COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
    Neil, since you are a fan, you might be interested in Tulsi Gabbard's tweets of September 28th.
    Too bad she isn't the Democrat candidate instead of Biden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
      Neil, since you are a fan, you might be interested in Tulsi Gabbard's tweets of September 28th.
      Perfect ... thanks:))))

"Congress needs to pass our bipartisan bill to ban ballot harvesting so no one can exploit our sacred right to vote."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1307067070283218952

Hope she runs again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

Lucas is full of something.

It was the Democrats that filibustered the equal rights act. That was much less than 150 years ago. It was Joe Biden who argued against integration of schools. It was Biden who said "You ain't black if you are not voting for me." Its the democrats that don't want to allow school choice which is the only hope for minority children to escape the cycle of poverty and pathetic schools that can't teach the basics of reading and writing. Its the democrats that preside over the most corrupt cities and states with the highest crime rates. I am sure that Rick Moranis will be jumpy whenever he sees a I love NY t-shirt or mask. It is California that lowered the age of consent to 14. You know it would be much easier to debunk the Q Anon posts if they would not continually provide fodder for them with measures like this and programs on Netflix like "Cuties".
        I never claimed that Democrats had a perfect record on anything. You were the one that said, "The democrats are the party of the KKK, slavery and every other racist policy that has been a part of the American experience." When I pointed out that Republicans tried to stop black people from voting in North and South Carolina, you just stopped responding.

In 1973 Biden said that he favoured school desegregation, but objected to "forced busing." It's quite curious to bring this up when the anti-busing amendment that Biden supported in 1975 was led by Jesse Helms, who was a Republican, and Nixon also opposed busing. The reason why more Republicans than Democrats supported the Civil Rights Act was because Democrats controlled more of the south at the time, which is no longer the case: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...f-civil-rights

Looks like you pulled a Biden and said "minority children" instead of "poor children," so I'm sure you'll be better able to emphasise with him now. I'm not sure how exactly school choice is their only hope regardless. If there are crappy schools and there's the option to go to better schools, then necessarily there will still be kids stuck in the crappy schools for whatever reason. School choice on its own doesn't just magically fix everything; it needs to be done properly. Biden has supported many aspects of school choice, and his proposed policy calls for "nearly tripling the Title 1 funding for aid to schools serving lower income neighborhoods and raising teacher pay."

Here are the top 10 states in the United States by violent crime rate, in order: Alaska, New Mexico, Tennessee, Arkansas, Nevada, Louisiana, Alabama, Missouri, South Carolina, and Arizona. Most of these are Republican states. The reason why the most violent cities are typically run by Democrats is because the largest cities tend to have more crime, and the largest cities tend to be run by Democrats. The FBI specifically cautions against viewing data in such simple terms: "These rough rankings provide no insight into the numerous variables that mould crime in a particular town, city, county, state, tribal area, or region . . . Consequently, they lead to simplistic and/or incomplete analyses that often create misleading perceptions adversely affecting communities and their residents."

California did not change the age of consent to 14; this is literally just a Republican talking point that can be debunked in 30 seconds of Googling. The recent bill only made so that a judge would have the same discretionary power as to whether or not to place a statutory rapist on the sex offender list in cases that "involve voluntary oral or anal sex." The age of consent in California is 18, and the law for judges to have this discretionary power in cases with minors between the age of 14-17 has been in place for heterosexual cases since 1944.

I'm not sure what exactly a French movie has to do with the Democrats, but okay. Is this like the conservative version of Orange Man Bad? You want to talk about how bad the Democrats are, so you just throw in a French movie for good measure?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Neil Frarey;n208738]
          Originally posted by Larry Castle View Post

Um, LOL, who's Trumo?

You Dem loving clowns are a hoot! Get a life ... stop the bullshit.

Trumo! ...sigh.
          I know how much you love it when people misspeak or mistype, so I'm sure you'll love this video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMtfAySJWJo

Comment

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities." - Bukowski
            OK boys! Vlad has invoked Bukowski. Time to simmer down.
            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
            "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

OK boys! Vlad has invoked Bukowski. Time to simmer down.
              So I had previously heard of the Charles Bukowski story, but it had somehow slipped down my list of things to look into. But when Vlad posted his quote, I really did a hard stop, because it was the first post on this thread in a very long time that practically everyone could conceivably agree on, and if they didn't, well it wouldn't lead to name-calling, etc. If you have some time, check out more of Bukowski's quotes, his life story, etc. There's a certain probable gut-attraction to his writings because he seems to "cut to the chase" more than most of us dare to in our often-semi-scripted lives?!

