COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lorne Y View Post

Its possible Twitter is buggy. Been on/off today. I think you did not delete posts. I am wrong. I apologize for accusing you of deleting posts on internet (crime against humanity) and only accuse you of posting insane conspriacy theory about Bill Gates working with CCP to commit global eugenics plan (normal post to make on internet )
    i do not accept your apologies. You have yet to identify yourself and you are clearly here to harass. You continue to misattribute statements to me "Bill Gates working with CCP to commit global eugenics plan"".
    I hope Dark Knight deletes your profile soon. .
    Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Thursday, 15th October, 2020, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
      You continue to misattribute statements to me "Bill Gates working with CCP to commit global eugenics plan"" .
      This will go down in history as one of the greatest crimes against humanity history has ever known. Courtesy of the WHO aka Word Homicide Organization puppet of the Chinese Communist Party and its main funder and propagandist chief eugenicist Bill Gates.
      Sid Belzberg
      September 11 2020
      https://twitter.com/Sid2001/status/1304355612176908289

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorne Y View Post
        Yes I agree with that statement however, I have not stated COVID was a "global eugenics plan". Bill Gates and his Father before him funded Planned parenthood and other population control causes. The founder Margaret Sanger of planned parenthood was a well known eugenicist , hence I agree with the description of "chief eugenicist Bill Gates".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/histo...hood-eugenics/

https://www.gatesfoundation.org/Medi...Receives-Grant
        Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Friday, 16th October, 2020, 02:20 AM.

Comment

You continue to misattribute statements to me "Bill Gates working with CCP to commit global eugenics plan"" .

This will go down in history as one of the greatest crimes against humanity history has ever known. Courtesy of the WHO aka Word Homicide Organization puppet of the Chinese Communist Party and its main funder and propagandist chief eugenicist Bill Gates.

Sid, if you did make the comment in bold, as claimed by Lorne Yee, on what basis are you calling Bill Gates a eugenicist?
          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
            Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

Sid, if you did make the comment in bold, as claimed by Lorne Yee, on what basis are you calling Bill Gates a eugenicist?
            Refer to the post above you.

Comment

Refer to the post above you.
              Thrilling stuff, Sid!

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

Are you prepared to give Trump credit for saving millions of lives ... when he shut down air travel from China?

No, because that's obviously not true. There are currently 1.1 million COVID deaths WORLDWIDE. How could restricting travel from China possibly have saved millions of lives in the United States? Canada didn't restrict travel until March 16 and currently has nearly 3 times fewer deaths per capita compared to the United States.

I will say that he made the right move in doing so, but I have no idea what that has to do with anything. Do you think that because he did one thing right, nothing else matters? Do you deny that he could be saving lives by promoting masks instead of talking about the problems with them and saying that he's just "okay" with them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post

No, because that's obviously not true. There are currently 1.1 million COVID deaths WORLDWIDE. How could restricting travel from China possibly have saved millions of lives in the United States? Canada didn't restrict travel until March 16 and currently has nearly 3 times fewer deaths per capita compared to the United States.

I will say that he made the right move in doing so, but I have no idea what that has to do with anything. Do you think that because he did one thing right, nothing else matters? Do you deny that he could be saving lives by promoting masks instead of talking about the problems with them and saying that he's just "okay" with them?
                  https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/u...trictions.html

Yep. He saved lives! How many depends on how many infected people would have spread the virus coming in from China. Trump is, and has been, promoting face covering since early in the year.

Shame that the Dems refuse to enforce their own ... blawblawblaw ... farce mask 'mandate'.

Perhaps the Bidens could make some money from doing so???

You know Lucas ... a little kickback funneled through crackhead Hunter via China or the Ukraine?

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Friday, 16th October, 2020, 03:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/u...trictions.html

Yep. He saved lives! How many depends on how many infected people would have spread the virus coming in from China. Trump is, and has been, promoting face covering since early in the year.

Shame that the Dems refuse to enforce their own ... blawblawblaw ... farce mask 'mandate'.

Perhaps the Bidens could make some money from doing so???

You know Lucas ... a little kickback funneled through crackhead Hunter via China or the Ukraine?

No, Trump isn't promoting masks. I've said multiple times now that tonight, instead of promoting masks, he said that he's just "okay" with them, and then immediately began talking about all the problems with them. Here's an exchange from tonight:

GUTHRIE: But I don't get it, because you have so much power and influence as president.

TRUMP: I'm all for it.

