COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys are very sad. I hope he and the first lady get well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
      You guys are very sad. I hope he and the first lady get well.
      Sad because they wonder whether Trump is lying?
      I hope they recover but I also hope he loses the election quite soundly - so soundly that he just goes away golfing.
      I will admit that one of my first thoughts was "is this a trick?"
      If he recovers reasonably quickly with mild symptoms,
      he might then trot out the 'hoax' proclamation again with (apparent) first hand knowledge... priceless.
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

I hope they recover but I also hope he loses the election quite soundly - so soundly that he just goes away golfing.
        he might then trot out the 'hoax' proclamation again with (apparent) first hand knowledge... priceless.
        Exactly, thank you Kerry.
        It would be very foolish to take anything at face value with this administration. Constant lying is what they do.

Trump just had a terrible debate and his polls were dropping. How will him getting COVID change things?
        I don't know. It would be scary to think he dies and becomes a martyr. Or he allegedly takes Clorox and has a miraculous recovery.

Let's see how everyone spins this today, then tomorrow, then next week. Do we get confirmation of any of it?

I would rather he remain healthy and go on to lose the election.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
          India 100,000+ deaths
          India's CFR -1.5 %
          Canada's- 6%
          India was well into the Pandemic before the Indian Medical authorities adapted HCQ and Ivermectin on a widespread basis. Fortunately they were able
          to squelch the case fatality rate early enough to be much lower than developed countries that enjoy much better sanitation and more advanced medical infrastructure.
          Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Friday, 2nd October, 2020, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

Exactly, thank you Kerry.
            It would be very foolish to take anything at face value with this administration. Constant lying is what they do.

Trump just had a terrible debate and his polls were dropping. How will him getting COVID change things?
            I don't know. It would be scary to think he dies and becomes a martyr. Or he allegedly takes Clorox and has a miraculous recovery.

Let's see how everyone spins this today, then tomorrow, then next week. Do we get confirmation of any of it?

I would rather he remain healthy and go on to lose the election.

Donald and Melania have refused to release their COVID-19 test diagnosis, claiming that they are "under audit".

Comment

Applications are being taken for the position of being the person to insert the UV light up the President's ass. You have documented evidence here on ChessTalk that you believe everything he says.

Comment

Hey Vlad, after the very public and shameful way in which Trump has mistreated and verbally abused so many people over the last five years, I don't think people should be criticized if they aren't moved to sympathy by his present plight. Trump is a fricking tool who took next to zero precautions to protect himself and the people around him. A man reaps what he sows.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-trump/616583/
                "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

Hey Vlad, after the very public and shameful way in which Trump has mistreated and verbally abused so many people over the last five years, I don't think people should be criticized if they aren't moved to sympathy by his present plight. Trump is a fricking tool who took next to zero precautions to protect himself and the people around him. A man reaps what he sows.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-trump/616583/
                  Great article from David Frum. Thanks Peter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

Thanks Kerry. Vlad, your "sad" accusation isn't right. Wouldn't you be relieved if he WASN'T actually infected? Anyway, I suggest wondering if this particular human is lying is really plausible lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

I wonder what folks' confidence level is that this is true. He's lied about everything else.
                      Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

I was wondering the same thing.
                      Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

I don't think people should be criticized if they aren't moved to sympathy by his present plight. Trump is a fricking tool who took next to zero precautions to protect himself and the people around him. A man reaps what he sows.
                      Stay classy.

Comment

• "Chris Wallace says Trump arrived too late to the debate to get tested and used the honor system." https://twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/1312134788573089792

Hmmmm

Comment

• This is how Trump responded to Hillary having pneumonia in 2016: https://twitter.com/KaivanShroff/sta...09448219705346

This is the same guy who said about McCain, "“He’s not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

When it comes to Trump and his supporters, it's rules for thee, but not for me. Every single time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

Stay classy.
                            Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

Taking second or third hand hearsay about Trump and his relationship with the Black community (or even his tax reports) is irrelevant at best ...very damaging at worst.

Trump is not a racist. And his team is not racist. Anything but.
                            Neil, here's an opportunity to read and learn.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...-forum/552533/
                            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                            "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

Neil, here's an opportunity to read and learn.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...-forum/552533/
                              I doubt either Trump or Biden are racists.
                              Trump administration helped Blacks economically at least until the Communist virus. Teach a man to fish, etc.
                              Trump has managed something not achieved since Jimmy Carter, at least thus far in Trump's administration. No new, pointless, endless wars.

Trump likes POC so much he tries to avoid killing them overseas, despite the outcry of neocon and neoliberal alike. He likes the military grunts so much he doesn't want them to die in foreign lands for pointless reasons. This last is more than enough reason to give him a second term.
                              Last edited by Tom O'Donnell; Friday, 2nd October, 2020, 07:48 PM.
                              "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

• The Atlantic ... LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X