COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread started with a quite reasonable premise - asking what we as chessplayers are all doing to cope during the current pandemic.

Within 10 posts it turned to how the US is dealing with the pandemic. Within 20 it became a critism of Trump. We are now at over 1000 posts with people on this message board now being called fascist pigs who should be gotten rid of. It is out of control.

This thread should be locked, at the very least edited and hate messaging on all sides deleted.

This is why moderators are needed on a message board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post

And how would you like to do that?
      He'd make them read Ayn Rand and they'd die of boredom. :)
      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
      "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

Sigh ... those are the same cages that Obama & Biden built. Good to read that you approve of Trump's recycling policy.

MICHELLE OBAMA, on Americans: “They watch in horror as children are torn from their families and thrown into cages."
        THE FACTS: The reference to cages is misleading and a matter that Democrats have persistently distorted.
        Trump used facilities that were built during the Obama-Biden administration to house children at the border.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...-kids-in-cages

Don't let that bother you Peter ... your kind are on a mission :))))

...next.

More reading!!! This one is from The New England Journal of Medicine. By the way, just in case there's any doubt, Larry Castle does not speak for me.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2029812
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Sigh ... those are the same cages that Obama & Biden built. Good to read that you approve of Trump's recycling policy.

MICHELLE OBAMA, on Americans: “They watch in horror as children are torn from their families and thrown into cages."
          THE FACTS: The reference to cages is misleading and a matter that Democrats have persistently distorted.
          Trump used facilities that were built during the Obama-Biden administration to house children at the border.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...-kids-in-cages

Don't let that bother you Peter ... your kind are on a mission :))))

...next.

And from the same article you've quoted comes this:

"The former first lady was correct, however, in addressing the removal of children from parents at the border.

The Obama administration separated migrant children from families under certain limited circumstances, like when the child’s safety appeared at risk or when the parent had a serious criminal history.

But family separations as a matter of routine came about because of Trump’s “zero tolerance” enforcement policy, which he eventually suspended because of the uproar. Obama had no such policy."

Seems to me that you're the guy on a mission.

___

Comment

• Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
            This thread started with a quite reasonable premise - asking what we as chessplayers are all doing to cope during the current pandemic.

Within 10 posts it turned to how the US is dealing with the pandemic. Within 20 it became a critism of Trump. We are now at over 1000 posts with people on this message board now being called fascist pigs who should be gotten rid of. It is out of control.

This thread should be locked, at the very least edited and hate messaging on all sides deleted.

This is why moderators are needed on a message board.

Hi Garlz, I agree about the hate messaging. Those fascist pigs (and referencing the dark days of Germany in general) by Larry Castle disturbed me too. Vicious stuff. He and his kind are on a mission ...at ...all ...costs ...sigh. Just like burning a city?

Give him a chance to retract and apologize.

And as for the thread's political content ... I view them as part & parcel of how we cope. Political leaders are as much ... or more ... part of this COVID-19 conversation as anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

"The former first lady was correct, however, in addressing the removal of children from parents at the border.

The Obama administration separated migrant children from families under certain limited circumstances, like when the child’s safety appeared at risk or when the parent had a serious criminal history.

But family separations as a matter of routine came about because of Trump’s “zero tolerance” enforcement policy, which he eventually suspended because of the uproar. Obama had no such policy."

___

So, you're OK with kids being thrown into cages by Obama & Biden? Ripped from their moms and dads?

That just figures ... THEY ... started it! So it's good, huh?

You'll leverage the kids to use against Trump ...but not to use against Obama & Biden?!?

No shame in your game ...sigh.

And I don't even want to know what you think about late term abortion.

Comment

___
                Millions of children around the world have no proof of birth. It is dangerous to assume that just because an adult - particularly one who already has knowingly broken the law by illegally entering a country - has a child with them, and claims the child is theirs, that this should be taken at face value. Even if the adult and child are related, how would the US government know that this child hasn't been taken by an angry spouse, for example? Even in Canada there are parents with marital issues kidnapping children and taking them to foreign countries.
                "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post

Millions of children around the world have no proof of birth. It is dangerous to assume that just because an adult - particularly one who already has knowingly broken the law by illegally entering a country - has a child with them, and claims the child is theirs, that this should be taken at face value. Even if the adult and child are related, how would the US government know that this child hasn't been taken by an angry spouse, for example? Even in Canada there are parents with marital issues kidnapping children and taking them to foreign countries.
                  What you say is logical but I question whether the routine seperation of children and the adults who are accompanying them (who may very well be their parents) is a satisfactory answer. The routine seperations promoted by the Trump administration were premised on discouraging migrants from crossing the border by the threat of losing their children. The Trump administration is not really interested in finding a long-term solution to the problem of illegal immigration. That would take hard work and money.

