COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
    Damn, these are some pretty interesting links. I'll be sure to check them out.

Comment

• Here's an interesting modelling article. One thing chess has going for it is less speaking. However. it's also, relatively speaking, few square feet per person, and not the best ventilated locales. According to the modeliing in the article, from what I understand, after 20 times at 90 minutes each, it's practically 100% infection rate:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...8E033DDAED6540

Comment

• India 3,000,000+ cases.

Comment

• Top 30 countries in the world 100,000+ cases. Top 19 states of the USA 100,000+ cases.

Comment

• The Batman official trailer was just released :))))
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2RYzKNDsGk

Crazy huge moment for me, so proud of a friend of mine who designed the Batmobile on this project!!!

If you get a moment please check out Ash Thorp...
            https://altcinc.com/

And of course on social
            https://www.instagram.com/ashthorp/

Long Live The Bat!

Comment

• USA has reached 6 million COVID cases.
              Listening to speeches at the RNC, you would get the impression Trump has saved America from the pandemic.
              Maybe they meant the death rate is down?
              Yesterday's death toll.
              USA 1,289 Canada 4

So, congratulations??

Comment

• Stay tuned theres a lot more to come. The show continues. And as far as covid goes the other numbers dont matter as much but the death stats are final. (unless like some countries you withdraw numbers after they have been submitted)

Comment

• Hawaii has quadrupled its cases in the last month. That may not seem like much as the cases have risen from around 1600 to over 7,000 but Hawaii has gone from least infected state or one of the bottom 4 to joining the rest of the pack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                    Listening to speeches at the RNC, you would get the impression Trump has saved America from the pandemic.
                    So, congratulations??
                    God bless America, the land of the free and the home of the brave, but soon to be dead. America continues to implode, they will not exist as a "democracy" for much longer.

Comment

• The worst news to come out in the last few days is that you can get COVID-19 twice if you catch different strains.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                        USA has reached 6 million COVID cases.
                        Maybe they meant the death rate is down?
                        Yesterday's death toll.
                        USA 1,289 Canada 4

So, congratulations??
                        When you can play on a loop Andrew Cuomo, Mayor de Blasio, Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden attacking Trump for the flight ban, and encouraging people to get out in public as the virus started then yes, that does make their current claims dubious.

I predict a bump in the polls from the RNC convention. The Dems got no bump and actually started a slide that has CNN, MSNBC and the Democratic party highly concerned. They have gone from encouraging the violence to wringing their hands about how this might help Trump and the GOP in the election. The revolution is starting to eat its own. Every night there is coverage which can be made into a Trump commercial and will be. The little woman being bullied into putting her fist into the air and refusing even though she was a Democrat. I think even traditional Democrats are waking up to the implications of the Democratic platform and the actions of their shock troops.

Safety issues is something that affects everyone except for the elites who have their private security.

I would say the election is now Trump's to lose.

Comment

• Hi Vlad - We're on opposite sides of the partisan spectrum (It's OK - we both can talk chess!! and remain friends! I have many friends on the right......).

But.........I agree with your conclusion - there is a perfect storm of factors at the moment which, over the next 2 months, will likely lead to a Trump/GOP election victory on Nov. 3, 2020 (Which should never have happened, and which will cause the USA to sink into the waves .......I hope not into fascist dictatorship).

Bob A

Comment

• Excess deaths: the big hidden loss, not just now, but prolly cascading health losses for years to come.

I received this email yesterday from a friend of mine who had somehow repeatedly beat back cancer:

"It has been quite some time since we spoke and of course Covid has had an impact on all of us. It has been just about 3 years since I’ve been diagnosed with cancer [Aris: multiple severe cancers, Stage 4, with allegedly imminent death] and I’m so happy to have been given time to spend with my family and to even to be able to work again. Unfortunately, I’m no longer responding to any of the treatments that the doctors have tried and they are out of options. COVID HAS ALSO PUT A HALT IN ALL RESEARCH [my emphasis: this person kept succeeding with new trial after new trial, for several years] so there are also no trials for me to try at this time. I’m still hopeful that I will defy the odds and have more time but as of right now, the doctors have given me about 4-8 months to live. Right now, I feel great and wouldn’t even know that the cancer is winning. I will continue to have Hope and live each day to my very best with the kids and I’m extremely grateful to have them to keep me focused on happiness. I’m sorry that I couldn’t have shared better news with you but at the same time, like I said, I’m grateful to have been given as much time as I’ve had and even a little more with the fact that I’ve had stage 4 the whole time. I sure do hope that Covid will start to cease and that we have the opportunity to see each other in the near future. Until then, I will keep you informed to the best of my ability and I hope you all stay healthy and safe."

Comment

• Thanks Aris, all the best to your friend who seems happier than most of us at this difficult time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                                I would say the election is now Trump's to lose.
                                Trump cannot lose the election, because if he does, as he himself has explained, it will have been fixed.

Comment

Working...
                                X