COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
    Truly one of the most fire, nuts, bananas, and gang tracks from the boys in Buckwheat Groats. GROATS!!!
    everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

• Thank you for the kind responses, homies. And Larry, I'm sorry for your loss, but thankful and glad that I was able to provide a respite from the unpleasantness. Especially in these bizarre times, we need to find smiles where we can.

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

Here are brief summaries of the debates I've instigated, so far:

Moi: Belzberg committed several egregiously dishonest acts, one of which was failing to verify the accuracy of what he posted:
      Belzberg: Here is a link that does nothing to verify the accuracy of what I posted.

Moi: Frarey made a ton of absurd and clearly false claims, but he did follow through on one of his promises.
      Frarey: I didn't merely follow though on that one; I went above and beyond.

I will get back to both of you after I have spent several years studying the works of Chrysippus.

As for the initial subject of this thread, how we've been coping with the limitations COVID-19 has placed on our lives, I have found myself struggling in a way which seems peculiar, but based on my conversations with others, is not at all uncommon. I've had what I can best describe as a paralyzing abundance of time. When I had a bunch of plans on a Saturday, it was fairly easy to decide when I would watch a movie that day... and so I did. And I knew I'd be able to do some leisure reading while I was walking, busing or training to see people in the evening... and so I did. Now I wake up on a Saturday, register that I have the next 14 hours to do whatever I want, and mostly just do nothing. I shouldn't be super surprised by this phenomenon, as I have always been the sort of person who functions best with a full, but flexible, schedule.

I believe there are other factors, too. As someone who suffers from depression, nature's elixirs (sunlight and fresh air) have always been key to keeping me motivated and active. Obviously, for all of us, the ways in and extents to which we receive these elements have been limited by current circumstances. I have begun using an ultraviolet light lamp each morning, and it has helped, but I still do find it difficult to go outside "just" to get fresh air. Getting fresh air had always been something I'd do in the natural course of my day, without requiring any intention. Working from home has also led to a less than ideal relationship with my living space. In the Before Times, the opportunity to work from home was relished. I can do laundry while I'm working! I can throw on a podcast! I can take a reading break at lunch! Now the demarcation between work and play has been destroyed. Whereas I used to leave work, come home, recalibrate, and enjoy my hobbies,I now just... walk from the desk to the couch? My two favourite recreational activities (cinema and literature) require calm and focused attention. It's become difficult to achieve those states at home, as home has become imbued with the urgency and intensity of work.

I have been able to accomplish some things, though. I've been learning German on Duolingo, which, with its five-minute lessons, is actually kind of ideal for a world in which I crave constant stimulation, change, movement, anything.

Ich lerne Deutsch, weil habe ich ein Interesse in der Sprache. Deutsch lernen mich gibt nicht nur Wissen der Deutsch Sprache, Deutsch Leben und Deutschland, sondern auch Wissen mich gibt der Englisch Sprache. Viele Worte und Ideen im Englisch sind aus Deustch Worte. Deutsch lernen hat sehr viel mein Wissen im meine Muttersprache staerke. Es ist gute Scheisse!

Any German speakers here? How did I do?!

I also started writing and recording music again. Before COVID-19 struck, I had not been in a studio since 2006. In the summer of 2020, I recorded an album. It sucked! But, it had been a long time off, and the process definitely helped me shake the cobwebs off of the part of the brain one uses to create a full-bodied, cogent artwork. I'm working on an album I hope to record later this year, which I expect to be my best creative output ever... even better than the time I set clips of Zach Parise playing for the Wild to Dashboard Confessional's "Standard Lines" and uploaded it to YouTube. I dropped a couple of new demos in November and December, and they are unremittingly fire. Just straight flames. Here they are:

12​:​34 in vancouver is 2​:​34 in chicago (demo)
      https://curtisfrancis.bandcamp.com/t...n-chicago-demo
      This song is fucking sad, and if you listen to it, you might kill yourself from how sad it makes you.

sad scrooge (demo)
      https://curtisfrancis.bandcamp.com/t...d-scrooge-demo
      This song is just some gang-ass, flamesed up bars. Listen to it if you like bars. If you don't like bars, you suck at liking rap. Go home, grandpa!

In all seriousness, don't listen to the first song if you are not prepared to hear explicit references to self-harm, and don't listen to the second song if you're a wack lil bitch.
      everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Daswani View Post

I also started writing and recording music again. Before COVID-19 struck, I had not been in a studio since 2006. In the summer of 2020, I recorded an album. It sucked! But, it had been a long time off, and the process definitely helped me shake the cobwebs off of the part of the brain one uses to create a full-bodied, cogent artwork. I'm working on an album I hope to record later this year, which I expect to be my best creative output ever... even better than the time I set clips of Zach Parise playing for the Wild to Dashboard Confessional's "Standard Lines" and uploaded it to YouTube. I dropped a couple of new demos in November and December, and they are unremittingly fire. Just straight flames. Here they are:

12​:​34 in vancouver is 2​:​34 in chicago (demo)
        https://curtisfrancis.bandcamp.com/t...n-chicago-demo
        This song is fucking sad, and if you listen to it, you might kill yourself from how sad it makes you.

sad scrooge (demo)
        https://curtisfrancis.bandcamp.com/t...d-scrooge-demo
        This song is just some gang-ass, flamesed up bars. Listen to it if you like bars. If you don't like bars, you suck at liking rap. Go home, grandpa!

