Ontario Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario Open

I can't find any information on who has been awarded the Ontario Open for this year. I think that it is SWOCL's turn but even that is not sure. What can people tells us about both 2017 and 2018 Ontario Opens?

Re: Ontario Open

Toronto

2017 was in Ottawa. Bator won it.

Comment

Dropping by the Annex Chess Club to see the all-master Toronto Closed I see that they have a flyer up for the Ontario Open:

http://annexchessclub.com/wp-content...Open-flyer.pdf

May 19-21
      Four sections: Crown, U2200, U1800, U1400

http://annexchessclub.com/2018-ontario-open/

As this is an important OCA event I thought I'll pay to have the notice posted here.

Comment

I guess advance entries to the Ontario Open this weekend at the Annex Chess Club closes tonight at midnight (or was it last night at midnight?).

118 entries on their webpage:
        http://annexchessclub.com/2018-ontario-open/

Comment

After the yesterday update it bumped up to 157 players.

Comment

Gong into last round the leaders are clear:
            Top section already won by Ameer K Ghasi 2483 of England 5-0!
            U2200 David Southam 5-0
            U1800 Merlin Nazareno 5-0
            U1400 David Gauthier 4.5 (one bye).
            www.chess-results.com

Comment

I found the site quite hot for last round. No Fans and back door was closed.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
                I found the site quite hot for last round. No Fans and back door was closed.
                I noticed that it was warm the evening before, but the A/C was pouring in through the floor grates; an open door would make it hotter. Also, the windows were covered to stop the bright sunlight.

Something that will probably be an issue on Labour Day weekend.

I did like the table cloths, cleanliness, and new pieces, sets not being mixed up. And the noise from the skittles room didn't travel through.

Comment

The same thing happened at one Cdn Open at the Primrose Hotel.
                  The main room was very hot as you had many degrees of body heat. Yet the smaller off rooms were comfortable to even too cold. I think body heat in the room was the factor more than whether the Air conditioner was working.
                  I think fans even in a closed room would have circulated air .

Comment

Working...
                  X