COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
    Louisiana over 3% of population infected. 12 other states over 2%.
    I've given up hope on the US. What really worries me is what is happening recently in Spain and now France. These are countries that looked like they were doing well flattening the curve, but when they lifted restrictions, it went back to being as bad as before. This does not bode well for us come the fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

Thanks for posting that link ... that website seems to be quite useful :)
      I like it too. One of my daughters pointed it out to me.
      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
      "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Garland Best View Post

This does not bode well for us come the fall.
        Agreed, my greatest concern is what will happen when the kids go back to school. We will soon find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
          Thanks for posting that Peter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garland Best View Post

I've given up hope on the US. What really worries me is what is happening recently in Spain and now France. These are countries that looked like they were doing well flattening the curve, but when they lifted restrictions, it went back to being as bad as before. This does not bode well for us come the fall.
            Yes, I agree. Italy also recently has started climbing.

Comment

• Columbia has gone over 500,000.

Comment

• Test August 21
                Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Friday, 21st August, 2020, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

... Here is the link to the various papers so far.

http://c19study.com
                  And here is a question and answer from the FAQs section at your link:

Who is @CovidAnalysis?
                  We are PhD researchers, scientists, people who hope to make a contribution, even if it is only very minor. You can find our research in journals like Science and Nature. For examples of why we can't be more specific search for "raoult death threats" or "simone gold fired". We have little interest in adding to our publication lists, being in the news, or being on TV (we have done all of these things before but feel there are more important things in life now).

Is there a credibility issue with "PhD researchers" who won't identify themselves?
                  "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                  "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                  "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Test August 21
                    Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Friday, 21st August, 2020, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• Healthier people are less likely to die, but there is no cure until a vaccine is available by the end of the year. 100,000s more Americans are going to die. Promising vaccines are being tested in USA, Russia, China and Cuba.
                      https://www.raps.org/news-and-articl...accine-tracker

Comment

• Test August 21
                        Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Friday, 21st August, 2020, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• Judge orders new election in New Jersey over voter fraud charges

Paterson, NJ, to hold new election in City Council race marred by voter fraud charges. Both the race's apparent winner and a sitting councilman were charged with voter fraud

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pat...y-council-race

Hahaha!

:))))

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

It is not possible to ethically conduct a Randomized Control Trial for early stage high risk covid19 patients. As Dr. Raoult of France stated "we are not going to say to 50% of our patients "sorry this is your unlucky day so you will die".

For good or for bad, the current consensus based standard of care in Canada as well as for almost all of the world (likely including Dr. Raoult's patients treated in public hospitals) is 'no specific treatment' for early cases. So dear Dr. Raoult, a randomized trial would be very, very, ethical, for by starting such a large scale trial, you would give to patients in multiple institutions conducting the trial at least a 50% chance of getting the combo you happen to think is wonderful... and you could continue to give your wonder drugs to all your private patients, even without ongoing monitoring of outcomes, as is likely the case. Please don't forget, Dr. Raoult, that again and again in Medicine, what appeared to be a common-sense treatment apparently working wonderfully in observational studies, turned out to be harmful when tested in a randomized fashion...
                            If however, you say that the anti-Trumpers would never let such a trial take place, you would have a strong believable point, as petty personality and big money driven politics is as rampant in Medicine, as it is in other spheres of life...

Comment

• https://www.google.com/
                              Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Friday, 21st August, 2020, 01:32 AM.

Comment

• Spain has reached 400,000+ cases and has gained over 100,000 cases in the last month. Spain leads all the west European countries now.

Comment

Working...
                                X