• Show
Clear All

• Connor Gherasim
    replied
    condolences to friends and family. may he rest in peace

Leave a comment:

• Neil Frarey
    replied
    Tragic news ...sigh. He will be sorely missed. I loved how he found his own narrative of presenting chess and of course his dedication.

My deepest condolences to his family.

Rest in peace Wayne.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Sharpe
    replied
    So sad. Wayne was like our daily news feed here.

Leave a comment:

• Marc Andre Beaudry
    replied
    That is devastating news, Wayne was so active and interesting on chesstalk bringing us on all the latest chess news, he will be missed.

Leave a comment:

• Kerry Liles
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
    How lucky we've been here at Chesstalk to have had Wayne Komer providing his daily, interesting, and often fascinating reports and announcements on almost everything under the chess sun! I never met Wayne but feel as though I've lost a good friend. Rest in peace, Wayne.
    Absolutely devastating news. I had become used to Wayne being a fixture here with his wonderful curated news items and always timely information. I am glad that he was able to do what he clearly loved doing until the end ... Rest in peace.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Jung
    replied
    This is a shock. Wayne did the chess news on this site almost daily for several years and it seems like the end of an era. He was posting news until the last day and was doing what he loved amongst, I'm sure, his chess books and probably a set or two for analysis (or to set up favorite positions). My condolences to close friends and family. Rest in peace Wayne.
    Last edited by Hans Jung; Wednesday, 15th September, 2021, 03:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Peter McKillop
    replied
    How lucky we've been here at Chesstalk to have had Wayne Komer providing his daily, interesting, and often fascinating reports and announcements on almost everything under the chess sun! I never met Wayne but feel as though I've lost a good friend. Rest in peace, Wayne.

Leave a comment:

• Sid Belzberg
    replied
    OMG That is very sad! My condolences to the family.

Leave a comment:

• Ken MacDonald
    started a topic R.I.P. Wayne Komer, 09-01-1941 - 09-13-2021

R.I.P. Wayne Komer, 09-01-1941 - 09-13-2021

R.I.P. Wayne Komer, 09-01-1941 - 09-13-2021
Working...
X