X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://filiperafaeli.substack.com/p...scientifically

Comment

• Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

I am worried that a LOT of people (and especially a LOT of Americans) will start to believe that now the vaccine is here they are scott free to do whatever they want.
      This is far, far from the case. In the near term (at least through all of February) case loads will rise - in many places due to idiots ignoring public health advice to avoid
      Christmas/Hanukah/New Years gatherings outside one's household. The health care system will be crushed even while the vaccine roll out is taking place as quickly
      as possible...

Unless the uptake on the vaccine is around 70%, the effectiveness of the vaccination program will be severely reduced. There are apparently a large number of people who
      will refuse to take the vaccine - and I don't mean because they have compromised immune systems or they are pregnant or other valid reasons to avoid the shot(s).

If that is the case, combined with the moron factor I mentioned in the first paragraph (and the real possibility that even people who were reasonably prudent will start
      treating life as 'back to normal') we will achieve very little gain from the miracle vaccine. Meanwhile Trump will be golfing in Mar-a-lago with the rest of the GOP cretins
      who will treat him as a god to curry favour with him for 2024... and so it goes.

Happy Holidays.
      Sadly, I think you're right on every point above.

Comment

I am worried that a LOT of people (and especially a LOT of Americans) will start to believe that now the vaccine is here they are scott free to do whatever they want.
        This is far, far from the case. In the near term (at least through all of February) case loads will rise - in many places due to idiots ignoring public health advice to avoid
        Christmas/Hanukah/New Years gatherings outside one's household. The health care system will be crushed even while the vaccine roll out is taking place as quickly
        as possible...

Unless the uptake on the vaccine is around 70%, the effectiveness of the vaccination program will be severely reduced. There are apparently a large number of people who
        will refuse to take the vaccine - and I don't mean because they have compromised immune systems or they are pregnant or other valid reasons to avoid the shot(s).

If that is the case, combined with the moron factor I mentioned in the first paragraph (and the real possibility that even people who were reasonably prudent will start
        treating life as 'back to normal') we will achieve very little gain from the miracle vaccine. Meanwhile Trump will be golfing in Mar-a-lago with the rest of the GOP cretins
        who will treat him as a god to curry favour with him for 2024... and so it goes.

Happy Holidays.
        Regarding your second point about vaccine hesitancy, I'm not actually that concerned. Those who choose to not be immunized will at some point get COVID (the virus is quite contagious and here to stay) and acquire immunity the old fashioned way. So relatively quickly, we will get to herd immunity...Most of them will be fine if they are young and healthy. Personally, i think it is considerably safer to be vaccinated, but it's pretty hard to convince people if their mind is made up...

Comment

• Re Healthy People & COVID-19

They can die from it:

https://www.cp24.com/news/markham-fa...xCQiBImX4kHSg8

Bob A

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale Hoshizaki View Post

Regarding your second point about vaccine hesitancy, I'm not actually that concerned. Those who choose to not be immunized will at some point get COVID (the virus is quite contagious and here to stay) and acquire immunity the old fashioned way. So relatively quickly, we will get to herd immunity...Most of them will be fine if they are young and healthy. Personally, i think it is considerably safer to be vaccinated, but it's pretty hard to convince people if their mind is made up...
            I had thought about that too but I do not know whether getting Covid necessarily implies later "immunity" (or to what extent).
            I suppose that is the hard way to get some level of immunity but it comes with considerable risk - you have to actually survive to achieve the "level up" :)

All of the public health statements I have heard about levels of immunity seem to gravitate toward 70% or so of vaccine uptake to get to any sort of comfortable
            level of "herd immunity". Of course, Pub Health is naturally pushing the vaccine (and just to be clear, I will take it as soon as it becomes available to me) and
            they might not think broadly enough to consider alternative realities where many people pass on it.

The biggest worry I have is that too many people will just go back to "normal" interactions now that the vaccine/cure is here and of course we can predict that outcome.

