S. and are in hospital longer? It could be the case.

Comment

• A better look at excess deaths in the United States: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm

Comment

• My biggest fear is what will happen when all the kids go back to school, Those of us who have spent lots of time with kids' chess know that they pass the common cold around very prolifically, irrespective of whether or not they show much in the way of symptoms themselves. If this happens with COVID-19, then short of a complete lock-down for a very extended period of time, we are in huge trouble. And we do not seem likely to lock-down, no, no, we need to "balance" the economy with human lives!? Congratulations to mankind as a species. We are about to flag.

Comment

Working...
                                X