COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
    Does the Chess Federation of Canada have a mask policy???

The US Chess Federation does have a mask policy...

https://new.uschess.org/news/us-open...policy-updated

The CFC does have a mask policy, but it's only effective on Hallowe'en.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

PS As usual you don't know how to read, I said mRNA technology, not mRNA vaccines. Secondly, MRNA for SarsCov2 was nine months with zero longitudinal safety data. You have data before nine months show it to us. That is why it is experimental right now and not FDA approved...duh! You have a big mouth for someone who knows so little about this subject.
      By the way did you read the content of Dr. Malone's analysis or is that beyond your comprehension? If yes it is beyond your comprehension, stop making a fool of yourself.
      I find your reply to be rude. Anyway, let me ask you this. Right this minute, if you had to choose between continuing worldwide vaccination attempts, and not doing so, what would you choose?

Do you believe that stopping COVID vaccinations would save more lives than continuing vaccinations?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Profit View Post
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210731-230829_Reddit.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	214460
        LOL, thanks Brian for another hearty laugh!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

LOL, thanks Brian for another hearty laugh!!
          It is good for a laugh, but a lot of people with decent intelligence might actually worry that the vaccines do modify their genetic makeup. When terms like "mRNA" get tossed around, and people know generally that "DNA" is what makes them who they are, they might think, hmmmm, mRNA, could that possibly modify DNA?

Comment

I find your reply to be rude. Anyway, let me ask you this. Right this minute, if you had to choose between continuing worldwide vaccination attempts, and not doing so, what would you choose?

Do you believe that stopping COVID vaccinations would save more lives than continuing vaccinations?
            Yes, this really is the quintessential question. I have some friends who are refusing the vaccines. They are intelligent people who wear masks but have long standing skepticism of medical authorities and/or the advisability of taking something without knowing the long term effects. I get it. I view the data and assess the risk of getting COVID to be greater than the vaccine. They conclude the opposite. Fair enough.

But are they being unduly influenced by false claims?

To be fair to Sid, upon further review, he did post a 69 page official report from Public Health England dated June 25. I did miss that in my original read because I don't always click on his sources due to credibility problems. His response of "don't shoot the messenger, sources don't matter" is just silly. So please Peter continue the fact checking.

Again, to be fair Sid did mention 2 numbers from the British report that warrant further investigation. From Table 4, Delta cases, vaccinated vs. unvaccinated, and deaths, vaccinated vs unvaccinated. Those numbers do appear to support his assertions, but they are certainly not conclusive.

I wonder if he researched a source I mentioned, Dr. Campbell from UK. He has a daily youtube video which I find useful. In it, his conclusion upon reviewing the recent numbers, UK vs Israel, was that the vaccines did provide protection again hospitalization and death, but not against catching milder cases of Delta variant.

Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Monday, 2nd August, 2021, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• https://employercovidpolicy.com/vacc...s-less-severe/

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

Yes, this really is the quintessential question. I have some friends who are refusing the vaccines. They are intelligent people who wear masks but have long standing skepticism of medical authorities and/or the advisability of taking something without knowing the long term effects. I get it. I view the data and assess the risk of getting COVID to be greater than the vaccine. They conclude the opposite. Fair enough.

But are they being unduly influenced by false claims?

To be fair to Sid, upon further review, he did post a 69 page official report from Public Health England dated June 25. I did miss that in my original read because I don't always click on his sources due to credibility problems. His response of "don't shoot the messenger, sources don't matter" is just silly. So please Peter continue the fact checking.

Again, to be fair Sid did mention 2 numbers from the British report that warrant further investigation. From Table 4, Delta cases, vaccinated vs. unvaccinated, and deaths, vaccinated vs unvaccinated. Those numbers do appear to support his assertions, but they are certainly not conclusive.

I wonder if he researched a source I mentioned, Dr. Campbell from UK. He has a daily youtube video which I find useful. In it, his conclusion upon reviewing the recent numbers, UK vs Israel, was that the vaccines did provide protection again hospitalization and death, but not against catching milder cases of Delta variant.