Here's one quote of his, that in the context of these hyper-political posts, made me LAUGH OUT LOUD, enjoy:

“The problem was you had to keep choosing between one evil or another, and no matter what you chose, they sliced a little bit more off you, until there was nothing left. At the age of 25 most people were finished. A whole goddamned nation of assholes driving automobiles, eating, having babies, doing everything in the worst way possible, like voting for the presidential candidate who reminded them most of themselves.”

P.S. absolutely NO OFFENCE intended with this post, I just hope others enjoy laughing at themselves like I did!

Comment

• P.S. if someone has a great Bukowksi biography, I would be interested in the recommendation, thanks (to buy it myself)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
                  Looks like you pulled a Biden and said "minority children" instead of "poor children," so I'm sure you'll be better able to emphasise with him now.
                  I can emphasize that Biden is a man that sounds like a racist with every address to people of colour. He has stated that he is against school choice although it is possible that he said the opposite at some point.

I'm not sure how exactly school choice is their only hope regardless. If there are crappy schools and there's the option to go to better schools, then necessarily there will still be kids stuck in the crappy schools for whatever reason.
                  Public schools are the domain of teacher's unions who are more interested and capable of indoctrination than teaching essential skills like reading, writing and arithmetic. This is why Biden is against school choice. It breaks the teachers' unions and they are an important constituency of the democrat party.

California did not change the age of consent to 14; this is literally just a Republican talking point that can be debunked in 30 seconds of Googling.
                  No one uses google anymore unless they want biased results. Duckduckgo is the search engine for those who want to know the truth and don't want to be censored or tracked by the social justice warriors and google.

The recent bill only made so that a judge would have the same discretionary power as to whether or not to place a statutory rapist on the sex offender list in cases that "involve voluntary oral or anal sex."
                  Thank you for admitting that the new law allows statutory rapists to avoid being placed on the sex offender list where they belong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
                    P.S. if someone has a great Bukowksi biography, I would be interested in the recommendation, thanks (to buy it myself)
                    The Linda King biography is first-hand and gives a good window into his crazy life. Barry Miles also gives great insight into the chaos. The Howard Sounes biography which was mostly interviews of people after Bukowski had died is also enjoyable but your best bet is just to read his poems and stories and books which are "94% autobiographical" according to Bukowski.

Comment

The Linda King biography is first-hand and gives a good window into his crazy life. Barry Miles also gives great insight into the chaos. The Howard Sounes biography which was mostly interviews of people after Bukowski had died is also enjoyable but your best bet is just to read his poems and stories and books which are "94% autobiographical" according to Bukowski.
                      Thanks. Have you heard about this one at all:

Bukowski, A Life: The Centennial Edition Paperback – July 28 2020
                      by Neeli Cherkovski

Comment

I can emphasize that Biden is a man that sounds like a racist with every address to people of colour. He has stated that he is against school choice although it is possible that he said the opposite at some point.

Public schools are the domain of teacher's unions who are more interested and capable of indoctrination than teaching essential skills like reading, writing and arithmetic. This is why Biden is against school choice. It breaks the teachers' unions and they are an important constituency of the democrat party.

No one uses google anymore unless they want biased results. Duckduckgo is the search engine for those who want to know the truth and don't want to be censored or tracked by the social justice warriors and google.

Thank you for admitting that the new law allows statutory rapists to avoid being placed on the sex offender list where they belong.
                        The whole "public schools are indoctrinating our kids!" thing is just more conspiracy nonsense.

Google is the most used site site on the planet, and it certainly would have helped prevent you from making a blatantly erroneous claim.

As I said, the law's been in place since 1944 for heterosexual cases. If it's so bad, why didn't Republicans change it? The state leaned Republican for 30 years after the law was put in place, so they certainly had ample opportunit.

Comment

• In a shocking turn of events, it's now reported that the raw footage of the Project Veritas video shows a completely different story than what they claimed, and the subject is saying that he was offered a bribe to say that he was collecting ballots for Ilhan Omar: https://www.fox9.com/news/subject-of...-offered-bribe

"It is clear from the raw video, obtained by FOX 9, that Liban Osman was working for his brother’s campaign. Liban Osman admits the Project Veritas video footage looks incriminating, but he said the group deliberately left the full context on the cutting room floor. Project Veritas used two separate videos he posted on Snapchat while driving in his car to make it appear as if he was illegally picking up ballots and offering money for votes, he said."