Thanks for your comment all the same - it is a good point.
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

• Thanks, Sid. Another great, thought-provoking link. There is so much to be learned here about the weaknesses in how public health policy is made.
              "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
              "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
              "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

Thanks, Sid. Another great, thought-provoking link. There is so much to be learned here about the weaknesses in how public health policy is made.
                We (Canadians) need to examine every aspect of our response to covid-19 - the successes and the many failures. I'm talking as if it's all over but realize we still have a way to go. Challenge: how do we complete this examination without letting it fall into the hands of government and their usual death-by-committee approach (i.e. 2 years, $50,000,000, and 100 recommendations which everyone then studiously ignores).
                Last edited by Peter McKillop; Tuesday, 15th December, 2020, 03:48 PM.
                "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Tom Cruise on the set of Mission Impossible 7 ... enraged by those who violated safety rules. The crew members were wearing masks but standing less than 2 meters apart... “If I see you do it again, you’re f—ing gone. And if anyone in this crew does it, that’s it — and you too and you too. And you, don’t you ever f—ing do it again.”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1339007932147494912

Ha!!!

EDIT: Well didn't long to get scrubbed from twitter ...sigh.

Good thing The Sun captured Tom Cruise covid rant ...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...-impossible-2/

...wait a couple of secs for it to load.

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Wednesday, 16th December, 2020, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
                    Tom Cruise on the set of Mission Impossible 7 ... enraged by those who violated safety rules. The crew members were wearing masks but standing less than 2 meters apart... “If I see you do it again, you’re f—ing gone. And if anyone in this crew does it, that’s it — and you too and you too. And you, don’t you ever f—ing do it again.”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1339007932147494912

Ha!!!
                    This tweet is unavailable. Ha!

I'm not sure what your point was anyway. When he allegedly said "If I see you do IT again..." what did "IT" refer to?
                    Was it wearing masks or not maintaining 2m distance or violating some (other) safety rule?

Comment

Last edited by Sam Sharpe; Saturday, 5th November, 2022, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Sharpe View Post
                        Thanks Sam... I didn't realize that you were referencing what Tom Cruise was on about
                        (this forum software doesn't display the full URL for some links... grrr ... so it isn't easy to guess at a glance what a link is about.

Comment

Thanks Sam... I didn't realize that you were referencing what Tom Cruise was on about
                          (this forum software doesn't display the full URL for some links... grrr ... so it isn't easy to guess at a glance what a link is about.
                          Thanks Sam, ya sorry Kerry ... his (Tom Cruise) rant was all about social distancing not being maintained. Awesome emotion!!!

Here a fresh link...
                          https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...-impossible-2/

I'm guessing he doesn't go to a grocer store like the rest of us?!?

Comment

• Vice-President Mike Pence leads the way forward, received his first dose of COVID-19 vaccine :)

Vaccine compliance just got a shot in the arm :)

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Friday, 18th December, 2020, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Vice-President Mike Pence leads the way forward, received his first dose of COVID-19 vaccine :)

I suppose Jesus sent the vaccine? I'm surprised Pence can even speak - his lips are firmly planted on Potus' back side.
                              Thankfully he and Potus will soon be just ordinary criminals.

Comment

Vice-President Mike Pence leads the way forward, received his first dose of COVID-19 vaccine :)

Mike Pence is not well educated in biological sciences so I would not use him as a barometer for evaluating the safety of a rushed vaccine. Earlier MRNA vaccines were tested on animals and in fact failed for SARsCOV1. Basically the finding was that when an animal was vaccinated when it was re-exposed to a mutant of SarCOV1 virus post vaccination the body being primed by the dead virus from the vaccine has a more violent auto immune response causing deadly "cytokine storms" we see now for late stage COVID19 patients.
                                The Pfizer vaccine was not tested on animals and we have already seen some volunteers in the human trials have severe side effects. Below is a paper that gives a good outline of what I am saying.

Everyone here really needs to use your chess skills and think ahead a few moves ie "What happens after I am vaccinated and I am eventually re-exposed to the virus?" This is why without long term studies it is a really bad idea to rush a vaccine. Do your own due diligence and be very careful! Stay well and be safe!

"In SARS, a type of “priming” of the immune system was observed during animal studies of SARS spike protein-based vaccines leading to increased morbidity and mortality in vaccinated animals who were subsequently exposed to wild SARS virus."

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...186?via%3Dihub

https://informedchoicewa.org/covid-1...genic-priming/
                                Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Saturday, 19th December, 2020, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X