In 2015...the Chess'n Math Association will turn 30!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In 2015...the Chess'n Math Association will turn 30!

I have a meeting with my executive on Jan 28, 2014 where we will be discussing what we should do for our 30th Anniversary in 2015. One of the members of our executive is proposing that we redo our experience in the Laurentians (Ste-Adele)...but do it bigger and better :)...and not lose money...good plan :)

Since we are in the planning stage...this is the time for constructive input...so I am all ears :)

Thanks

Larry

Re: In 2015...the Chess'n Math Association will turn 30!

I can connect you with the President of the Bahamas Federation. They are looking to run more tournaments there. Perhaps a joint venture between CMA and BCF?
    "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Awesome idea!

As the temperature drops in my fair city...I think a Feb 2015 event would be a winner. Yuri Outchkous has suggested a trip to a warm climate...and he gave me an agent but nothing happened...maybe 2015 will be our year for sun sea...and chess :)

Yes...please give me the contact!

Thanks

Larry

Comment

The executive of the CMA has decided that we will celebrate the Chess'n Math Association's 30th Anniversary with events happening from coast to coast in 2015 ...all taking place over the same weekend. We hope to have our provincial coordinators onboard to coordinate activities in their province. We expect to have everything in place by September 2014. If you have suggestions, please send me an e-mail: bevand at chess-math dot org

The event will be called the "CMA 30th Anniversary Superfest"

The Chess'n Math Association is Canada's National Scholastic Chess Organization, and it was created on August 22, 1985 to bring the game of chess to Canadian youngsters. www.chess-math.org

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
          The executive of the CMA has decided that …...
          I am just curious, who is on the executive of the CMA?

Comment

The board is elected in early September every year and it is made up of parents of youngsters who take part or have taken part in our activities in the past. There are 5 elected members on the board. I am not one of the 5 and I do not have a vote...but I do have input :).

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
              The board is elected in early September every year and it is made up of parents of youngsters who take part or have taken part in our activities in the past. There are 5 elected members on the board. I am not one of the 5 and I do not have a vote...but I do have input :).

Larry
              Thanks Larry. I can think of a few parents who are keen to see junior chess flourish. Perhaps they would like the opportunity to serve on the CMA executive. If they should ask me, what can I tell them?

Comment

Hi Bob,

We are always interested in feedback and help from parents who want to make a contribution. The executive meetings are held in Montreal (usually 4 times a year). I understand that for most folks this is not practical. On the otherhand, I would have no problem with a committee (not more than 5 people) being set up in the GTA which would avise the board on projects, issues and concerns. They can contact me and we can set this up. There would be 4 meetings a year at our Toronto location. Also if they want to make a contribution at the grass roots level, they can contact Francis Rodrigues directly at 416-486-3395.

Larry

Comment

Working...
                X