Good post Bob! Whereas I don't agree 100% with everything you wrote, I appreciate your reasoned presentation, and I can relate to why someone would hold a view that is opposite to my views. That makes for a good post, which can hopefully lead to effective discussions. I don't mind being proven wrong, but I must admit that when faced with fake stuff intended to trick-influence innocent people whether actually true or not, well I practically have "allergic reaction" lol. Back to my question you seemed to appreciate: isn't COVID way more deadly than the vaccines (so far anyway)?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Daswani View Post
                  Have been writing some fire tunes. They are fire. Going to record a small project soon. Also, some of my bars may be featured on a prominent Canadian podcast. I will provide an ancillary supdate if this happens.
                  Some of my music has been featured on the latest episode of 31 Thoughts, with Jeff Marek and Elliotte Friedman.

everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210803-101026_Reddit.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	214505

Comment

Good post Bob! Whereas I don't agree 100% with everything you wrote, I appreciate your reasoned presentation, and I can relate to why someone would hold a view that is opposite to my views. That makes for a good post, which can hopefully lead to effective discussions. I don't mind being proven wrong, but I must admit that when faced with fake stuff intended to trick-influence innocent people whether actually true or not, well I practically have "allergic reaction" lol. Back to my question you seemed to appreciate: isn't COVID way more deadly than the vaccines (so far anyway)?!
                      I guess people are too busy (or tired of this lol) to post in reply. My search found this article to be the most specific. Updated July 23rd, and only including the States, the score was 610,000 to 3.

I agree with the premise in the article that, especially in the States (better health care with their affluence), and with greater vaccine choice; the vaccinated death rate will probably stay miniscule.

Has anyone seen anything more global?! I'm interested because there are greater challenges outside North America regarding both health care and vaccine choices. COVID deaths are > 4.25M

Thanks, best.

https://covid-101.org/science/how-ma...ne-in-the-u-s/

Comment

• Interesting to study the track record of these experimental drugs Pfizer, Moderna ... especially AstraZeneca. Not only in the EU and elsewhere but also here in Canada. What was promised, what was delivered & what was later learned ... and what has since been discontinued.

Novavax looks promising as well.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/co...ine-comparison

Comment

I guess people are too busy (or tired of this lol) to post in reply. My search found this article to be the most specific. Updated July 23rd, and only including the States, the score was 610,000 to 3.

I agree with the premise in the article that, especially in the States (better health care with their affluence), and with greater vaccine choice; the vaccinated death rate will probably stay miniscule.

Has anyone seen anything more global?! I'm interested because there are greater challenges outside North America regarding both health care and vaccine choices. COVID deaths are > 4.25M

Thanks, best.

https://covid-101.org/science/how-ma...ne-in-the-u-s/
                          If you believe that analysis Ihave a bridge to sell you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

If you believe that analysis Ihave a bridge to sell you.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210803-164759_Chrome.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	214513

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

Brian, with all due respect, using memes to insult Sid doesn't move the discussion forward. I for one would appreciate it if you'd back off.
                              there's no moving this discussion fwd. anyone who's participating in it needs badly to touch grass

i welcome the memes. memes are praxis. who was it who said that again? derrida?

========================================

to be tbh, i would personally rather if this thread returned to its original purpose: exchanging ideas on how to pass the time during covid

among other things, i have been watching some tubes from my youths. most recently i rewatched opposite sex, a short-lived teen comedy-drama produced for fox's 2000 summer lineup that was quashed after 8 episodes. i hadn't seen it since it came out, and although i had fond memories of it, i went into it unsure whether i'd like it. here are my main thoughts:

1. jed is clearly coded as enby. this show is actually fucked, and also fucking fire. grammatically, the narrative structure is all over the place, and seemingly each moment is just drenched in the absurd. yet actual occasions of real pathos are front and centre. i wouldn't say they're forced, as that sounds perjorative, but it's as if the actual plot points serve no purpose but to facilitate emotional reckonings and a sort of stunted, repressed dialogue, both which betray the confusion and inward anger endemic to teen queerness. it's fucking great

2. we need to talk about how the person who played delia in my so-called life is in the eighth and final episode and looks exactly the same as she did in 1993

3. more importantly, can we talk about christopher cousins for a moment? if i were to walk up to you on the street, or inside your home, and say, "did you know that before playing that boring fuck in breaking bad, christopher cousins appeared as the father of a character in a few episodes of a teen comedy-drama starring an actor who also appeared as a main character's love interest in gilmore girls?" you would simply respond, "i've seen the o.c.. i am your better. wipe that shit-eating smirk off your face." but this would be your downfall. first of all, no one would refer to lane kim as a main character, and secondly, i said episodes, plural. that's right, friends. before greg fischer punched tate donovan in the face at the debutante ball, he played milo ventimiglia's dad in four episodes of opposite sex. obviously, this is the most crazy thing ever. when i initially realized this, i burst into tears out of fear of the cosmos and in fact could not get out of bed for two days. don't worry, though, i am feeling much better now. i have come to terms with my reality

========================================

this weekend i might watch all 12 episodes of abc's 1976 adaptation of rich man, poor man while stoically putting cigarettes out on my couch. i will let you guys know how it goes
                              everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

• personally rather than rich man poor man i prefer strong man angry man

Comment

Working...
                                X