Comment

So, you're OK with kids being thrown into cages by Obama & Biden? Ripped from their moms and dads?

That just figures ... THEY ... started it! So it's good, huh?

You'll leverage the kids to use against Trump ...but not to use against Obama & Biden?!?

No shame in your game ...sigh.

And I don't even want to know what you think about late term abortion.

One of these days I'll learn to take my own advice.

Comment

One of these days I'll learn to take my own advice.
                      Ha! You & me both!

:))))

Comment

• Karen Pence ignores rules and removes her mask at debate: https://nationalpost.com/news/karen-...onavirus-rules

Top Trump aide holds a 70-person indoor wedding with people neither wearing masks nor social distancing for his daughter, despite gatherings of 10 or more people being banned in Atlanta if they could not be at least 6 feet apart: https://www.ajc.com/politics/top-whi...JNC52WXR7EWIY/

Trump Jr. holds crowded indoor rally where next to nobody can be seen wearing a mask: https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald...id-19-outbreak

Even McConnell says he's been avoiding the White House for two months now because of their lack of COVID protocols: "I haven't actually been to the White House since August the 6th because my impression was their approach to how to handle this is different from mine and what I insisted that we do in the Senate, which is to wear a mask and practice social distancing."

It just never ends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
                          Karen Pence ignores rules and removes her mask at debate: https://nationalpost.com/news/karen-...onavirus-rules

Top Trump aide holds a 70-person indoor wedding with people neither wearing masks nor social distancing for his daughter, despite gatherings of 10 or more people being banned in Atlanta if they could not be at least 6 feet apart: https://www.ajc.com/politics/top-whi...JNC52WXR7EWIY/

Trump Jr. holds crowded indoor rally where next to nobody can be seen wearing a mask: https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald...id-19-outbreak

Even McConnell says he's been avoiding the White House for two months now because of their lack of COVID protocols: "I haven't actually been to the White House since August the 6th because my impression was their approach to how to handle this is different from mine and what I insisted that we do in the Senate, which is to wear a mask and practice social distancing."

It just never ends.
                          Lucas, respectfully, all this discussion about masks social distancing and even lockdowns and not just in the case of DJT, but in general is going down the wrong rabbit hole. This thread is about COVID19 and how we cope. So allow me to redirect this thread into a discussion about how to cope with COVID!9. I can tell you that the research I did directly resulted in three lives being saved of those around me that contracted COVID that were in the high risk category (severe comorbidities and elderly).

The virus in its early stages is easily treatable. Not just COVID but in general the Corona family of RNA virues including the Seasonal flu are treatable.

One of the greatest crimes against humanity in history is the following statement by the Dr. Fauci led NIH on their website even now.

Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis
                          "The COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel (the Panel) recommends against the use of any agents for SARS-CoV-2 pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), except in a clinical trial (AIII)."

In fact Zinc, viytamin C, vitamin d3 combined with antivirals including Ivermectin, Quercetin, EGCG , and even the infamous Hydroxy Chloroquine all have proven to be very effective in treating CORONA viruses on early on set of symptoms. All of these antivirals have on e thing in common. They raise the PH of the cells and disrupt endosomic acidification that RNA virsuses rely upon. They also allow the entry of Zinc ions into the cell that inhibits the RNA polemerase from viral RNA replication. Additionally Zinc ions are known to be signalers of T-cells that are a vital component of our immune system.

These various treatments have proven to be effective not only prophylactically but also within the first several days of on set of symptoms not just for COVID but any flu virus.

So folks, if you go to any vitamin store and buy Quercetin 500 mg pills, zinc 50 mg, vitamin d3 , vitamin c and take this combo on early symptoms of a cold/flu/COVID you likely will still be sick for a few days but within that time you will clear out the virus and by day 4/ day 5 you will feel very achy muscles

This is inflammation caused by your immune system reacting to dead viral debris that can be alleviated by common anti-inflammatories such as Ib-profin. The good news is that the virus will not progress to a more severe and fatal outcome.

This approach is nothing new and has been known for at least a decade or more. So the action that needs to be taken even in this upcoming flu season is to administer immune system boosting compounds to the elder care facilities ASAP for prophylactic use and on the onset of early symptoms. This is where the vast majority of fatalities happened and will continue to happen and that is the group that needs to be protected.

The odds of a healthy person under the age of 70 succumbing to COVID is slim to none. If you do feel cold/flu like symptoms all things be equal the above approach to early treatment will allow you to got thorough this unscathed. I am very sure if you consult your physician about taking the above immune boosting supplements they will not object.

