COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
    Trump's getting destroyed in the polls and he's saying all sorts of crazy stuff about COVID? Quick, someone bring up Hillary! Trump's definitely going to get her this time, just like he promised in 2016! Oh wait, but then he won, said that the Clintons are "good people," and didn't do anything. Really makes you think, doesn't it?
    Very nice of Justin Trudeau .... he sent a get well card to Trump.

He even signed it with a personal message, which was only 2 words:

"Stay Positive!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post

Corticosteroids and anticoagulants (when appropriate) are now saving lives...but on an average, about 2% of cases continue to die of the disease...unfortunately the pandemic continues...
      No, Corticoseroids are used very late stage as an anti-inflammatory very late stage after the immune system is reacting to dead viruses and antivirals are no longer effective causing a cytokine storm.
      According to the CDC’s data, the survival rate for COVID-19 is as follows:
      0-19: 99.997%
      20-49: 99.98%
      50-69: 99.5%
      70 & over: 94.6%
      Life expectancy in the USA per CDC: 78.7 (2018)

Roughly 12 % of US citizens are over 70 years so 5.4 % of 12 = .648 giving us .648% of people that die of the disease. Noteworthy is that under 70 almost no one dies from the disease and average age of death is 78.

Furthermore this infection fatality rate is far lower in countries that treat patients prophylactically and in outpatient setting have even lower rates. For example Indias IFR is .10 %.

World Wide :
      WHO reports that approximately 10% of the world has been infected with SARS-CoV-2. This means about 780 million people have been infected. COVID-19 deaths worldwide = 1 million. Calculated Infection Fatality Rate (IFR) = 1M/780M = 0.13%

https://apnews.com/article/virus-out...3497691e796083

Your 2% number is months and months out of date! .13% Infection fatality rate is even less than the seasonal flu. it does not mean we will not see COVID
      deaths but it is no longer a pandemic.

Unfortunately the Govt is interfering in Dr' patient relationship to prescribe approved treatments off label else we would have even lower fatality rates and effectively end any notion whatsoever of a so called pandemic. As it is .13 %
      Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Saturday, 10th October, 2020, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Karen Pence ignores rules and removes her mask at debate: https://nationalpost.com/news/karen-...onavirus-rules

Top Trump aide holds a 70-person indoor wedding with people neither wearing masks nor social distancing for his daughter, despite gatherings of 10 or more people being banned in Atlanta if they could not be at least 6 feet apart: https://www.ajc.com/politics/top-whi...JNC52WXR7EWIY/

Trump Jr. holds crowded indoor rally where next to nobody can be seen wearing a mask: https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald...id-19-outbreak

Even McConnell says he's been avoiding the White House for two months now because of their lack of COVID protocols: "I haven't actually been to the White House since August the 6th because my impression was their approach to how to handle this is different from mine and what I insisted that we do in the Senate, which is to wear a mask and practice social distancing."

It just never ends.

And then we have Harris/Biden saying that there would be NO PUNISHMENT for those who don't wear a face mask ... LOL!

So what's the point of the Harris/Biden national face mask mandate?

Posturing ... plain and simple.

And you fell for it ... again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

And then we have Harris/Biden saying that there would be NO PUNISHMENT for those who don't wear a face mask ... LOL!

So what's the point of the Harris/Biden national face mask mandate?

Posturing ... plain and simple.

And you fell for it ... again.
          I'm not sure what exactly I fell for. The point is to encourage people to wear masks, which Biden has consistently done, while Trump and other Republicans consistently ignore the rules and even mock Biden for wearing a mask whenever possible. Here's yet another one from just a few days ago: https://twitter.com/tomilahren/statu...12828670046208

It's very bizarre how you seem to agree how important masks and social distancing are, yet instead of just agreeing that this is egregious behaviour, you keep responding with this whataboutism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larry Castle View Post
            Yes, our mission is to rid the world of lying, scumbag, fascist pigs like Trump and your kind.
            That could be construed as a death threat. It is also a defamatory statement that could potentially leave the proprietor of this board open to a very large judgement in Canadian courts. I don't expect that you have any assets but the proprietor probably does.

