Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    So let me get this straight...........

Canadian "Climate Activists" (Read: originator Bob G) are calling for 2 major "Climate Actions" in the first half of 2022!

The Dates

The 2022 Climate Action # 1: Friday, April 22 @ 12:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) // 16:00 Universal Time Coordinated (UTC) - 2022 World Earth Day!
    The 2022 Climate Action # 2: Sunday, June 5 @ 12:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)// 16:00 Universal Time Coordinated (UTC) - 2022 World Environment Day!

Other 2022 Climate Actions are being scheduled for the 2nd half of 2022, as we speak.

The Action (Canadian Proposals for Discussion)

1. All paid working persons across the globe will breach their employment contracts by striking from 9:00 AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 5:00 PM EDT (21:00 UTC), and accepting not being paid. Workers will put away their computers, drop their shovels, stop their serving of the public, etc. They will all join in the global, peaceful noon demonstrations.

2. All persons who are working without pay, and those not working, are encouraged to join the demonstrations.

3. All businesses are asked to close their businesses on these days, and owners are encouraged to join the demonstrations.

4. All national governments are called upon to close all non-essential services to the public, and to fund and support these global demonstrations.

The Demand

1. That all national governments across the globe cease their lip-service, ineffective climate change policies.

2. That all national governments make it priority # 1 to cooperate and re-marshal all resources into immediate and effective positive climate change action.

Do I have this right?

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
    No. Where did you get all this? I just said those 2 days would be idea for some protests!

Comment

• If Bob G didn't intend this world climate action (& I knew he didn't; it is my own), does anyone in the ChessTalk world think it has any merit at all?

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• Weekly Stats: CT Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change Thread

Week # 5 (22/1/27 – 22/2/2)

..................................................2022 Average........................................................................... 2022 Average
        .......................Last Week's....... Views/Day............................................... Last Week's.... ..Responses/Day
        Views/Day..... Views/Day ........ (To date) .........Responses/Day....... Responses/Day.......(To date)

........70 .............116 .....................107............................. 4.............................. 8............................... 7

Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Wednesday, 2nd February, 2022, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/othe...ggFp5#image=17 This bunker is on sale for $380,000 (bargoon) it has had millions put into it. The only problem is that it is located in Kansas.

Comment

If Bob G didn't intend this world climate action (& I knew he didn't; it is my own), does anyone in the ChessTalk world think it has any merit at all?

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

As I stated in a previous post here, I am of the opinion that there is only 1 technology that we are currently working on that can save us from the worst of climate change. That is nuclear fusion technology.

You asked Bob A. about liquid hydrogen. That's not going to do it, although if we had nuclear fusion electricity generation, it would be cheap to produce hydrogen. I would also say wind energy and solar energy, as great as they are, are totally insufficient.

Nuclear fusion is the miracle that Brad Thomson is asking for. If we should do anything at all, it would be to push governments and private enterprise to do anything and everything they can into nuclear fusion. It is a race against time.

So in terms of having days of protest against fossil fuels, these should also be days of pushing hard for our governments to put big money into nuclear fusion research. And if there are some sort of infrastructure changes needed to prepare for the day that nuclear fusion becomes feasible, then we need to start those infrastructure builds right now. And specifically, I am thinking of battery technology. We really need to find the absolutely best battery technology we can. Once we have fusion electricity generation, batteries would become far, far more ubiquitous than they are even today. We need to have batteries that are free from toxic heavy metals.

I would say that instead of protesting what we are using today, we need to focus on pushing AS HARD AS POSSIBLE these 2 technologies that we don't have perfected yet.

Comment

• Anthropogenic Positive Climate Change (APCC)

Phasing out animal agriculture could potentially stabilize greenhouse gas levels for decades, according to new model.

https://phys.org/news/2022-02-phasin...wOz0DPrsdCUDfY

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• Okay, so 3 solutions have been presented to solve climate change.

1. Eliminate / Reduce burning fossil fuels.
                2. Develop nuclear fusion technology.
                3. Phase out animal agriculture and switch to plant based diets.

The problem is that those who hate:
                option 1 will argue just do 2 and/or 3,
                option 2 will argue just do 1 and/or 3,
                option 3 will argue just do 1 and/or 2

pass the buck, nothing changes.

A more holistic approach is required. Progress on all options.

A suggestion for Earth Day.

Demand #1 - all private jets worldwide are grounded for Earth Day. Those defying the ban will be subject to ridicule and further protests.

This will target those with the greatest carbon footprint and that just don't give a shit. If you can't even pay lip service for 1 day, then WTF.
                A sincere public apology would be required within a week to avoid further public scorn.
                Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Thursday, 3rd February, 2022, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                  Okay, so 3 solutions have been presented to solve climate change.

The problem is that those who hate:
                  option 1 will argue just do 2 and/or 3,
                  option 2 will argue just do 1 and/or 3,
                  option 3 will argue just do 1 and/or 2

pass the buck, nothing changes.

A more holistic approach is required. Progress on all options.

A suggestion for Earth Day.

Demand #1 - all private jets worldwide are grounded for Earth Day. Those defying the ban will be subject to ridicule and further protests.

This will target those with the greatest carbon footprint and that just don't give a shit. If you can't even pay lip service for 1 day, then WTF.
                  A sincere public apology would be required within a week to avoid further public scorn.

I am very gung-ho about option #2 in your list, and yes I am also in favor of the other 2 options. But I would not ignore option 2 and say just work on options 1 and / or 3. So yes, progress on all 3 options would be best.