I am very ashamed of the behavior of a large swath of the scientific community that together with many govt institutions have been corrupted by big pharmaceutical companies in their pursuit of promoting their flu vaccine (now called COVID vaccine) business. They have discouraged individuals from boosting their own immune systems. Worst is they have misled govts around the world and instilled panic.

Lockdowns, masks, vaccines etc for an easily treatable virus on onset of early symptoms is insanity. In earlier posts i have shown physical evidence of how the number of so called infections have been exaggerated by overly sensitive PCR tests that generally detect trace viral RNA from non infectious particles and this is another manifestation of big -pharma justifying the need for a a vaccine and holding the world hostage with masks and lockdowns until that happens.

Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Friday, 9th October, 2020, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

One of the greatest crimes against humanity in history is the following statement by the Dr. Fauci led NIH on their website even now.

Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis
                            "The COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel (the Panel) recommends against the use of any agents for SARS-CoV-2 pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), except in a clinical trial (AIII)."

Context always helps understanding. The above was issued by NIH on August 27. A lot can change in six weeks. In the same announcement NIH said this:

Rationale

At present, there is no known agent that can be administered before exposure to SARS-CoV-2 (i.e., as PrEP) to prevent infection. Clinical trials are investigating several agents, including emtricitabine plus tenofovir alafenamide or tenofovir disoproxil fumarate, hydroxychloroquine, and supplements such as zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin D. Studies of monoclonal antibodies that target SARS-CoV-2 are in development. Please check ClinicalTrials.gov for the latest information.

Sounds like a safe, conservative approach.

"One of the greatest crimes against humanity in history...?" Again, context. Can you name a couple of other crimes against humanity which, iyo, are in the same class as Fauci and the NIH? Seriously. I'm not trying to be facetious.

And why are you so riled up about this? Aren't you the guy who said this on September 17?:

"In short the pandemic is over and lockdowns and masks at this point are not based on science."

If it's over, it's over(?).
                            Last edited by Peter McKillop; Friday, 9th October, 2020, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Context always helps understanding. The above was issued by NIH on August 27. A lot can change in six weeks. In the same announcement NIH said this:

Rationale

At present, there is no known agent that can be administered before exposure to SARS-CoV-2 (i.e., as PrEP) to prevent infection. Clinical trials are investigating several agents, including emtricitabine plus tenofovir alafenamide or tenofovir disoproxil fumarate, hydroxychloroquine, and supplements such as zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin D. Studies of monoclonal antibodies that target SARS-CoV-2 are in development. Please check ClinicalTrials.gov for the latest information.

Sounds like a safe, conservative approach.

"One of the greatest crimes against humanity in history...?" Again, context. Can you name a couple of other crimes against humanity which, iyo, are in the same class as Fauci and the NIH? Seriously. I'm not trying to be facetious.

And why are you so riled up about this? Aren't you the guy who said this on September 17?:

"In short the pandemic is over and lockdowns and masks at this point are not based on science."

If it's over, it's over(?).
                              "Sounds like a safe, conservative approach." It is murder and the results speak for themselves, not safe , not conservative, simply murder.
                              We had 200000 deaths that were mostly avoidable. Quercetin Zinc D3 and vitamin c are FDA approved supplements and approved in Canada as well. Also peoples livelihoods have been destroyed and humanity as been tormented with school closures lockdowns and masks for an easily treatable virus.
                              The crime is three fold
                              1) No Govt or agency should ever interfere with a Dr patient relationship when it comes to prescribing approved treatments off label
                              2)They discouraged people from boosting their immune systems instead sending them home untreated to self isolate and returning to the hospital when it is too late
                              3)Not treating patients in nursing homes on early onset of symptoms is murder. The few places in America that did treat early had no deaths.

"And why are you so riled up about this? Aren't you the guy who said this on September 17?:

"In short the pandemic is over and lockdowns and masks at this point are not based on science.
                              If it's over, it's over(?)"

I still stand by that statement. We have a "case demic" where we are testing people for trace RNA from non infectious dead viral particles. We don't even know what type of virus the trace RNA is from. It could be any RNA virus COVID, FLU, even a Cold virus.

We do have flu season coming up and that is what I am riled up about. Administering zinc ionophores prophylactically or on early on set of symptoms will prevent flu deaths in the elderly.

This is a crime that has been ongoing for years not just with COVID but the Flu as well and it needs to stop.
                              Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Friday, 9th October, 2020, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

I still stand by that statement. We have a "case demic" where we are testing people for trace RNA from non infectious dead viral particles.
                                Corticosteroids and anticoagulants (when appropriate) are now saving lives...but on an average, about 2% of cases continue to die of the disease...unfortunately the pandemic continues...

Comment

Working...
                                X