Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hart House Holidays Open

Re: Hart House Holidays Open

* bump *
    Over 80 now.

I could not find any games of Franco, Ryan in any databases. Did he change his name?

The CFC shows Ryan Franco with 11 games played over 2 tournaments, so the rating is provisional. He had 5/6 in the Toronto Open U2200 section, and 4.5/5 in the recent Mississauga Open (top section). No games in my database either (probably since no one has supplied me with games from either event).

FIDE has rated his Toronto Open tournament with a resulting 1932 FIDE rating on 4 games. No USCF rating. He was born in 1987, according to FIDE.

I also checked for Franco Ryan with no results.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
    The CFC shows Ryan Franco with 11 games played over 2 tournaments, so the rating is provisional. He had 5/6 in the Toronto Open U2200 section, and 4.5/5 in the recent Mississauga Open (top section). No games in my database either (probably since no one has supplied me with games from either event).

FIDE has rated his Toronto Open tournament with a resulting 1932 FIDE rating on 4 games. No USCF rating. He was born in 1987, according to FIDE.

Search gives Ryan Franco on the Philippines chess federation rating list.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Brodie View Post

Thanks Hugh. Another grossly under rated FIDE player. Great.

*bump*

122 players at the moment.
    Keep in mind early registration by email is before Wednesday. After Wednesday it's considered late.

Alex F.

Just like any traditional Hart House tournament, will there be teams competing for a team prize in this upcoming tournament?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by William Li View Post
    Just like any traditional Hart House tournament, will there be teams competing for a team prize in this upcoming tournament?

Thanks.

Hi William,
    Thanks for bringing that up.
    I usually wait to see that the number of participants will be healthy (125+) to announce the Team Prize.

So as per most previous editions, there will be a Team Prize at the Hart House Holidays Open.
    Any 4 players, provided they represent a minimum of 3 sections, can compose a team.
    All 4 individual scores will be added up. The winning team will take home a symbolic $400 prize, $100 per player.
    Note that each individual can only compete in one team.

Teams must be registered between 7pm Friday December 15th and 10:30am December 16th, on-site. (No fee to register)
    Please do not email me Team registrations in advance, and make sure you talk to all the players and have them agree that you're signing them up on your team :D to avoid confusion and double-entries.

Alex Ferreira

Hi,

We broke 150 and registrations still coming in.
    I will update all ratings sometime Thursday, after this week's rating update.
    This may mean that someone might shift section.

Alex F.

List and Ratings updated.
    See you all in the evening.
    Alex F.

Thread Information