COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italy has surged forward in the last few weeks and is the tenth country to have a million+ cases.

Comment

• Trump's put in more effort in the past week fighting the fact that he lost the election than he put in fighting COVID over the past 6 months. However, to be fair, he did save over 100 million lives by restricting travel from China, so I guess it's only reasonable to give him a pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
        Trump's put in more effort in the past week fighting the fact that he lost the election than he put in fighting COVID over the past 6 months. However, to be fair, he did save over 100 million lives by restricting travel from China, so I guess it's only reasonable to give him a pass.
        ...might have lost the election...

Comment

• And yet another Dem got CAUGHT...

“[T]he Court concludes that Respondent Kathy Boockvar, in her official capacity as Secretary of the Commonwealth, lacked statutory authority to issue the November 1, 2020, guidance to Respondents County Boards of Elections insofar as that guidance purported to change the deadline … for certain electors to verify proof of identification,”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pen...anged-deadline

Can't wait to see how many more of these Dem cheats get CAUGHT ... LOOL!!!

Comment

• https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EmJkIkfW...g&name=360x360

Comment

• Congrats, Lance Stroll !!!

Montreal driver becomes 1st Canadian to take pole position since Jacques Villeneuve.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/lance-stro...pole-1.5802322

Congrats, Racing Point F1 Team !!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_Point_F1_Team

GO CANADA GO !!!

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Saturday, 14th November, 2020, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• The most saturated states are the two Dakotas at more than 7 and 8 % of the population.

Comment

• Anti-mask rally in Manitoba...

Lewis Weiss, the elected Reeve for the Rural Municipality of La Broquerie Manitoba, was among the speakers at the rally.

"It seems very strange that our loved ones are being allowed to die when there are medicines available that very quickly and easily can cure this," he said.

Weiss given a ticket of $1,296 for violating public health orders ... represent! Ha!

Manitoba announced its highest single-day jump in COVID-19 deaths.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ions-1.5802494

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Saturday, 14th November, 2020, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• A few weeks ago Sid Belzberg was saying the pandemic is effectively over because the stringency of the testing was tabulating covid-19 cases including many people who had nothing but dead virus segments in their system. So the proof of the pudding should be that while cases rise sharply, hospitalizations and deaths don't.

Unfortunately that is not what the evidence is showing. Now deaths and hospitalizations are rising, about 3 or 4 weeks after cases started skyrocketing, just as expected. Perhaps there is still SOME truth in what Sid was saying, but not to the extent that we can say the pandemic is over. And the U.S. still has both Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years to get through, it seems it is going to get very nasty for them, maybe only mildly less nasty for us in Canada.

Comment

• I have three hobbies that keep me very busy at home now that I am retired. This suits me fine considering COVID.

1. I am the developer and administrator for a private website that allows my extended family to keep in touch. My maternal grandparents had eight children, each of those eight children had large families, and many of those children had their own families blah blah bllah. So have many cousinns aunts and uncles spread out across the country. This hobby has allowed me to reconnect with many family members that I have not heard from in many years.

2. I play a lot of chess over the internet. I play only correspondence chess, server and email. Often when I finish a game,, I will send my opponent an message with my thoughts about the game. Sometimes I get a response, sometimes not. If I get a response, it often leads to more games in the same opening, with discussion and analysis duriing the game. Usually my opponent and I get to know each other a bit. This often leads to new opportunities on new websites, with new opponents. I have made some good Internet friends this way, because of our common interest in chess.

OK, hobby number three. Hopefully the Administrators of chesstalk do not object to me discussing this.

3. I am active participant in a facebook group called - Chess Chat - A Project of Chess Companions of Caissa. I just checked, and there are 122 members, with new members coming in every day. This hobby has allowed me to reonnect with many old friends from my days with over the board chess at Dutton Chess club and Bayview Games club here in Toronto. This is a public group, You do not need to be on Facebook to see what is going on. here is the URL: https://www.facebook.com/groups/340524269771672/ check it out.

On facebook, there are discussion groups on many aspects of chess. For example I have recently joined a group which features discussion about Viktor Korchnoi. The group is in Spanish, and I am coping by using Google translate. And learning a new language as I go along.

OK, this is my first post on Chesstalk in many years. I intend to be active both here and on the Facebook group for the foreseeable future. I'll keep my eye on this thread,and see what people have to say.

ttyl
                      Fred.

OK, aleady I have noticed that some of the links in the facebook discussion do not work if you are visiting from here. Yu'll have to figure that out for yourself
                      Last edited by Fred Henderson; Monday, 16th November, 2020, 01:16 AM.

Comment

• https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-6817

Comment

• Yet another darling Dem gets CAUGHT...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EnFQcf3W...g&name=360x360

California Governor Gavin Newsom ... no mask, no social distancing ... no problem.

Comment

• "Inconclusive results, missing data, variable adherence, patient-reported findings on home tests, no blinding, and no assessment of whether masks could decrease disease transmission from mask wearers to others."

Junk study meaning nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
                              Yet another darling Dem gets CAUGHT...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EnFQcf3W...g&name=360x360

California Governor Gavin Newsom ... no mask, no social distancing ... no problem.
                              Undated and unsourced picture. Perfectly appropriate prior to 2020 for example. Man, you just don't get the concept of "evidence", do you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse View Post

"Inconclusive results, missing data, variable adherence, patient-reported findings on home tests, no blinding, and no assessment of whether masks could decrease disease transmission from mask wearers to others."

Junk study meaning nothing.

In the conclusion section: "The most important limitation is that the findings are inconclusive..."

These days there are studies about studies...

there are TWO reasons to wear a mask in public places (indoor and outdoor) - to protect the wearer of the mask and to protect those the wearer encounters. One can likely argue forever about the efficacy in each case but I suggest that it is greater than zero so it is a reasonable thing to do for the good of everyone.
                                If someone doesn't give a shit then there is no point talking to them.
                                ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
                                X