In all seriousness, don't listen to the first song if you are not prepared to hear explicit references to self-harm, and don't listen to the second song if you're a wack lil bitch.
        Sad Scrooge, another good song for my anti-Christmas music list when I've been subjected to too much supermarket syrupy-goo carols.

Comment

• And yet more fuel for this dumpster fire of a thread:

has-israel-just-found-the-cure-for-covid

https://www.israel21c.org/has-israel...ure-for-covid/

I suppose it might be more spectacular to start a new thread, but I am worried some thread-readers may have trouble splitting their 'focus' (such as it is)
          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
            And yet more fuel for this dumpster fire of a thread:

has-israel-just-found-the-cure-for-covid

https://www.israel21c.org/has-israel...ure-for-covid/

I suppose it might be more spectacular to start a new thread, but I am worried some thread-readers may have trouble splitting their 'focus' (such as it is)
            Yes I read about this yesterday. Great news! More good news came out of a Random Control trial out of Oxford University for Inhaled Budesonide for outpatients that showed a 90% reduction of COVID patients requiring hospitalization. Budesonide is a very old repurposed drug with a high safety profile.
            Early interventions like these are the way to end the Pandemic, without having to resort to experimental vaccines. The most recent Vaccine adverse event report on the CDC already shows 501 deaths and over 10000 serious adverse events. This is already many magnitudes greater than the more widely distributed Flu Vaccine for the entire year of 2019 that showed 22 deaths.

https://covexit.com/oxford-randomize...ent-treatment/
            https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...134v1.full.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post

Only 11 new cases in N. Dakota today...it seems to be winning in its race against Israel for herd immunity, despite the extensive vaccination in the latter...
              Numbers for North Dakota appear to be down in recent days. Good for them.
              I was wondering why the comparison to Israel, but then I realized they are leading in the vaccination race. Good for them.
              And I see Kerry has alerted us to potentially more good news from Israel on better vaccines to come. Excellent.

But I am not sure I would use the "winning" to describe North Dakota vs. Israel in the race to herd immunity.

Israel has approx. 12 times the population of North Dakota, so keep that in mind.
              Even then, North Dakota vs. Israel in the last few days, "winning".

But let's look at the cumulative numbers, death rate per capita.

North Dakota - 1,874 deaths per million.
              Israel - 562 deaths per million.

Let's see if North Dakota can close the gap in coming days.

Comment

• I'm also coping with COVID-19 by destroying my fantasy hockey league. But that has nothing to do with COVID-19, as I do this every year.

Comment

Truly one of the most fire, nuts, bananas, and gang tracks from the boys in Buckwheat Groats. GROATS!!!

Wait a sec.... OMG. Is this not the most.... I don't know what word to use.... just watch this video and then see below:

WARNING: DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK AND WATCH THE VIDEO IF YOU HAVE ANY MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES.

Buckwheat Groats - Take Yourself Out Tha Game - YouTube

Ok.... now if someone actually did what this song says upon watching this video.... could a friend or relative of that person SUE BUCKWHEAT GROATS FOR EVERY DOLLAR THEY EVER MAKE?
                  Last edited by Pargat Perrer; Wednesday, 10th February, 2021, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post
                    Ok.... now if someone actually did what this song says upon watching this video.... could a friend or relative of that person SUE BUCKWHEAT GROATS FOR EVERY DOLLAR THEY EVER MAKE?
                    That's a rather disturbing video, and I do wonder why you chose to post it, without a trigger warning no less.

I notice that it was actually uploaded to YouTube by some random user, not the official Buckwheat Groats channel. I suspect it may be a fake... something one might consider before sharing it on a public message board.

Comment

That's a rather disturbing video, and I do wonder why you chose to post it, without a trigger warning no less.

I notice that it was actually uploaded to YouTube by some random user, not the official Buckwheat Groats channel. I suspect it may be a fake... something one might consider before sharing it on a public message board.

Ok, I did add a warning to my post, but this video is widely available. I know, I googled it. And on most places that it is available, it is provided without any kind of warning.

That video is no fake, it was made by Buckwheat Groats and it was written performed and recorded to send the precise message heard in the lyrics. When you say it is fake, are you claiming Buckwheat Groats had no part of producing it? That just seems too far-fetched.

Comment

• test test test test
                        Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Thursday, 11th February, 2021, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
                          test test test test
                          ing ing ing ing

Comment

• California has passed New York state in total deaths. Unbelievable.
                            and Texas isnt that far behind.

Comment

• You might remember this beauty of a post:

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
                              Did you know that 2300 years ago Arabs discovered that forcing people to cover their nose and mouths broke their will and individuality and depersonalized them? It made them submissive. That’s why they imposed on every woman the MANDATORY use of fabric over her face. Modern psychology explains it: without face we don’t exist as independent beings. The mask is the beginning of deleting individuality. He who doesn’t know his history is condemned to repeat it.

Today, this appeared in my Reddit feed:

Looks pretty similar. It was in the insaneparents subreddit. It seems like a good place for the trash Sid posts here.

Comment

• Thank you for your opinion, Masks have been used as a way to make people submssive for thousands of years and it is no different today. We
                                have an easily treatable virus that if Dr's were allowed to practice their profession unhindered by Gov't/big pharma no one would be forced to wear masks.
                                You previously tried to accuse of me being a racist because of posting the authorless statement you cite and I completely debunked your argument.
                                The good news is that early treatments that work that my colleagues have been using for months are
                                finely getting acknowledged in the popular press so hopefully, this sham will soon end.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tions-in-study

Comment

Working...
                                X