COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Robert Redfield: "These face masks are the most important, powerful public health tool we have...I might even go so far as to say that this face mask is more guaranteed to protect me against COVID than when I take a COVID vaccine."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1306274937456529415

"...I might even go so far as to say that this face mask is more guaranteed to protect me against COVID than when I take a COVID vaccine."

"...I might even go so far as to say that this face mask is more guaranteed to protect me against COVID than when I take a COVID vaccine."

...next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Boron View Post

Seriously Sid ? I have not seen anything that supports that. Would you be willing to spend a few hours in a small room with a group of asymptomatic people, and be 100% confident you will not contract the virus ?
      Absolutely!!!! Here is a really good video that puts the current COVID data in perspective that I would encourage you to watch that certainly supports what I am saying.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...el=IvorCummins

Comment

• Dr. Robert Redfield: "I am going to comment that as the CDC Director ... appeal for ALL Americans All individuals in our country to embrace these face coverings ... clear scientic evidence they work."

"...ALL Americans All individuals..."

...next.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Lucas Davies;n208275]
          Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

So the WHO and Fauci were worth citing when they supported what you believe, but as soon as they disagree, it's suddenly all a conspiracy and you should no longer listen to them. Interesting how you didn't respond to the fact that you basically just lied about what Fauci and the WHO said, but instead just immediately tried to discredit them as soon as it was shown that they actually don't agree with you. By the way, I provided some data that would change their though opinions on this. You just responded to it. It's right there.

In case you missed it, here are Redfield's current thoughts on masks: "I might even go so far as to say that this face mask is more guaranteed to protect me against Covid than when I take a Covid vaccine, because the immunogenicity may be 70%. And if I don't get an immune response, the vaccine is not going to protect me. This face mask will." He also said that masks are "the most important, powerful public health tool we have.” It truly speaks to the fact that you don't actually care about the truth that you simultaneously cite a Redfield quote that's months old, but at the same time ignore his current statements. I'm not bothered by his old statement; I'm bothered that you spread misinformation and lie about stuff that could cost people their lives.

Essentially all research papers will say in the discussion that more research is required; that's how science works: you provide and review the evidence, and then set up questions for further research. That in no way changes the fact that their conclusions are unequivocally that masks are effective. You're really grasping at straws to try to escape from the fact that the overwhelming scientific consensus disagrees with you.
          Neither of these two disagreed with their original statements, they qualified them. Secondly the quote you gave about Dr Redfiled does not contradict his original statement. Bottom line asymptomatic people with trace amounts of RNA vrial partilces in them do not spread the virus.. I would ask you this simple question, How do you expect a mask with a three micron space to provide protection against a virus that is .12 microns large? Effectively you are describing throwing sand at a chain link fence.

Comment

• Nope, sorry Sidney.

Here's the bottom line...

Dr. Robert Redfield: "I am going to comment that as the CDC Director ... appeal for ALL Americans All individuals in our country to embrace these face coverings ... clear scientic evidence they work."

...next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

Absolutely!!!! Here is a really good video that puts the current COVID data in perspective that I would encourage you to watch that certainly supports what I am saying.
              Some random authority's video. I noted that his chart seems to be to only Aug 13. Let us know when he has a chart incorporating the current wave.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Sid Belzberg;n208279]
                Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post

Neither of these two disagreed with their original statements, they qualified them. Secondly the quote you gave about Dr Redfiled does not contradict his original statement. Bottom line asymptomatic people with trace amounts of RNA vrial partilces in them do not spread the virus.. I would ask you this simple question, How do you expect a mask with a three micron space to provide protection against a virus that is .12 microns large? Effectively you are describing throwing sand at a chain link fence.

Here is a quick timeline:

Sid: Asymptomatic carriers of viral RNA do not spread COVID as per Dr. Fauci himself. Here is a video where he says this.
                Me: He actually didn't say that at all; he said that asymptomatic spread has never been the driver of outbreaks.
                Sid: He's been inconsistent on many issues since the start.

So no, according to your OWN SOURCE, he didn't say what you claimed, and has since strongly said the exact opposite. That is not "qualifying" his statement; that is saying something completely different from what you claimed he said both then and now.

In response to asking if healthy people should wear masks, Redfield initially said no. He's more recently said that masks are more guaranteed to protect him than a vaccine, and that they're the most important, powerful public health tool that we have. In July, he said that they're particularly effective when used universally. That is a COMPLETE contradiction. That is saying the EXACT OPPOSITE of what he initially said. Also, even in March he was saying that asymptomatic spread is very real, so he's disagreed with you on that for a long time now as well.

I'm not a doctor or a virologist; I have no idea as to the technical details of how the virus spreads. Fortunately, I have on hand three meta-analyses by people far better qualified than either of us that explores the fact that masks do indeed help prevent the spread of the virus:

https://www.acc.org/latest-in-cardio...ng-respiratory

https://www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journ...20)31142-9.pdf

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...651v1.full.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

As I already explained asymptomatic carriers do not spread the virus. This has been the position of both Dr. Fauci and the WHO. Mask are of zero use at this point. In any event 42 peer reviewed studies on the efficacy of masks in preventing the spread of a viral infection (not bacterial) shows they are not effective.

Question “should you wear a mask if your healthy?? REDFIELD “NO!!”

https://twitter.com/richardursomd/st...09056396021768
                  I'm a bit puzzled by some odd things in your twitter link. First, it's a tweet from Dr. Richard Urso, a Texas eye surgeon who is affiliated with the group America's Frontline Doctors. AFD gained some negative attention earlier this summer, as you'll no doubt recall, by recommending hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of covid-19. My recollection is that the group came across as being a bit sketchy.

