broken thread view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken thread view?

anyone else experiencing a broken threaded view on chess talk? Not to mention the generation of a number of error messages about depreciated function calls.

(using firefox, not signed in)

Re: broken thread view?

I noticed that it switches to hybrid view or threaded view when not signed in, and after the phone gets updates. I prefer a Linear view.

Errors - that probably the price somebody will pay for the site LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Patterson View Post
      anyone else experiencing a broken threaded view on chess talk? Not to mention the generation of a number of error messages about depreciated function calls.

(using firefox, not signed in)
      Yes, it does appear thread and hybrid mode is empty (eg: broken). I am logged in and I use Opera v51 as the browser on Windows 10 (if any of that matters, but I noticed Egid mention he was accessing CT on his phone(!) )
      I too have noticed various error messages about deprecated functions etc. This site is using a rather old version of the forum software and perhaps it is now just a mashup of stuff as well...
      I may try linear mode but that is a bit of a problem in huge threads and that is why I usually prefer thread view.
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
        Yes, it does appear thread and hybrid mode is empty (eg: broken). I am logged in and I use Opera v51 as the browser on Windows 10 (if any of that matters, but I noticed Egid mention he was accessing CT on his phone(!) )
        I too have noticed various error messages about deprecated functions etc. This site is using a rather old version of the forum software and perhaps it is now just a mashup of stuff as well...
        I may try linear mode but that is a bit of a problem in huge threads and that is why I usually prefer thread view.
        The various threaded views have been broken for about a week. I wasn't sure at first but it happens with different browsers on different computers for me. There seemed to be a reset of the forum about a week ago. The new malware issues disappeared, which was good. Some posts (cough) also disappeared.

Steve

Comment

ChessTalk seems to be disintegrating into a pile of broken code.

Comment

me too

... but how can we read other responses to the OP?

Comment

Re: me too

Originally posted by John Upper View Post
              ... but how can we read other responses to the OP?
              If you change your display to linear view you can scroll through an entire thread...
              (not sure if this is what you were asking; I would think you already know this so perhaps I completely misunderstand your question)
              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Top right of the screen...you will see display...click there and then click switch to hybrid

We are looking into the problem.

Larry

Comment

Working...
                X