COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	Early interventionScreen Shot 2020-12-06 at 10.29.27 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	457.1 KB ID:	210361
    I hear you on Snopes. But Snopes is not the only organization that views America's Frontline Doctors as sketchy. For example, here is an article from the online newsletter of the 135,000- member American Academy of Family Physicians:

https://www.aafp.org/news/blogs/inth...itt-facts.html

Now the questions are, who are the AAFP and are they credible? When looking at an American organization I'm not familiar with, my first assumption, out of prudence, is that they're a bunch of gun-toting whackjobs. In this case, however, the AAFP may be ok; refer to following Wikipedia article:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amer...ily_Physicians

The wiki article has a caution that it was written by primary sources but....still.....the AAFP seems ok based on my preliminary investigation.

An amusing comment, in the AAFP's newsletter, about one of the AFD's doctors:

One is Douglas Deibele, who claimed on Twitter in March that he'd successfully treated 500 patients on a combined regimen of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin -- curious, given that Deibele is a dentist who has not practiced medicine in more than two decades, having set aside teeth in favor of acting.

The chart you included from Johns Hopkins is interesting. Did they explain why there was such a large improvement, from spring to fall, in the CFRs for countries like Canada and U.K.?
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Profit View Post

For me, it was when he wrote:

Did you know that 2300 years ago Arabs discovered that forcing people to cover their nose and mouths broke their will and individuality and depersonalized them?

It made them submissive.

That’s why they imposed on every woman the MANDATORY use of fabric over her face.

Modern psychology explains it: without face we don’t exist as independent beings. The mask is the beginning of deleting individuality. He who doesn’t know his history is condemned to repeat it..

A clear swipe at a religion that he followed up with a bunch of links that showed masks were either bad or not helpful. If these statements were true, he would have not needed the preamble insult. It looks to me like he was looking for evidence to support his personal view that masks or face coverings are bad and that Muslims are bad and equal to doctors and scientists (also bad) who are just trying to help everyone to the best of their abilities and knowledge. And when I say this, I am also not putting words in his mouth, I am just using his own words.
      Yes, I remember reading that and wondering what his motivation was.
      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
        The chart you included from Johns Hopkins is interesting
        The chart is not from John Hopkins. It was constructed by me from data on this site.
        https://ourworldindata.org/
        As of Nov 30th they switched over to JHU data that I do not trust so I used their archived data found here.
        https://github.com/owid/covid-19-dat...blic/data/ecdc

The reason the CFR has gone down is that the tests are overly sensitive (90% + are false postives) ( as I have already stated), yielding a lower percentage
        of deaths per confirmed cases.

Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Tuesday, 8th December, 2020, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• In the States they pause to remember the 2,401 lives lost at Pearl Harbor in a nation where 3,000 will die from COVID today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
            Check out Taiwan! They started screening last December, which was still over a month after U.S. intelligence agencies reported tracking. I also love how they heavily fine disinformation.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/07/asia/...ntl/index.html

"The island of 23 million people has recorded just 716 coronavirus cases and seven deaths"
            Very perceptive Aris! There are actually many countries who have contained coronavirus well but Taiwan is a good example. If you go over the world list you will see its about 80 countries that are in crisis (of about 200)

Comment

• "Did you know that 2300 years ago Arabs discovered that forcing people to cover their nose and mouths broke their will and individuality and depersonalized them?"

Originally posted by Brian Profit
              A clear swipe at a religion
              Really???? Which Religion???? At least 800 years before the Prophet Muhammad's time! 300 Years before Christ. About the only religion
              it is a swipe at is the religion of the "blind and unthinking respect for authority" yes, that religion is indeed the greatest enemy of the truth.
              Know what you are talking about before you post!
              Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Tuesday, 8th December, 2020, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• To be considered:

Click image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_1607443119979.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.0 KB ID:	210402

Comment

• The first woman to receive the Pfizer vaccine in the UK turns 91 next week. The next in line was a man, William Shakespeare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
                    The first woman to receive the Pfizer vaccine in the UK turns 91 next week. The next in line was a man, William Shakespeare.
                    The most amazing part is the 91 yr old probably waited all night in line to get the vaccine.

Comment

To be considered:

Click image for larger version Name:	FB_IMG_1607443119979.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.0 KB ID:	210402
                      https://www.c-span.org/video/?507035...id-19-pandemic

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post

The most amazing part is the 91 yr old probably waited all night in line to get the vaccine.
                        Reportedly, right after receiving her vaccine, the 91 year old woman began the new line for the Cher "Absolutely Last and Final Farewell" 2021 concert tour stop at Wembley Stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
                          "Did you know that 2300 years ago Arabs discovered that forcing people to cover their nose and mouths broke their will and individuality and depersonalized them?"

Really???? Which Religion???? At least 800 years before the Prophet Muhammad's time! 300 Years before Christ. About the only religion
                          it is a swipe at is the religion of the "blind and unthinking respect for authority" yes, that religion is indeed the greatest enemy of the truth.
                          Know what you are talking about before you post!
                          You can dance around it all you want. It was a swipe at Muslims, and you know it. They are the group that cover their faces. But keep going....you have nothing to lose now. Most people here know what you are all about.

Comment

• The video is 2.5 hr long. Is there a particular part you're recommending be watched?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Profit View Post

You can dance around it all you want. It was a swipe at Muslims, and you know it. They are the group that cover their faces. But keep going....you have nothing to lose now. Most people here know what you are all about.
                              Nice try Brian, women have been subjugated by all of the major religions early on, and sadly by man even before most major religions existed and indeed masks were a known technique of subjugation long before muslims even existed. My point is that the lockdowns and masks are simply another form of gov't tyranny and are not based on science. The Govt for example insists on Placebo Random Control Trials for early treatments even though historically most medications and treatments have been approved on the basis of level 2 observational data using non random controls.
                              Where is the insistence for Random Control trials for masks or lockdowns? Show me such a trial, they don't exist! This is govt mandates based on pseudoscience.

This hearing today in the US senate is "what I am all about". I am "about" saving lives. I have spent my life running companies where we were proud of
                              a company being so diverse we looked like the United Nations and in fact had many Muslims working for us.

Trying to accuse me of being a racist is really bad form and you can stop now. We have infected elderly people in nursing homes and hosptials across Canada right now that could be easily treated but our health officials insist on a policy where medical professionals are expected to sit with their hands in their pockets and do nothing until people are suffocating and it is too late.
                              Let's talk about solving problems like this instead of trying to attack each other politically.

Here is a good article by one of my colleagues.

https://covexit.com/hospital-crisis-...-for-covid-19/

This is the US senate hearing, long but well worth listening to.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?507035...id-19-pandemic
                              Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Wednesday, 9th December, 2020, 02:20 PM.

Comment

The video is 2.5 hr long. Is there a particular part you're recommending be watched?
                                The entire thing is worth watching and I promise you could well be the best spent 2.5 hours you would ever use.

Comment

Working...
                                X