Eric Hansen Lecture at Calgary CC Feb 23, 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Hansen Lecture at Calgary CC Feb 23, 2017

Last night Eric gave a truly memorable lecture sharing his games for the Tata Steel Challengers tournament. It was great to hear about his preparation for the tournament and his general preparation. He told us his plans for the future, as well as what his thoughts are during a game. It was a modern day 'Think and Play like a Grandmaster' lecture. I am just sorry that nobody recorded it. I am sure Hans Jung would have loved to have seen it. Eric has a very dynamic and aggressive style, which resulted in all the games he showed were very interesting. It was supposed to be a 2 hour lecture, but the time flew by and it was closer to 3 hours. I had seen 2 of the games before from an interview by Yasser Seirwan after the games (which are available on Youtube), but interestingly, Eric did not repeat any of this material. It was also a treat to hear what the top players are 'really like'. It is very refreshing that we have Eric, such a charismatic personable, young man representing Canada. It will be interesting to see what heights he can reach.

Thank you to Calgary Chess Club for organizing this event and thank you to Eric for a great chess lecture.

Re: Eric Hansen Lecture at Calgary CC Feb 23, 2017

Whats better than Yasser commentating on Eric's games? Eric himself! C'mon Toronto can we redo this in TO?

Comment

It is always great to have Eric do this lectures at the Calgary Chess Club. His "Homecoming" is always a special event for us and something to look forward to!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Findlay View Post
        Last night Eric gave a truly memorable lecture sharing his games for the Tata Steel Challengers tournament....I am just sorry that nobody recorded it...
        Eric took notes. :)

If you weren't there, you can get a taste of what it was like by playing through Eric's annotations to his last-round win over Ilya Smirin on the CFC Newsfeed:

http://chess.ca/newsfeed/node/940
        Last edited by John Upper; Monday, 27th February, 2017, 10:36 PM. Reason: :)

Comment

Working...
        X