Second, Urso's tweet contains a 5 second video where Dr. Redfield is apparently testifying before a House subcommittee and stating that healthy people need not wear masks. Presumably he's saying this in reference to covid-19 but that's not clear in the clip. Further, the clip has been altered.

And the third odd thing, in the clip Redfield seems to be giving testimony before the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Asia, the Pacific & Nonproliferation. In actual fact, Redfield testified, on Sept. 16, before the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Labor, HHS, & Education.

And here is the text from the Guardian article I linked to in an earlier post in this thread. Isn't it odd that Redfield's position with respect to masks is the opposite of what you're contending it is?

16:42
                  CDC director: Masks are 'more guaranteed to protect me against Covid' than vaccine

The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Dr Robert Redfield, suggested face masks may be even more effective than a coronavirus vaccine in limiting the spread of the virus.

While testifying before a Senate subcommittee, Redfield said, “These facemasks are the most important, powerful public health tool we have.”
                  NBC News(@NBCNews)

NEW: CDC Director Redfield to US Senate cmte.:

“These facemasks are the important, powerful public health tool we have ... I might even go so far as to say that this facemask is more guaranteed to protect me against COVID than when I take a COVID vaccine.” pic.twitter.com/7LJZ3U9xi1
                  September 16, 2020

The CDC director reiterated that the country could get the virus under control in a matter of weeks if Americans consistently wore face masks.

Redfield added, “I might even go so far as to say that this face mask is more guaranteed to protect me against Covid than when I take a Covid vaccine.”

Redfield explained that some Americans may not get an immune response from the coronavirus vaccine, while face masks have been shown to help limit the risk of contracting the virus for everyone.

The CDC director’s comments were even more extraordinary when compared to what the president said about face masks last night, during his ABC News town hall with voters.

“A lot of people don’t want to wear masks. There are a lot of people think that masks are not good,” Trump said. “The concept of a mask is good, but it also does ... you’re constantly touching it.”
                  Last edited by Peter McKillop; Thursday, 17th September, 2020, 01:02 AM.
                  "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                  "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                  "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• This an interesting interview with Dr Scott Atlas who along with Dr. Fauci is member of the US COVID19 task force clarifying that
                    indeed asymptomatic transmission is very rare and confirms the WHO's original and clarifying statement.
                    https://lbry.tv/@NoNewAbnormal:4/Dr....matic-spread:1

Comment

• I'm not sure I'm following all the intricacies here on the mask issue, but is this relevant?:

CDC Director Redfield to US Senate cmte.: “These facemasks are the most important, powerful public health tool we have ... I might even go so far as to say that this facemask is more guaranteed to protect me against COVID than when I take a COVID vaccine.”

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1306365748584108034

Bob A

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                        I'm not sure I'm following all the intricacies here on the mask issue, but is this relevant?:

CDC Director Redfield to US Senate cmte.: “These facemasks are the most important, powerful public health tool we have ... I might even go so far as to say that this facemask is more guaranteed to protect me against COVID than when I take a COVID vaccine.”

Bob A
                        I agree, Bob. Redfield's most recent comments should normally be treated as most relevant. However, there is outdated or trashy info being offered up as current and accurate and CHESSTALKERS ARE SPEAKING OUT DAMMIT!! I know this is behaviour not often seen at Chesstalk but.....(shrug).
                        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                          I'm not sure I'm following all the intricacies here on the mask issue, but is this relevant?:

Bob A
                          The main point I made with both Redfield and Dr. Fauci is that they have not been consistent on many points.One thing that has not changed on is that a healthy person does not need to wear a mask. The PCR tests set at a rate of 47 means that 90% of the cases are false postivies. The CDC latest data indicates that the probability of dying from COVID is .1 percent that is not much different than the flu. A healthy person below 60 has almost zero chance of dying from COVID19 as natural immunity takes care of the virus. We do not lockdown healthy people or wear masks for the flu!

More over here are several therapies that have worked well for early stage ( high risk patients ie patients with comorbidites or for the elderly. The strategy of sending a high risk patient home untreated and then only returning to the hospital when it is too late for anything to work is a huge mistake.Terrorizing people by claiming a mortality rate of 3.5% when it turned out to be not much different then the flu at .1 to .26 % is yet another mistake. Lockdowns and masks at this stage do not make any sense at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

I agree, Bob. Redfield's most recent comments should normally be treated as most relevant. However, there is outdated or trashy info being offered up as current and accurate and CHESSTALKERS ARE SPEAKING OUT DAMMIT!! I know this is behaviour not often seen at Chesstalk but.....(shrug).
                            The only part of that statement I would agree with is that the info from Redfiled and the CDC have been consistently "trashy" and inconsistent. Nothing to do with Redfiled showing new data showing that masks are suddenly important for healthy people to wear and everything to do with a pathetic attempt to prolong the pretext of a pandemic that at this point is effectively over.
                            At this point mask and lockdowns is fear mongering under the pretext that we have a second wave of infections based on tests that show asymptomatic carriers that do not drive an epidemic.

Here is Covid task force member Dr. Scott Atlas. Listen carefully.

https://lbry.tv/@NoNewAbnormal:4/Dr....matic-spread:1
                            Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Thursday, 17th September, 2020, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• This thread makes me think about all the people who Google for symptoms and discover they have some rare affliction or they think they have problem X.
                              Those people may or may not take that information to their doctor... Most doctors are not at all happy wasting their time explaining that Google Doctor is worthless.

Think about who you should take advice/direction from: someone with YEARS of medical training and perhaps many more years of experience
                              versus someone who write a blog about something or other.

...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                                ... CHESSTALKERS ARE SPEAKING OUT DAMMIT!! .....
                                And many of us appreciate that! Thanks also to Lucas!

Comment

Working...
                                X