All sorts of Board Games at Toronto Strategy Games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All sorts of Board Games at Toronto Strategy Games!

We are not just a chess store!

Whether you want to play with friends, by yourself, or at a family game night, we have you covered!
    At Strategy Games we offer a great variety of board games for all tastes.
    Come take a look at our website at:
    strategygames.ca/store/en

or in person at 925 Danforth Avenue!

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240710_171535235.jpg Views:	2 Size:	21.9 KB ID:	234940
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240710_171551392.jpg Views:	2 Size:	22.1 KB ID:	234941
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240710_171517385.jpg Views:	2 Size:	25.5 KB ID:	234942
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240710_171543501.jpg Views:	2 Size:	27.4 KB ID:	234943
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240710_171520968.jpg Views:	2 Size:	25.8 KB ID:	234944
    Last edited by Strategy Games; Wednesday, 10th July, 2024, 01:43 PM.

Along with board games, we also have a great selection of puzzles!

Click image for larger version

Name:	puzzles photo.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	234946

Name:	PXL_20240710_171607667.MP.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	234947

Name:	PXL_20240710_171614816.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	234948

Comment

This is not a chess thread, is it Hugh?

Comment

The best store in Toronto! I'd rather have a chess board than a new dress. Who needs clothes anyways. :)

Comment

Must be all that blow-out inventory from the failed Strategy Games store in Ottawa???

Or, is that Bank St. store still limping along?

Comment

The Ottawa store is gone. But I think that calling this a failure is too harsh. Twenty-five years is a good run, times change. I was saddened to see it go. Bank Street is filled with vacancies.

Comment

Still waiting on Xiangqi.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
                The Ottawa store is gone. But I think that calling this a failure is too harsh. Twenty-five years is a good run, times change. I was saddened to see it go. Bank Street is filled with vacancies.
                Bricks and mortar is hard to maintain and justify in the Amazon world with real estate prices constantly rising.

Comment

Perhaps more attention could be paid to the quality of books being sold. I walk into the Toronto store and sometimes get the impression that anybody and their dog can get a chess book displayed on the shelves. Also the way the chess books are displayed seems a little ... :"weird". Not at all browsable. Makes the Dewey Decimal System look like masterpiece of organization. Then you get stuck with one of those top-notch staffers Larry talks about, who knows nothing at all about chess books trying to look the book up on a primitive Excel Spreadsheet. It becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Comment

Its never too much trouble to find a good chess book. Besides I talk to Francis who is always eager to help me.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
                      Me sad too, I am. But in all fairness SG was poorly placed (culturally speaking) and sent without a solid growth and societal plan.

Seems to that SG is micromanaged, rather than being about growing broad brand placement / recognition and gaining a large market share. Yes, Bank St., is a ghost street of its former self, my friend has a comic book store near the now defunct SG store, Myths Legends and Heroes, but having said that relying on walk-in traffic with only a street front presence is wishful thinking.

Sales of board games and strategy games in general have absolutely soared since 2020.

Comment

Amazon was certainly a factor, as was a reduction in downtown traffic since the pandemic which lead to large numbers of people working from home instead of the office. On the chess side of the operation much of the Quebec action was usurped, and much of the Ontario action was lost to middle men and to schools being ever more hesitant to allow strangers into the classrooms. And the pandemic had a serious effect upon camps and tournaments. There may also have been questionable handling of staff.
                        Last edited by Brad Thomson; Today, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X