The reason I raised option #2 is that no one seems to be paying any attention to it. For example, who is demanding that our government get involved in the investments option 2 requires? Fusion is at this time a remarkably expensive undertaking. It is hard work, trying to create an artificial sun here on Earth that can be controlled and be safe. But the payoff is ENORMOUS. Clean energy, the cleanest of all, and once it IS controllable and safe, it is essentially FREE.

If we get fusion working, and we have high-efficiency batteries that don't pollute landfills with toxic chemicals, we have pretty much achieved nirvana for energy. And that will change humanity more than any other technologies have done COMBINED in human history.

So in any protests coming up, I hope there is a demand made of our government and our private investors, our billionaires, that money gets POURED into fusion. And the only way to do that is to portray it exactly as it is: a true race against time, and the only way out of our quagmire. Options 1 and 3 just by themselves won't stop the worst effects of climate change, even if they were instituted tomorrow.

By the way, Bob, in your suggestion for the banning on Earth Day of all private jet flights, maybe private yachts and boats should be included. Fossil-fuel powered boats are incredibly inefficient energy-wise, maybe the worst polluters of all.

Comment

• Anthropogenic Positive Climate Change (APCC)

Strategy - move to green energy.

The Americas - Province of Quebec, Canada

Hydro Quebec signs 40-year deal with Brookfield Renewables for clean energy

Subscribers only

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-hydro-quebec-signs-40-year-deal-with-brookfield-renewables-for-clean/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Top%20Business%20Headlines&utm_content=2022-2-2_7&utm_term=Hydro%20Quebec%20signs%2040-year%20deal%20with%20Brookfield%20Renewables%20for%20clean%20energy&utm_campaign=newsletter&cu_id=rC6JUhnPw284O4GhGImhAW4S4QM2hoOG

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                      Okay, so 3 solutions have been presented to solve climate change.

I'm sure that there are other creative solutions like carbon in the air capturing machines and planting carbon-capture vegetation. Moving to the moon doesn't seem doable, but maybe living underground. Install ice-making machines and a protective umbrella over the poles. Gated communities could become domed cities, in control of their own ecosystem. Reduce the human population through war and disease. I think we're working on that last one.

Comment

• Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

The Ancient Practice of Fossil Fuel Extraction, Transport & Sale

The Americas - USA

Big Oil is living on borrowed time

Oil majors' profits amid the climate crisis seem like a sick joke, but if they don't invest wisely the joke will be on them.

https://www.newstatesman.com/environ...-borrowed-time

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• Changing the Societal Attitude towards Climate Change

It seems clear to me that Capitalism and its national parties across the world, are barely paying lip-service to the issue. We see very little concrete action in any country, and what there is moves at a snail's pace, and has completion target dates long after humans will have already committed client suicide. Government policies, many, use as a target date for achievement, the year 2050 (Just a nice number in my opinion; politics has no scientific basis for this year being the deadline for us to achieve positive climate change). The normal scientific "Tipping Point" of Nature is on or about Jan. 1, 20 31 (only 9 years away)!

Clearly the governments of the world see no urgency on this issue. As Greta Thunberg has said: "Our house is on fire and you are doing nothing!"

But maybe the more important question is why the general world population sees no urgency on this issue. As Greta said in one of her recorded lectures, when she first learned of the issue as a teenager, she expected to find all kinds of articles on this in the mainstream press, and expected to see people out in the streets demonstrating. BUT she found nothing happening......so she went on her initial solitary Friday School Strike for Climate Change outside the Swedish Parliament. She eventually became a major "influencer" on this issue!

But years have passed since Greta first told the world........this issue needs URGENT attention! And what do we see?? Life just slowly continues; the status quo maintains. What climate change issue? Aren't the truckers more important news???

So climate change activists are faced with a HUGE problem.........how to get SOCIETY to treat the issue as URGENT, needing immediate action to stop this deterioration of our life-giving atmosphere..

One question I have;

Should the climate activists try to focus their actions to bring awareness, on the "working class"?

I ask this because is it possible that they are a more cohesive group to work with than the very varied "middle class"? Do climate activists need to focus their limited resources more to get an effective societal response? If the working class can be moved to public action of some kind on this issue, will that necessarily encourage the middle class to also take up the gauntlet?

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

Changing the Societal Attitude towards Climate Change

One question I have;

Should the climate activists try to focus their actions to bring awareness, on the "working class"?
                            I would focus attention on the giant carbon footprint of the wealthy. Private jets, yachts, mansions etc.
                            You have to cultivate the correct narrative. The past narrative from the other side tries to shame the good guys with their carbon footprint, we need to flip the script and shame the wealthy with their extravagant life styles and giant carbon footprints. Something like " regular people will be denied cheeseburgers so that the wealthy can fly their private jets". You get the idea.

Comment

the "working class"?

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
                              That includes practically everyone in the country...with the kids working to learn, the unemployed working to find a job and working to find their next meal, the junkies working to prevent their next withdrawl reaction, the grannies working to play with their grandkids, the super-rich working to grow their wealth and build relationships on the golf-course...

Marxism just tries to divide the nation into the working and the non-working...
                              Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Sunday, 6th February, 2022, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post

That includes practically everyone in the country...with the kids working to learn, the unemployed working to find a job and working to find their next meal, the junkies working to prevent their next withdrawl reaction, the grannies working to play with their grandkids, the super-rich working to grow their wealth and build relationships on the golf-course...

Marxism just tries to divide the nation into the working and the non-working...
                                Marx used the term "working class" to describe the world as he saw it under a capitalist system. A world divided between those who are required to work to earn a living, and those who are not. Whether or not you support Marxist solutions, please let us not confuse the terminology. The working class would NOT include "the super-rich working to grow their wealth and build relationships on the golf course".

Have I got that correct Bob A.?
                                Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Sunday, 6th February, 2022, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X