Comment

I'm not sure what exactly I fell for. The point is to encourage people to wear masks, which Biden has consistently done, while Trump and other Republicans consistently ignore the rules and even mock Biden for wearing a mask whenever possible. Here's yet another one from just a few days ago: https://twitter.com/tomilahren/statu...12828670046208

It's very bizarre how you seem to agree how important masks and social distancing are, yet instead of just agreeing that this is egregious behaviour, you keep responding with this whataboutism.
              I personally feel that it is incredibly important to use all the tools we have at our disposal to defeat this stealthy virus.

But what's the difference between Trump talking about folks wearing a face mask as an option ... and Harris/Biden not enforcing a their own face mask mandate???

Um, not much.

Right?

Except for the fact that Trump leaves it up to the Individual and Harris/Biden posture with an unenforcable mandate. When did Trump say wearing a face mask was useless??? I mean ... when did actually say that??? Huh?

Trump actually said ...

“When you’re living your life and trying to open up the country, you are going to come into contact with people. And for that reason, we know that masks are really important, and we should be using them everywhere,”

Trump left it up to the each & everyone to make up their own mind and do what they feel is right. Meanwhile we have Harris/Biden yak about a face mask mandate ... and NEVER enforcing their own mandate!!!

So who's right?

Trump Admin who advocates the wearing of a face mask ... Harris/Biden who advocates the wearing of a face mask?

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Saturday, 10th October, 2020, 12:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

That could be construed as a death threat. It is also a defamatory statement that could potentially leave the proprietor of this board open to a very large judgement in Canadian courts. I don't expect that you have any assets but the proprietor probably does.
                +1 ... I'd nuke his account.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

I personally feel that it is incredibly important to use all the tools we have at our disposal to defeat this stealthy virus.

But what's the difference between Trump talking about folks wearing a face mask as an option ... and Harris/Biden not enforcing a their own face mask mandate???

Um, not much.

Right?

Except for the fact that Trump leaves it up to the Individual and Harris/Biden posture with an unenforcable mandate. When did Trump say wearing a face mask was useless??? I mean ... when did actually say that??? Huh?

Trump actually said ...

“When you’re living your life and trying to open up the country, you are going to come into contact with people. And for that reason, we know that masks are really important, and we should be using them everywhere,”

Trump left it up to the each & everyone to make up their own mind and do what they feel is right. Meanwhile we have Harris/Biden yak about a face mask mandate ... and NEVER enforcing their own mandate!!!

So who's right?

Trump Admin who advocates the wearing of a face mask ... Harris/Biden who advocates the wearing of a face mask?
                  I've posted a bunch of examples of Trump, his family, and other Republicans not wearing masks in situations where they're supposed to, mocking Biden for wearing a mask, ignoring social distancing rules, etc. This is in addition to safety concerns within the White House from McConnell as well as others, and the fact that Trump refused to be photographed wearing a mask until July.. Saying that you advocate for social distancing and wearing masks is meaningless when your actions show otherwise.

I don't think that my criticisms are unreasonable. Wear a mask when you're supposed to. Don't have large indoor gatherings where everyone's packed together. Don't mock other people for wearing a mask. Follow the guidelines set by health professionals. It's a very low bar that I'm asking for, and I'd expect most reasonable people to be able to meet it, let alone some of the most powerful on the planet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

World Wide :
                    WHO reports that approximately 10% of the world has been infected with SARS-CoV-2. This means about 780 million people have been infected. COVID-19 deaths worldwide = 1 million. Calculated Infection Fatality Rate (IFR) = 1M/780M = 0.13%
                    Sid, using the COVID19 tested deaths in the numerator and an estimate in the denominator is fake mathematics. Whether you use 'tested cases' or 'estimates' in both the numerator and denominator, COVID19 is at least 10 times more deadly than the 'flu'....and unfortunately, the pandemic continues....

