Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World 20,000,000 plus cases.

Thats doubled in 6 weeks.
    Last edited by Hans Jung; Monday, 10th August, 2020, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• It will probably double again in 6 or 8 weeks. Its the nature of pandemics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

We are pigs.
        Colored bacon!

:))))

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
          It will probably double again in 6 or 8 weeks. Its the nature of pandemics.
          ... and of exponential growth

interestingly, exponential growth seems to be challenging for the human mind: Google "exponential growth bias"

partially related, I love this attribution to Einstein: "compound interest is the most powerful force in the universe"

Comment

• What a shock. Another POS politician creating rules then not following them. Off the top of my head I can list a dozen politicians caught violating their own Covid rules, I bet the unrecorded number is in the hundreds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4F4...ature=emb_logo

"Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
              What a shock. Another POS politician creating rules then not following them. Off the top of my head I can list a dozen politicians caught violating their own Covid rules, I bet the unrecorded number is in the hundreds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4F4...ature=emb_logo

Thanks for that post. But it's so SO exasperating!!

https://bigthink.com/Mind-Matters/sc...ople-are-jerks

Comment

What a shock. Another POS politician creating rules then not following them. Off the top of my head I can list a dozen politicians caught violating their own Covid rules, I bet the unrecorded number is in the hundreds:
                Ex! This is true journalism, what journalism should be, and to some extent what it used to be. What we now call "mainstream" media is a pathetic joke that only serves to exacerbate our problems, irrespective of whether it is controlled by the right or the left in any given case. Brown of course is a flunky.

Here is an example of what journalism used to be. And what statesman ship is as opposed to political bullshit.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfUq9b1XTa0&t=17s
                Last edited by Brad Thomson; Monday, 10th August, 2020, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

Colored bacon!

:))))
                  Is it artificially colored bacon? If yes, then the slogan could be: "Because good taste is directly proportional to bad ingredients"!!!

Comment

• 4 more states have reached 100,000+ Alabama, Ohio, South Carolina and Virginia. Two states are on the doorstep Michigan and Maryland. Indiana is racing to catch up.
                    17 states with 100,000 cases or more.

Comment

• Australia is the continent thats doing reasonably well. At the beginning of the virus there were concerns as young people were flocking to the beaches. Even though they have had several thousand new cases recently their total of 21,000 is miniscule compared to many other countries (and continents)

Comment

• Now we get the excuses and the lies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

I fear Covid way less than I fear allowing politicians to control my life. YMMV.
                        "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Now we get the excuses and the lies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

I fear Covid way less than I fear allowing politicians to control my life. YMMV.

You must live a very fearful life.

Is there any difference between being controlled by a CEO of a (country, province, municipality) versus being controlled by the CEO of a corporation?

Comment

• In contrast with the fear-mongering governments, who are using this "emergency" to tell you how to live, while hypocritically failing to follow their own rules, dealing with businesses is very different. If you don't like the way that Walmart (for example) does business, don't do business with Walmart. The beauty of free markets.

Comment

In contrast with the fear-mongering governments, who are using this "emergency" to tell you how to live, while hypocritically failing to follow their own rules
                              I believe that the "emergency" is real, and very serious. But this is all the more reason to detest these scumbags who tell us what to do and then do not follow their own rules so that they can play hockey, take a quick run up to the cottage, or cross the river to see their spouse. All of them are disgraces to humanity. I think we might be better off with anarchy than with these bums.

Comment

• Brad, the average age of death from Covid in Ontario is about 80 by my estimate. I can show you my simple calculations on how I got that number if it will make you feel better. Or you can pick it apart. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X