GUTHRIE: And you could go to your… You could require it-

TRUMP: By the way-

GUTHRIE: … at your rallies, and you could say-

TRUMP: I never said, 'Don't wear them.'

GUTHRIE: 'Everyone put on a mask right now.' And the University of Washington says, you would save lives.

TRUMP: Savannah, University of Washington. And then, you have other places, say different things. You have a lot of… Hey. Dr. Fauci said, 'Don't wear a mask,' right?

GUTHRIE: At first, but then everybody agreed.

TRUMP: Oh, I don't know. Then he changed his mind. But then, you have a report coming out two days ago, that 85% of the people wearing masks catch it.

When asked why he doesn't require masks at his rallies, his excuse is that he doesn't say not to wear them, and then tries to act like there's disagreement among experts on wearing masks. He brings up this 85% number multiple times:

"Just the other day they came out with a statement that 85% of the people that wear masks catch it so ... that’s what I heard and that’s what I saw.”

"But then you see CDC comes out with a statement that 85% of the people wearing masks catch it."

"Did you see CDC? That 85% of the people wearing a mask catch it, OK?"

Yes, with potentially millions of people watching, he said that 85% of people wearing masks catch COVID. This is also obviously just wrong and not at all what the study says. Are you ACTUALLY going to try to claim that this is supporting masks?

Comment

Peter both articles do not discuss the merit of the paper itself. Instead they attack the messenger. That should actually tell you alot.

This author is a well respected scientist with many peer reviewed papers https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...=1&oi=scholart you will see that she has published many papers in journals such as Lancet and Nature with hundreds of citations on many of her papers.

I hope that answers your question as to how to assess the credibility of a scientist.
                      Sid, here is a link to a document published by Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security which deconstructs the paper by Li-Meng Yan et al:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z9R...w?usp=drivesdk

Perhaps Li-Meng Yan is a well-respected scientist, as you believe, but the people at Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security have turned thumbs down on the paper you're so keen on. Unless you have an equally credible source that supports the paper by Yan et al, I think it has to be rejected as being of questionable value (at best).
                      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                      "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

Sid, here is a link to a document published by Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security which deconstructs the paper by Li-Meng Yan et al:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z9R...w?usp=drivesdk

Perhaps Li-Meng Yan is a well-respected scientist, as you believe, but the people at Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security have turned thumbs down on the paper you're so keen on. Unless you have an equally credible source that supports the paper by Yan et al, I think it has to be rejected as being of questionable value (at best).
                        Peter, that is an excellent paper. Dr Li-Meng Yan published a second paper last week that addresses the issues brought up in John Hopkins critique of her first paper.

https://zenodo.org/record/4073131#.X4oHSUJKh70
                        Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Friday, 16th October, 2020, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Holland and Belgium have now gone ahead of Canada - over 200,000 cases each.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                            Holland and Belgium have now gone ahead of Canada - over 200,000 cases each.
                            "The time to mince words is over. Remaining willfully clueless is an idiotic luxury we can no longer afford. You owe it to yourselves to listen to this"

Comment

• News Media Evaluation

One must always check the leaning of a news media; very few are truly "objective and not leaning to the left or right"......News outlets now spin the world events as they see them from their perspective....this does not mean they are presenting false news.......but it may be that they are cherry-picking to create an impression of what the world is like out there. The other side of the story, these days is minimally presented, or not at all.

Sid's Source

Wikipedia - One America News Network, also known as One America News, is a far-right, pro-Donald Trump cable channel founded by Robert Herring Sr. and owned by Herring Networks, Inc., launched on July 4, 2013. The network is headquartered in San Diego, California, and operates news bureaus in Washington, D.C. and New York City.

Bob A

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                                News Media Evaluation

One must always check the leaning of a news media; very few are truly "objective and not leaning to the left or right"......News outlets now spin the world events as they see them from their perspective....this does not mean they are presenting false news.......but it may be that they are cherry-picking to create an impression of what the world is like out there. The other side of the story, these days is minimally presented, or not at all.

Sid's Source

Wikipedia - One America News Network, also known as One America News, is a far-right, pro-Donald Trump cable channel founded by Robert Herring Sr. and owned by Herring Networks, Inc., launched on July 4, 2013. The network is headquartered in San Diego, California, and operates news bureaus in Washington, D.C. and New York City.

Bob A
                                Why don't you stick to commenting on the actual content of the story? The "source" does not invalidate the content. That is a truly pathetic comment. Just maybe if we started treating COVID19 patients early this nightmare would be over.
                                Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Saturday, 17th October, 2020, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X