"In a second report from Project Veritas, surreptitiously recorded video shows a man receiving $200 in “pocket money” in exchange for his agreement to vote for Ilhan Omar. But two sources tell the FOX 9 Investigators the man is a relative of Omar Jamal, and that during the encounter outside Cedar Riverside Apartments, it is Jamal who is handing the man $200 which was intended for the family of a sick relative in Somalia."

"For his part, Omar Jamal has used his appearance in the Project Veritas reports to raise nearly $30,000. In an interview with Somali American TV, he reportedly backtracked on claims he witnessed cash being exchanged for ballots."

It's almost like every single other Project Veritas video where they lie, deliberately leave out context, and deceptively edit the video to create a false narrative! Who could have seen this coming?

Tulsi Gabbard has now apologised for referencing this: https://twitter.com/tulsigabbard/sta...267756544?s=21
                          Last edited by Lucas Davies; Tuesday, 6th October, 2020, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
                            In a shocking turn of events, it's now reported that the raw footage of the Project Veritas video shows a completely different story than what they claimed, and the subject is saying that he was offered a bribe to say that he was collecting ballots for Ilhan Omar: https://www.fox9.com/news/subject-of...-offered-bribe

"It is clear from the raw video, obtained by FOX 9, that Liban Osman was working for his brother’s campaign. Liban Osman admits the Project Veritas video footage looks incriminating, but he said the group deliberately left the full context on the cutting room floor. Project Veritas used two separate videos he posted on Snapchat while driving in his car to make it appear as if he was illegally picking up ballots and offering money for votes, he said."

"In a second report from Project Veritas, surreptitiously recorded video shows a man receiving $200 in “pocket money” in exchange for his agreement to vote for Ilhan Omar. But two sources tell the FOX 9 Investigators the man is a relative of Omar Jamal, and that during the encounter outside Cedar Riverside Apartments, it is Jamal who is handing the man $200 which was intended for the family of a sick relative in Somalia."

"For his part, Omar Jamal has used his appearance in the Project Veritas reports to raise nearly $30,000. In an interview with Somali American TV, he reportedly backtracked on claims he witnessed cash being exchanged for ballots."

It's almost like every single other Project Veritas video where they lie, deliberately leave out context, and deceptively edit the video to create a false narrative! Who could have seen this coming?

Tulsi Gabbard has now apologised for referencing this: https://twitter.com/tulsigabbard/sta...267756544?s=21
                            WOW, thanks for that!!!

First time I've ever seen someone deny committing a crime.

HA!

:))))

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

WOW, thanks for that!!!

First time I've ever seen someone deny committing a crime.

HA!

:))))
                              "Project Veritas have lied and deceptively edited their videos many times in the past in situations like this, but this time they're probably telling the truth!"

The "Republicans are absolutely never going to start taking this pandemic seriously" news just keeps rolling in. After returning from the hospital, Trump quickly took his mask off for a photo op and tweeted that people shouldn't be scared of COVID and that he feels better than he did 20 years ago. Today he again compared COVID to the flu, said that in most populations COVID is far less lethal than the flu, and implied that we should just "learn to live with it" like we have with the flu. Yes, he actually said, "No, we have learned to live with it, just like we are learning to live with Covid, in most populations far less lethal!!!"

A New York Times reporter who is one of multiple White House reporters to have tested positive, has said that the White House is doing absolutely no contact tracing and hasn't even bothered to contact him to ask where he's been and who else he may have infected: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/05/media...ist/index.html

Meanwhile, in an interview on Fox News, Rudy Giuliani took the opportunity to attack Biden for... wearing a mask: https://www.thedailybeast.com/rudy-g...-mask-advocacy

This is all in spite of the fact that Trump was visibly having difficulty breathing, and the doctor at the press conference refused to answer questions about damage to Trump's lungs. It's all very reminiscent of Herman Cain: he made light of COVID, refused to social distance or wear a mask at a Trump rally, and even after he actually died of COVID, conservatives used his Twitter account to claim that COVID is "not as deadly" as the "mainstream media" would have you believe.

I know that this all seems pretty bad, but it should also be noted that 8 months ago Trump restricted travel from China, so none of this really matters. He did that one thing, so I think it's fair that we give him and other Republicans a pass on everything else.
                              Last edited by Lucas Davies; Tuesday, 6th October, 2020, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAZf...ProjectVeritas

O'Keefe has responded. I look forward to learning what actually happened. I don't know what is the truth, but it's pretty clear police and lawyers will be involved. Thanks for the update.
                                "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X