X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pargat Perrer
    replied
    Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

I am sure there is a good science fiction story in that premise, though I think that it has been done.

Are you referring to the Left Behind series of books? They are fiction, even though they are based on in interpretation of Revelations from the Bible. I have wondered if the authors (there were 2 main authors) actually believe that events will unfold as in the book, even if the characters and storyline are "fiction". In other words, the AntiChrist will take over the UN and will all by himself disarm the world's nuclear weapons nations and keep the weapons for himself, than later use them on many large cities (Chicago, LA, San Fran, London to name a few) to impose his will and make himself world ruler. And there was something about he gets assassinated but is brought back to life by Satan, which was known to the so-called Tribulation Force (a small group of Christian believers) because of their interpretation of Revelations. Yet in the books, the main characters had access to the AntiChrist and had ample opportunities to take him somewhere at gunpoint and put him in isolation somewhere so none of the events could have happened. But of course, they didn't think of this. LOL

What's laughable is the whole idea that we can predict anything so accurately, because as soon as the AntiChrist takes over the UN and disarms the world, anyone who has read the series will know how it all turns out, and that could include world leaders. So they would be powerless to change the future? What happened to free will?

Leave a comment:

• Brad Thomson
    replied
    Thanks for the music, if I am sane, and that is a big IF, it is only music that keeps me that way.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_xRRUTzQAw

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gillanders
    replied
    Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
    Four ill winds that blow only, seven seas that run high, all those things that dont change come what may.
    Thanks you Hans. I could not help but start singing......

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP9U...eilYoung-Topic

Leave a comment:

• Hans Jung
    replied
    Four ill winds that blow only, seven seas that run high, all those things that dont change come what may.

Leave a comment:

• Aris Marghetis
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

I think it would be cool if all hate-filled people, left or right, would suddenly vanish forever.
    I find this simple line is brilliant. People burn-waste so much either being hateful, or dealing with others' hatefulness. Even though it can be from multiple angles, haters self-rationalize needs for it.

P.S. My personal opinion is that virtually everyone has moments of hater-ness in their lives, it seems like a normal/normalized element of life?! It can be quite a challenge managing it, but doing so seems to make people happier with their own lives. A simple example that I've found helpful is "no complaining fasts", where whenever you find yourself complaining, just stop. Yeah lol it's often way easier said than done, but after a few days, I must admit things don't seem as bad?!
    Last edited by Aris Marghetis; Sunday, 13th September, 2020, 12:18 PM. Reason: added P.S.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X