Brilliancy prizes at the Carnival Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brilliancy prizes at the Carnival Tournament

This coming weekend's Carnival Tournament in Quebec City is shaping up to be probably the strongest weekend tournament in Canadian history (pre-registration list here).

On Paul Cummins' suggestion, we will be giving a signed copy of my new book Amateur contre amateur (in French only, but there are a lot of pictures... ) as the brilliancy prize for each of the four sections in the tournament. It's up to the players to submit their games.

We'll do what we can to have the lettered players sign the book, as well as other players in the tournament, which will make it an exceptional souvenir. We also have a dozen more copies on hand for sale for $25, which we'll also get signed for the buyer. To reserve a copy, please email me at jrbleau@sympatico.ca

The judges will be Charles Tremblay for Section D, Paul Cummins for Section C, Robert Hamilton for Section B and we're currently in talks for Section A.

You can browse ("feuilleter") the book here.

Incidentally, I love meeting players from outside Quebec; it's a bit of a thrill for me whenever I play outside this province and mingle with the many chess subcultures in our country - Saint John, Ottawa, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo... If you're sitting on a fence, this is one event you will certainly not regret if you do come.

Re: Brilliancy prizes at the Carnival Tournament

IM Arnaud Rainfray will be the judge for Section A (i.e., the open section).

Comment

Working...
    X