COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
    Tom, do you think this guy is sincere, or do you think this is a "strategic" endorsement effected so as to attempt to taint Biden?
    I think that if David Duke voting for Trump in 2016 is somehow significant it would be hypocritical to apply a different standard to Spencer/Biden.

Personally, I don't judge politicians on who votes for them. All politicians are liars. If someone votes for politician X, how can I tell if they are voting for the politician believing the lies or voting for the politician seeing (or thinking they are seeing) through the things they think the politician is lying about?
    "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post

I think that if David Duke voting for Trump in 2016 is somehow significant it would be hypocritical to apply a different standard to Spencer/Biden.
      In fact there is an important difference. Trump did not quickly and firmly disavow Duke's endorsement whereas the opposite has been the case with Spencer's endorsement of Biden.
      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
      "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• 1) https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/03/polit...kkk/index.html

2) I Googled "Biden disavow Spencer" and from the first two pages of links see no mention of Biden disavowing Spencer. I see where Biden's campaign disavowed him but if you want to hear it from the horse's mouth, so to speak, I see no mention of that. I am not suggesting that Biden thinks Spencer is a nice guy or that he wants Spencer's endorsement. It's interesting though that Biden himself appears to have said nothing. Maybe because no one in the media has asked him. If not, I wonder why that would be?

Searching YouTube I see that Fox pundit Greg Gutfeld (as of August 24) had seen nothing directly about this from Biden, so I guess I am not alone, or perhaps you have more recent information?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AvA..._channel=noone
        Last edited by Tom O'Donnell; Monday, 14th September, 2020, 01:59 PM.
        "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
          1) https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/03/polit...kkk/index.html

2) I Googled "Biden disavow Spencer" and from the first two pages of links see no mention of Biden disavowing Spencer. I see where Biden's campaign disavowed him but if you want to hear it from the horse's mouth, so to speak, I see no mention of that. I am not suggesting that Biden thinks Spencer is a nice guy or that he wants Spencer's endorsement. It's interesting though that Biden himself appears to have said nothing. Maybe because no one in the media has asked him. If not, I wonder why that would be?

Searching YouTube I see that Fox pundit Greg Gutfeld (as of August 24) had seen nothing directly about this from Biden, so I guess I am not alone, or perhaps you have more recent information?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AvA..._channel=noone
          Time may prove me wrong but I expect that there is a far greater degree of cohesion between 'Biden' and the 'Biden Campaign' than there is between 'Trump' and the 'Trump campaign'. If the Biden campaign says something, I believe it is supported by Biden. If the Trump campaign says something, who knows whether Trump supports it. Maybe the media, in general, feels the same way - maybe because Biden isn't on record as having told 20,000+ falsehoods in the last 3 1/2 years.
          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

Time may prove me wrong but I expect that there is a far greater degree of cohesion between 'Biden' and the 'Biden Campaign' than there is between 'Trump' and the 'Trump campaign'. If the Biden campaign says something, I believe it is supported by Biden. If the Trump campaign says something, who knows whether Trump supports it. Maybe the media, in general, feels the same way - maybe because Biden isn't on record as having told 20,000+ falsehoods in the last 3 1/2 years.
            So when the Biden campaign and Biden say they are against fracking should we believe them? Or should we believe them when they say they are for fracking when they visit Pennsylvania a state where fracking is directly tied to lots of jobs?

Biden has told more whoppers in his life than anyone in Washington, ever. The whole speech about being from a coal miner family was lifted whole cloth from Neil Kinnock was quite amusing.

Biden is a plagiarist and a thief. His family has made millions trading on his office.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

So when the Biden campaign and Biden say they are against fracking should we believe them? Or should we believe them when they say they are for fracking when they visit Pennsylvania a state where fracking is directly tied to lots of jobs?

Biden has told more whoppers in his life than anyone in Washington, ever. The whole speech about being from a coal miner family was lifted whole cloth from Neil Kinnock was quite amusing.

Biden is a plagiarist and a thief. His family has made millions trading on his office.
              Whew! A lot of assertions in your post which could benefit from some footnotes. When Tom O'D. says that all politicians are liars, I agree with him. However, there are liars and then there are LIARS. Trump is the latter. I didn't say that Biden never lies. I said I believe that Biden/Biden campaign are in sync to a far greater degree than Trump/Trump campaign.

Comment

• America is totally imploding, it goes back to 1776, it has nothing to do with Biden or Trump, and neither of them will prevent the inevitable.

