Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilip Panjwani
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

Why do we need a law? What!!!!

The law was necessary to save lives.
    "If some ruthless and idiotic employer...." don't you mean "when some ruthless and idiotic employer.."
    Because that is exactly what happened. The law was passed, and the death toll plummeted.
    Labour laws are there for a reason. To protect us all from the ruthless and idiotic.
    If your Libertarian philosophy involves cancelling labour laws that protect us from the "ruthless and idiotic", then count me out.

Very difficult to sue somebody when you are dead.

Libertarianism does not need labor laws to protect workers; it makes workers realize that their protection is a given, because society is not bogged down by a myriad imperfect laws and constant political bickering, and instead has a very efficient judicial backbone on which they can rely 100% to be protected from even minor harm, and that they do not have to become a slave or die when dealing with ruthless and idiotic employers...
    Sid has posted a nice video above explaining how stupid our current systems really are...

Leave a comment:

• Sid Belzberg
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

"If some ruthless and idiotic employer...." don't you mean "when some ruthless and idiotic employer.."
    Because that is exactly what happened. The law was passed, and the death toll plummeted.
    Labour laws are there for a reason. To protect us all from the ruthless and idiotic.
    If your Libertarian philosophy involves cancelling labour laws that protect us from the "ruthless and idiotic", then count me out.

Government Explained.

Leave a comment:

• Sid Belzberg
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Harvey View Post
    Ignoring your ethnic diversion, although I will grant that "the vacuity of your own soul" has a certain poetic aura to it, any mockery you perceive is aimed solely at your persistent embracing of whatever conspiracy theory is touted on the internet. In my opinion, you have been given far too easy a ride on here by other debaters!
    Your predictable resort to labeling any viewpoint contrary to your limited perspective as a "conspiracy theory" only underscores your own intellectual impoverishment and lack of critical thinking.

Your assertion that 90% of information on the internet is false is a testament to your own gullibility and intellectual laziness. It is a convenient excuse, enabling you to dismiss any argument that challenges your shallow worldview. Instead of engaging in thoughtful analysis and discernment, you prefer to hide behind the veil of skepticism, as if it were a badge of intellectual superiority.

Your feeble attempts at mockery are but a reflection of your own insecurities and inability to counter arguments with reason and logic. It is amusing to witness your desperate attempts to undermine my credibility, all the while failing to grasp the substance of my arguments. I can only surmise that your intellectual faculties are ill-suited to the task of engaging in meaningful discourse.
    Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Thursday, 20th July, 2023, 09:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gillanders
    replied
    Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post

Why do we need a 'law' to ensure that workers can stay hydrated and if hard physical labor is involved, that they get the needed rest for a few minutes when they get fatigued? If some ruthless and idiotic employer tries to deny this to workers, he/she would be in big trouble as any harm, even minor, would then be deemed to be needing to be heavily compensated by any judge, even in the absence of any 'law' on it.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Harvey
    replied
    Ignoring your ethnic diversion, although I will grant that "the vacuity of your own soul" has a certain poetic aura to it, any mockery you perceive is aimed solely at your persistent embracing of whatever conspiracy theory is touted on the internet. In my opinion, you have been given far too easy a ride on here by other debaters!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X