Montreal Open Chess Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Montreal Open Chess Championship

Susan Polgar, a Twitter and Facebook friend of Championnatdemontreal, has put a publicity on her blog. See it on:

Susan Polgar Blog
    Last edited by Championnat de Montréal; Thursday, 2nd July, 2009, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Have a look at the World Open website:

http://www.worldopen.com

Very simple - everything is displayed in the home page, with simple links to click. No sound, no bells, no whistles.

Comment

Whatever your "reasons" for doing this, the fact that people hate web sites that play music at them unasked and tend to leave quickly is well know. Rationalize it however you like, it is still a blunder so far as designing web pages goes.

Personally, whatever your reasons may be, I will still leave a site that plays music at me unasked, and I will not come back. I am by no means alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse View Post
          I will still leave a site that plays music at me unasked, and I will not come back. I am by no means alone.
          Seconded. maybe I am not so strict if the site is really really useful (however, i can not name any , as there are no such at this time:D

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
            Have a look at the World Open website:

http://www.worldopen.com

Very simple - everything is displayed in the home page, with simple links to click. No sound, no bells, no whistles.
            In fact, since they don't have a website they simply put the official annoncement sheet instead. This is perfect and rapid like a sandwich bar.

Our Canadian culture and fashion is not better but just different. We have an official annoncement sheet AND a website.

Maybe next year after visiting our website they will say : Since the World is changing, the World Open will change too otherwise players will go in Canada instead for the 90th Montreal Chess Championship. ;)
            Last edited by Championnat de Montréal; Friday, 3rd July, 2009, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse View Post
              Whatever your "reasons" for doing this, the fact that people hate web sites that play music at them unasked and tend to leave quickly is well know. Rationalize it however you like, it is still a blunder so far as designing web pages goes.

Personally, whatever your reasons may be, I will still leave a site that plays music at me unasked, and I will not come back. I am by no means alone.
              If you have a young kid nearby, just make the test. Let him go on the website and explain him that if he wins a Chess Game against the Computer he is qualified for the Championship. Let the music play during the game. The next morning he will ask you to play another game and will ask also to see the robot!!! The tests we did with real kids worked perfectly.
              Last edited by Championnat de Montréal; Friday, 3rd July, 2009, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X