Comment

This is hardly a surprise. The democrats are the party of the KKK, slavery and every other racist policy that has been a part of the American experience. The amazing thing is that you can read the eulogies from Hillary and Joe Biden praising Robert Byrd and they pretend the history is the exact opposite of what it is.
                  It's always so weird hearing these Fox News talking points. Do you seriously think that KKK members being part of the Democratic party 100 years ago is more relevant than them being more likely to be Republicans today? Do you think that it's particularly important that Biden and Hillary praised a guy who left the KKK 58 years before he died and described being in it as the greatest mistake he ever made? Are you just going to ignore that whole Southern Strategy thing?

In 2017, Republicans in South Carolina tried to create a voting law that a federal appeals court struck down as an unconstitutional effort to "target African-Americans with almost surgical precision." The Supreme Court refused to hear an appeal on this case. Less than a year ago, a federal judge struck down a Republican voting law in North Carolina because parts of it were "impermissibly motivated, at least in part, by discriminatory intent." Maybe it's just me, but it kind of feels like this stuff may be a bit more relevant to today's political climate than what party the KKK supported 100 years ago.

Comment

Actually taxes for the wealthy went up due to capping SALT.
                    True, for the very immensely wealthy...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post

It's always so weird hearing these Fox News talking points. Do you seriously think that KKK members being part of the Democratic party 100 years ago is more relevant than them being more likely to be Republicans today? Do you think that it's particularly important that Biden and Hillary praised a guy who left the KKK 58 years before he died and described being in it as the greatest mistake he ever made? Are you just going to ignore that whole Southern Strategy thing?

In 2017, Republicans in South Carolina tried to create a voting law that a federal appeals court struck down as an unconstitutional effort to "target African-Americans with almost surgical precision." The Supreme Court refused to hear an appeal on this case. Less than a year ago, a federal judge struck down a Republican voting law in North Carolina because parts of it were "impermissibly motivated, at least in part, by discriminatory intent." Maybe it's just me, but it kind of feels like this stuff may be a bit more relevant to today's political climate than what party the KKK supported 100 years ago.
                      So you want to whitewash history? That figures ...sigh.

Republican President ... Abraham Lincoln ... widely credited for the freeing of slaves and abolishing slavery.

1862 Emancipation Proclamation
                      1865 Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution

Amazing how African Americans have fallen soooo hard for Democratic salesmanship. You can stop with your 'holier than thou' Democratic salesmanship ... anytime now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

Republican President ... Abraham Lincoln ... widely credited for the freeing of slaves and abolishing slavery.

Amazing how African Americans have fallen soooo hard for Democratic salesmanship. You can stop with your 'holier than thou' Democratic salesmanship ... anytime now!
                        Neil, it is you who is whitewashing history. Vlad also.
                        Lucas makes a great argument that things have changed in the past 150 years.
                        You want African Americans to ignore the past 150 years of history. That would be naive.
                        Trump is a racist. It is so obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
                          America is totally imploding, it goes back to 1776, it has nothing to do with Biden or Trump, and neither of them will prevent the inevitable.
                          Since 1776, the US government has been steadily growing in its power over its citizens, as the public find it difficult to believe that 'That government is the best that governs the least'...the public lives under the illusion that the government is key to a lot of the wonderful things that happen in society....just as they believe that God is the source of everything that is good...so it is unfortunately inevitable that the country that gave us so much hope will end up imploding...like all the kingdoms before it in history....

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

Saying that what parties did 100 years ago isn't particularly relevant to what they're doing today isn't whitewashing history. Or can you explain how what Lincoln did 150 years ago is more relevant to the current political parties than Republicans over the past few years in North and South Carolina trying to stop black people from voting? While you're at it, could you respond to the last time you accused me of spreading fake news?

"I wanted to always play it down. I still like playing it down, because I don't want to create a panic."

What do you call it when you intentionally mislead people about the severity of something? Like, you know that something's really bad, but you tell people that it's actually not bad. I think there's a word for that. Maybe he was... lying?

Fauci more diplomatically called Trump a liar: "There were times when I was out there telling the American public how difficult this is, how we're having a really serious problem, you know, and the president was saying it's something that's going to disappear, which obviously is not the case."

Donald Trump on February 7th: "It's also more deadly than your - you know, your, even your strenuous flu."
                            Donald Trump on February 27th: "If you got Ebola, that was it. This one is different. Much different. This is a flu. This is like a flu."

After accusing me of spreading fake news by saying that Trump lied about the virus, you then just stopped responding after I proved that he did lie. You tried to play off his flu lie as though he was just saying that they're both viruses, but that clearly isn't the case, as he said that it's different from Ebola, which is also a virus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
                              ... After accusing me of spreading fake news by saying that Trump lied about the virus, you then just stopped responding after I proved that he did lie. ...
                              Lucas:

"Never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

- Winston Churchill

Comment

• Trump is gong to win. After he wins, I'll tell you why I knew he would win.

Comment

Working...
                                X