Comment

Sid, using the COVID19 tested deaths in the numerator and an estimate in the denominator is fake mathematics. Whether you use 'tested cases' or 'estimates' in both the numerator and denominator, COVID19 is at least 10 times more deadly than the 'flu'....and unfortunately, the pandemic continues....
                      Since when was an IFR "fake mathematics". Tested "cases" being defined as a PCR test that set at an amplification rate of 37+ when it is known that you are detecting nothing but trace viral RNA from non infectious dead viral debris at an amplification rate above 30. Hospital admissions and deaths are now very low compared to March-June, The only thing we have right now is a "case demic" using fake metrics via an overly sensitive PCR test. The pandemic is over and has been for some time.
                      Please explain to me the rationale of sending early high risk patients home untreated to self isolate and return to the hospital when it is too late. Early prophylactic treatment or on onset of symptoms would have saved thousands of lives of elderly people in nursing homes that account for 81% of COVID deaths in Canada. What we witnessed was an exercise in eldercide!
                      Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Saturday, 10th October, 2020, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Since when was an IFR "fake mathematics". Tested "cases" being defined as a PCR test that set at an amplification rate of 37+ when it is known that you are detecting nothing but trace viral RNA from non infectious dead viral debris at an amplification rate above 30. Hospital admissions and deaths are now very low compared to March-June, The only thing we have right now is a "case demic" using fake metrics via an overly sensitive PCR test.
                        Even with an 'overly sensitive' PCR, the world's case fatality rate is almost 2%....wouldn't it be much higher if the PCR was not as sensitive?

Comment

Even with an 'overly sensitive' PCR, the world's case fatality rate is almost 2%....wouldn't it be much higher if the PCR was not as sensitive?
                          No, the IFR is NOW .14 %. During the height of the pandemic an overly sensitive PCR test would have mostly valid cases hence a higher IFR 2% At the tail end a pandemic overly sensitve PCR has mostly false positive hence a much lower IFR ie .14%. At the tail end you are detecting people who successfully fought off the virus via tcells hence you are only detecting dead viral debris. Result much lower hospital admissions despite detection of more "cases". By lowering the PCR amplification rate to 30 you would get very few positives and end the unjustified restrictions placed on Canadians.
                          I am still very interested to hear your rationale to the second question I posed.
                          Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Saturday, 10th October, 2020, 10:27 AM.

Comment

I am still very interested to hear your rationale to the second question I posed.
                            Personally, I would not leave the high risk patients 'untreated'.... just like the President of the USA did get treated even before his condition deteriorated and had to be started on corticosteroids...but admitting all of them to the hospital is not practical as there are not enough hospital beds, and the treatments are possible as an 'outpatient'....

Comment

In support of Dilip here:

And Worldometer has the death rate for CLOSED cases at 4% (albeit it's been dropping as death rates did stabilize since the first wave)

29,003,105 Cases which had an outcome:
                              27,929,455 (96%) Recovered / Discharged
                              1,073,650 (4%) Deaths

But with allegedly lotsa false positives, then it'd be more than 4% (I suspect it's much harder to have false deaths than false positives)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

In support of Dilip here:

And Worldometer has the death rate for CLOSED cases at 4% (albeit it's been dropping as death rates did stabilize since the first wave)

29,003,105 Cases which had an outcome:
                                27,929,455 (96%) Recovered / Discharged
                                1,073,650 (4%) Deaths

But with allegedly lotsa false positives, then it'd be more than 4% (I suspect it's much harder to have false deaths than false positives)
                                No not at all. As per the CDC director the US hospital system was financially incentivized to attribute as many deaths as possible to COVID that has grossly distorted the numbers.
                                Furthermore basing the IFR involving numbers from the peak of the pandemic is meaningless. What matters is the IFR now, not past numbers. Knowing the growth of Infection rate growth versus numbers of deaths now is what matters. The WHO estimate of the IFR now is .14%. The "fake mathematics" is including numbers from the peak of the pandemic.

Here is a gruesome documentary by a whistle blower nurse with undercover video footage at the Elmhurst hospital in New York that shows how COVID deaths were faked and even created via murder. Remember, once someone is on a ventilator they have a 1 in 5 chance of getting off of it alive. Here non COVID patients were placed on ventilators killed and then the death was attributed to COVID. Hospitals received 39K if a patients was put on a ventilator versus 13K if they were just a COVID patient.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIDsKdeFOmQ&t=1369s
                                Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Saturday, 10th October, 2020, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X