Updated Chess'n Math site now has a new feature!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Chess'n Math site now has a new feature!

We want to regularly provide Canadian Scholastic News and interviews on our website. Our objective is to add an up-to-date news site to other features such as scholastic ratings and a scholastic magazine (4 times a year).

Our first entry in the news blog appears today: "An Interview with National Master Adam Dorrance" by Victoria Jung-Doknjas

Go to www.chess-math.org and scroll down to the bottom of the page where it appears in the news section.

Larry Bevand
    Executive Director
    Chess'n Math Association

Re: Updated Chess'n Math site now has a new feature!

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
    on our website
    The interview is strangely formatted. The left side goes out of the screen. I have not seen this before on any other site...

imho, for those who visit a site regularly, news should be on top of the page :)

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
      The interview is strangely formatted. The left side goes out of the screen. I have not seen this before on any other site...

imho, for those who visit a site regularly, news should be on top of the page :)
      Hi Egidijus,

What browser and version are you using? Try Google Chome to see if that helps.

Victoria

Comment

Chrome did not help.

I looked into the code. Most likely this "-" is responsible for too much shift to left.
        .post-content-blogue {
        position: relative;
        left: -60px;
        }

Comment

Hi Egidijus,

Thanks for pointing this formatting issue out. It looked okay when I used Google Chrome, but not with my very outdated IE browser, so I thought that was the issue. The Chess'n Math tech guy, Christian, was looking into it and I think has now fixed the bug. It works for me now both in IE and Google Chrome. Please take a look.

Thanks,
          Victoria

Comment

I could read the text but the photos stretch vertically on the phone. The advice for other players was too little. On the main page there were 2 empty grey boxes and the latest Toronto news was from August 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post
              I could read the text but the photos stretch vertically on the phone. The advice for other players was too little. On the main page there were 2 empty grey boxes and the latest Toronto news was from August 2014.
              Hi Erik,

Thanks for your comments and checking out the interview with NM Adam Dorrance. I agree that the photos are better viewed on a computer, yet still can be seen on a phone. I think Adam's advice to kids playing chess today and to their parents was pretty solid. It may not be all-encompassing, but I think he is highlighting what he feels is important for kids and their parents.

I can't do too much about the timeliness of the Toronto news, but I will do my best to provide fresh weekly blog articles every Monday on the Blog - Across Canada.

Next week I plan to post on the World Youth & Cadets Chess Championship 2015.

Have a Great weekend!

Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria Jung-Doknjas View Post
                Please take a look.
                Now it is normal :) Thnx for the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                  Now it is normal :) Thnx for the interview.
                  Hi Egidijus,

And thanks for taking a look and your comments.

Any suggestions for future blog articles or other feedback are welcomed!

Victoria

Comment

This week's Chess'n Math blog article is "2015 World Youth & Cadets Chess Championships" by Victoria Jung-Doknjas.

You can find it here along with last week's article "An Interview with National Master Adam Dorrance":

http://chess-math.org/blog-across-canada

Comment

Working...
                    X