• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Best
    replied
    Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

Try this copy and paste

Code:
    http://anno.onb.ac.at/cgi-content/anno-plus?aid=sze&datum=1906&page=269&size=45
    Thank you, I found it.

Leave a comment:

• Egidijus Zeromskis
    replied
    Originally posted by George Best View Post

Sorry for the late response but I am having problems locating the page in question regarding Neustadtl-Porges even though I found Neustadtl's name in the index.

Try this copy and paste

Code:
    http://anno.onb.ac.at/cgi-content/anno-plus?aid=sze&datum=1906&page=269&size=45

Leave a comment:

• George Best
    replied
    Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    For the sake of completeness you should turn several pages back and post the Neustadtl's picture.

A similar article was published in Wiener Schachzeitung in 1906 without the last problem.

http://anno.onb.ac.at/cgi-content/an...69&size=45
    Sorry for the late response but I am having problems locating the page in question regarding Neustadtl-Porges even though I found Neustadtl's name in the index.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Komer
    replied
    Published Games

November 6, 2020

I apologize for the size of my postings. I have wrestled with them for a while and that is what it is!

The photo of Dr. Hermann Neustadtl from BCM 1907, September issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9186.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	209819

Leave a comment:

• Egidijus Zeromskis
    replied
    For the sake of completeness you should turn several pages back and post the Neustadtl's picture.

A similar article was published in Wiener Schachzeitung in 1906 without the last problem.

http://anno.onb.ac.at/cgi-content/an...69&size=45

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Komer
    replied
    Published Games

BCM 1907, page 412

Name:	2020-11-06 13.27.17.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	209810

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Komer
    replied
    Published Games

BCM 1907, page 411

Name:	2020-11-06 13.26.23.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	209808

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Komer
    replied
    Published Games

BCM 1907, page 410

Name:	2020-11-06 13.26.00.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	209806

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Komer
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-11-06 13.24.53.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.5 KB ID:	209812
    Published Games

BCM 1907, page 409
    Last edited by Wayne Komer; Friday, 6th November, 2020, 03:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• George Best
    replied
    Thank you, Tony. I very much appreciate receiving the pdf

Leave a comment:

• Tony Boron
    replied
    Originally posted by George Best View Post
    I am unable to find an archive of published games online or an archive of back issues of chess periodicals. I am unable also to find a data base of all chess positions reached in official matches and tournaments. In particular, I am looking for the move list for Neustadtl-Porges 1901 Prague. I have been told that it was analyzed in the British Chess Magazine in September of 1907 or (1901?) and can not find an archive of issues of that magazine.
    I saw your (I assume it is yours) question on chess.com - if you are wondering about the variation 16...P-B5+ in the Averbakh book -
    So 16...P-B5+ - I think it should be P-B4+ or f5+ - probably a typo transcription from algebraic. I think they just threw that in for completeness as the only other moves are covered in a,b, and c.
    Last edited by Tony Boron; Wednesday, 4th November, 2020, 11:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tony Boron
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
    It was the September, 1907 issue of BCM, pages 406-410 (vol. 27). It's in the public domain, but I haven't been able to find any PDF's of it. The volume has been reprinted - available on a few sites for $20 to $40.
    I will attempt to attach the pdf from BCM - that is analysis after the position George is looking at.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tony Boron; Wednesday, 4th November, 2020, 11:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Brodie
    replied
    It was the September, 1907 issue of BCM, pages 406-410 (vol. 27). It's in the public domain, but I haven't been able to find any PDF's of it. The volume has been reprinted - available on a few sites for $20 to $40.

Leave a comment:

• George Best
    started a topic Published Games

Published Games

I am unable to find an archive of published games online or an archive of back issues of chess periodicals. I am unable also to find a data base of all chess positions reached in official matches and tournaments. In particular, I am looking for the move list for Neustadtl-Porges 1901 Prague. I have been told that it was analyzed in the British Chess Magazine in September of 1907 or (1901?) and can not find an archive of issues of that magazine. I have heard Agadmator on Youtube mention that certain positions "have never occurred before". What database would he be referring to that would provide that information?
Working...
X